Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Well, have at it

Auburn trying to make it 5 in a row for the SEC.

Oregon trying to prove that somebody other than SC can win one for the PAC-10

Oregon is more than capable of winning this game, especially if Auburn pulls the ole' 'forget to show up in the first half' bit. Oregon may drop 50 in the first 30 if that happens.

I like Auburn to win for 4 reasons.

1. Cam Newton

2. Rush Defense While the Auburn defense hasn't been very good overall, they have been good at making teams one-dimensional. I think the Rush defense can at least slow Oregon down. They've done it to some pretty good backs over the course of the season. They're ranked #11 in the country in this category, and have more speed on defense than any other team Oregon has faced. The few games I've watched Oregon play, it seems to me that much of their rushing yards come from L. James and Co getting to the edges and breaking long runs. It won't be as easy against the Tiger's speedy LB's, and defensive backs that, unfortunately, are better at stopping the run than stopping the pass

3. Schedule strength Auburn has come out of the SEC after beating some very good teams. 6 ranked and 8 bowl eligible out of a total of 12 in the regular season. Oregon, by contrast, has only beaten 3 ranked teams and 5 who are bowl eligible. After Stanford, there's really no way you can compare any of the Ducks' wins to Auburn beating Carolina twice, Arkansas, LSU, and Bama (edit: Oregon has beaten 6 who are bowl eligible, not 5)

4. Offensive line Overlooked all year, the Tiger offensive line is anchored by Lee Ziemba who will almost certainly be a high draft pick. They are a veteran, physical unit that has much to do with Auburn's success over the year. I'll let Steve Spurrier say the rest. "Auburn’s offensive line is one of the best in the nation. They really are. They’re good. I mean, you ought to go interview some of those guys also." I agree

Something that often gets overlooked, IMO, is the layoff effect. Waiting a month+ to play is tough. How you use this time to prepare is huge. I think Chizik gets a small advantage by having been through this while heading the defense at UT during their recent championship season.

If Oregon wins, they deserve it. The Ducks definitely belong on the same field. Chip Kelly has been fantastic, and his offense is as impressive as any I've ever seen.

To a great game
    Last edited by symple19; 12-06-2010 at 04:21 PM.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i dont know...there are bad omens with auburn...

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    i dont know...there are bad omens with auburn...
    There have been almost all year. By all accounts it's brought the team closer together. This will probably continue as the media zeros in on the Cecil/Cam saga. Most casual fans will probably side with the Ducks. Auburn can/will use this as motivation. I'm not concerned about this aspect at all. Were these distractions going to impact auburn, they would have by now.

As an Auburn fan, I'm more worried about Malzahn leaving than anything else. His name is popping up everywhere, and that's something that, IMO, would impact Auburn far more than the NCAA stuff

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    The biggest question going into the BCS NC Game is this:

Which zany color scheme will the Ducks go with?

i'm pulling for the ducks. curious how the ducks defense will matchup against newton.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This auburn defense is far and away the worst sec defense in the national championship of this millennial era.
    However oregon defense is prob worse than auburns. Can't bet against the team with the bad ass qb.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This auburn defense is far and away the worst sec defense in the national championship of this millennial era.
    However oregon defense is prob worse than auburns. Can't bet against the team with the bad ass qb.
    I haven't looked yet, but now I'm wondering what the over/unders on this game is.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This will be the most fun had in a championship game in a long time...if you like scoring, that is.

As far as a pick goes, it's hard to pick against Cam Newton. Oregon will get theirs, but Newton will make a Vince Young-esque play or two to seal the win.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Auburn's defense is worse statistically than Oregon's D, so this might be one of those types of the games where you're just watching back and forth...

That kid is back on the escalator! Brodie Bruce's Avatar
    My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Newton's carried us this far. One more game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'm still debating this game. Not sure who I like yet. I really think Oregon can hang with them and it will be a close game for sure though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My heart wants Oregon but my brain says Auburn.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Oregon should win this game. I don't think it will be all that close either. I'll say 50-24 Ducks.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Oregon should win this game. I don't think it will be all that close either. I'll say 50-24 Ducks.
    Explain, por favor

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Found this elsewhere and thought it was interesting

QB's Knocked Out by Auburn This Season:
    Knocked Kyle Parker Out
    Knocked Steven Garcia Out
    Knocked Ryan Mallet Out
    Knocked Arron Murray
    Knocked Greg McElory Out

The Battle in the Trenches:
    Oregon Starting Offensive Line: (2 Deep)
    OT: Bo Thran | 6-5, 295
    OT: C.E. Kaiser | 6-4, 290
    OG: Carson York | 6-5, 285
    OG: Mark Asper | 6-7, 323
    C: Jordan Holmes | 6-5, 285

Auburn Defensive Line: (3 Deep)
    DE: Antoine Carter | 6-4, 256
    DE: Nosa Eguae | 6-2, 258
    DT: Nick Fairley | 6-5, 298
    DT: Zach Clayton | 6-3, 296

Auburn Offensive Line: (2 Deep)
    TE: P. Lutzenkirchen | 6-4, 258
    OT: Lee Ziemba | 6-8, 319
    OT: Brandon Mosley | 6-6, 299
    OG: Mike Berry | 6-3, 316,
    OG: Byron Isom | 6-3, 302
    C: Ryan Pugh | 6-4, 297

Oregon Starting Defensive Line: (2 Deep)
    DE: Terrell Turner | 6-3, 248
    DE: 58 Kenny Rowe | 6-3, 230
    DT: 88 Brandon Bair | 6-7, 250
    DT: Zac Clark | 6-2, 256

Rush Defense:
    Auburn is #11th nationally in rush defense (111.69 yards allowed/416 attempts).
    Oregon is #16th nationally in rush defense (117.00 yards allowed/424 attempts).

Auburn opponents rushed 416 times for 1452 yards and 16 TDs
    Oregon opponents rushed 424 times for 1411 yards and 11 TDs

As a conference (excluding Oregon) the Pac 10 averaged: 153.98 yards per game rushing.
    As a division the SEC West (excluding Auburn) averaged: 185.932 yards per game rushing.

Strength of Schedule:
    Auburn: combined opponents record is 44-30 (594%). Auburn has defeated 5 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 (and at least two of 5 are headed to BSC bowls).

Oregon's combined opponents record is: 24-41 (.369%) Oregon has defeated only one team that is currently ranked in the top 25.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    That Auburn O-line vs Oregon D-line is the matchup to watch. lol nobody bigger than 260 on the Duck's defensive line.

Cam Newton is as big as the biggest Duck D-lineman....rofl

That kid is back on the escalator! Brodie Bruce's Avatar
    My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Honestly speaking this game has the potential to be as good as that Texas-USC Rose Bowl. I think it's going to come down to whoever has the ball last needing to make one final clutch play to win it.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Explain, por favor
    Auburn won't be able to keep up with them. Nobody has all year. They have the opponent out of gas by the 4th quarter.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Strength of Schedule:
    Auburn: combined opponents record is 44-30 (594%). Auburn has defeated 5 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 (and at least two of 5 are headed to BSC bowls).

Oregon's combined opponents record is: 24-41 (.369%) Oregon has defeated only one team that is currently ranked in the top 25.
    This is the part that worries me... I like Oregon, just skeptical right now. I'm still up in the air.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Oregon is 13th in the country in yard per play on defense. Auburn is ranked in the 40's. This is an important stat when you consider the speed of the game that Oregon plays at. I see little chance for Auburn to be able to hang with them.

Strength of Schedule:

lot of good teams in the pac-10 that beat each other up...everyone plays, everyone. lets not forget that. hence, i wouldn't put too much into that statistic. should be a good game.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Oregon smoked Stanford and I think Stanford would beat Auburn too.

Oregon smoked Stanford and I think Stanford would beat Auburn too.
    its nice having some pac-10 support here, but come one...this doesn't help. stanford is not beating auburn; oregon will get all they can handle, in fact.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This is an important stat when you consider the speed of the game that Oregon plays at. I see little chance for Auburn to be able to hang with them.
    wow.

I see a slight chance for Auburn blowing out Orgeon.

In reality, I think it'll be a 38-31 type of game.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    its nice having some pac-10 support here, but come one...this doesn't help. stanford is not beating auburn; oregon will get all they can handle, in fact.
    I don't know why you're hating on Stanford...

They have a terrific team. I think they're #3 in the country when the final polls come out.

Thread Information