Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1898
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that Spurs will finally trade Young to Phoenix for Smith and a pair of 2n rounders
    At this point I'd take that... but I'd hope we could get a first if we added a couple 2nd's with Thad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that Spurs will finally trade Young to Phoenix for Smith and a pair of 2n rounders
    How would that work? Phoenix is over the cap. So salaries would have to match. ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'd take that... but I'd hope we could get a first if we added a couple 2nd's with Thad.
    That def would be a miracle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which seconds? Like I wouldn't trade the Detroit second for the Phoneix first, especially given they can't even give up a first earlier than 2024. That's even more true considering the team has to take on Saric's and Smith's salaries for next year and Smith's salary for 22/23 if the Suns pick it up. That's a lot of money to move up like five spots and back two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would that work? Phoenix is over the cap. So salaries would have to match. ???
    We have to take Saric also who is dead money since he is out all year. But Saric/Smith for Young works financially. Who gets what picks really determins which team values which player(s) more.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to take Saric also who is dead money since he is out all year. But Saric/Smith for Young works financially. Who gets what picks really determins which team values which player(s) more.
    Who would you cut? Cutting Saric makes his 2022-2023 money completely dead iirc, and the Spurs already cut Samanic (former 1st rounder) and Aminu (potentially salary ballast) due to lack of roster spots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which seconds? Like I wouldn't trade the Detroit second for the Phoneix first, especially given they can't even give up a first earlier than 2024. That's even more true considering the team has to take on Saric's and Smith's salaries for next year and Smith's salary for 22/23 if the Suns pick it up. That's a lot of money to move up like five spots and back two years.
    I'm not sure which two we'd have to give up but, I was thinking two of our future 2nd's.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just browsed Suns Twitter and Smith just sounds like a bust despite being drafted 10th overall two years ago. Plus they missed their chance to get him into camp.

Still him and Primo would make Austin fun to track.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Jalen had a good Summer League. Could be a buy low scenario. Yet, what minutes do we have for him? With ZaCo needing an eventual audition, and Landale not even getting minutes yet, not sure how another developing big fits in. That’s the challenge with a young team and an ambiguous pecking order.

Jalen Summer League: https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...ll-summer-suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a trade now would almost certainly be Young and Eubanks for Smith and Saric, and I think that needs a first to even out value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a trade now would almost certainly be Young and Eubanks for Smith and Saric, and I think that needs a first to even out value.
    Can spurs survive with two injured players or would they buy out saric?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can spurs survive with two injured players or would they buy out saric?
    They wouldn't do this trade unless they liked Smith WAY more than we think they do. Young can play center, but after this trade, the depth chart would just be Poeltl, Landale, Smith and Cacok. They would be okay at PF resting Saric, but they NEED a center, even in the modern NBA, so their shaky depth behind Poeltl would be a concern. But far the best way to balance the value of the trade is to have Collins instead of Eubanks go out. That still saves Phoenix a lot of long-term salary while also getting the Spurs out of a potential mistake. But even then, I wouldn't do it for free unless Smith was a least a playable prospect.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't do this trade unless they liked Smith WAY more than we think they do. Young can play center, but after this trade, the depth chart would just be Poeltl, Landale, Smith and Cacok. They would be okay at PF resting Saric, but they NEED a center, even in the modern NBA, so their shaky depth behind Poeltl would be a concern. But far the best way to balance the value of the trade is to have Collins instead of Eubanks go out. That still saves Phoenix a lot of long-term salary while also getting the Spurs out of a potential mistake. But even then, I wouldn't do it for free unless Smith was a least a playable prospect.
    Would the Spurs just have to judge Smith on his past videos, or would they be able to interview and work him out? With the Suns' permission, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the Spurs just have to judge Smith on his past videos, or would they be able to interview and work him out? With the Suns' permission, of course.
    I don't think work outs are ever parts of trades. At this point with NBA players its a pretty well known comodity.

I don't see the Suns trade happening. I still think Young just gets bought out unless they can get an easy first for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs view Zollins as a potential mistake yet though... they signed him for a reason and until he gets on the court it's safe to say they value him at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs view Zollins as a potential mistake yet though... they signed him for a reason and until he gets on the court it's safe to say they value him at this point.
    I don't think the Spurs view him as a mistake now and probably wouldn't any time this season if his ankles stay attached to his body. I agree there. My point is that from a money perspective, including Collins with Young makes sense for both sides. The Spurs only take on $2 Million or so more than they're already expected to take on (I strongly doubt the Spurs will view half of Zach's salary as enough savings to give up their flier next summer), and from Phoenix's perspective, they're still saving like $5 Million against next season's cap -- maybe more if they stretch Collins. So they get most of what they want without it in bering the Spurs as much. That takes away some of the necessary value the Spurs need to make this worth their participation.

I'd hope there's no chance the Spurs would be willing to trade Eubanks and have a second IR spot without a sizeable return coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think work outs are ever parts of trades. At this point with NBA players its a pretty well known comodity.

I don't see the Suns trade happening. I still think Young just gets bought out unless they can get an easy first for him.

be bought out. No one is giving up a first for a guy playing a 12th man role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be bought out. No one is giving up a first for a guy playing a 12th man role
    He should’ve been traded before the season started. Now Pop is forced to showcase that the guy still has it. Young needs to play good to earn his next contract though. We could’ve been seeing Londale. Morey dragging Simmons situations I think really messed us up, not necessarily as the major trade player but could be 3rd team facilitating. I just thought Spurs have been always on this kind of trade scenario lately, fault or no fault of theirs, but maybe lack the highsight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should’ve been traded before the season started. Now Pop is forced to showcase that the guy still has it. Young needs to play good to earn his next contract though. We could’ve been seeing Londale. Morey dragging Simmons situations I think really messed us up, not necessarily as the major trade player but could be 3rd team facilitating. I just thought Spurs have been always on this kind of trade scenario lately, fault or no fault of theirs, but maybe lack the highsight?
    he'll get a contract extension and then bought out.. It's the Spurs way of saying "thank you"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    *BUMP*

Pop is the only coach that can reach Ben. Lonnie Walker, DeJounte Murray and Derrick White works. Do it RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Phoenix is trying to dump their trash on us, knowing that we are one of the few teams that could them over next summer with a MAX offer sheet to Ayton, forcing them to pay him.

No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Ayton, but I don't like pairing him with popovich. This could be an Aldridge/Jefferson situation again and the whole site will be wanting him gone within 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now it’s time to offer DJ and Thad again. Seriously, DJ has been playing great and really looking he’s on a mission. And last night Thad showed he still has it. I wonder if Pop have PATFO changed their minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just at 76ers-Hawks. 76ers role players played really loose and free and they still had plenty of guys to guard and frustrate Trae Young. Embiid didn't even play a particularly great game.

Sort of looked like addition by subtraction, but I dunno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information