Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3333
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people here don’t understand the difference between the punishment for a misdemeanor offense, and the punishment for a felony offense. Misdemeanors mean jail or community service. Felonies mean prison.

When an athlete skates, it’s usually in how they’re charged. He missed that window.
    Yup, at this point he will have to beat the charges. Felonies, almost by definition, are crimes that carry punishments of more than one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If MJ wants too he can pull strings. Shaq pulled strings for Stephen Jackson in Georgia once upon a time.
    What was Stephen’s offense? Misdemeanor dope?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If MJ wants too he can pull strings. Shaq pulled strings for Stephen Jackson in Georgia once upon a time.
    Any other felonies maybe, but wife beater and child abuse? Women and children. Those are almost in US sacred law. Bridges will do time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any other felonies maybe, but wife beater and child abuse? Women and children. Those are almost in US sacred law. Bridges will do time
    I think recent supreme court decisions have proven the US doesn't give a about women and children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think recent supreme court decisions have proven the US doesn't give a about women and children.
    And Karl Malone still walks free.

Ray Rice too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if this country doesn't give a rat's ass about women and children, it DEFINITELY doesn't give a goddamn about black women and children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was Stephen’s offense? Misdemeanor dope?
    He never said which case it was. He briefly touched on it on the Shaq episode of All The Smoke. May have been the gun charges in Indy which was a felony hit. Not as bad as Bridges but I bet he gets little to no jail time if he says and does the right things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never said which case it was. He briefly touched on it on the Shaq episode of All The Smoke. May have been the gun charges in Indy which was a felony hit. Not as bad as Bridges but I bet he gets little to no jail time if he says and does the right things.
    MAYBE a few months at most, followed by some sort of community service and/or therapy, probation, and hefty fines.

Years of jailtime? lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup... he'll probably be able to plea it out for a minimum sentence though unless he gets caught up in a political whirlwind where the powers that be in Cali feel they need to make an example of him to frame the way they are viewed to the electorate in an election year that's leaning to the right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall crazy if you think Bridges will do real time rich people don't go to jail for this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup... he'll probably be able to plea it out for a minimum sentence though unless he gets caught up in a political whirlwind where the powers that be in Cali feel they need to make an example of him to frame the way they are viewed to the electorate in an election year that's leaning to the right.
    He got caught in Cali? that, he’s getting jail time Unless Silver gets him to the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think not long ago I really wanted Bridges on the Spurs

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll have the best lawyer. He will get off much better than someone else with the same charge without money. Other than that, it's hard to predict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will face consequences including jail time I'm thinking. It won't be community service at the food bank. Lucky for him he'll have the money to hire good attorneys....he's gonna need'm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to condone him beating his chick but if she is smart she walks it back. Half of 100m is alot more than half of 10mm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to condone him beating his chick but if she is smart she walks it back. Half of 100m is alot more than half of 10mm.
    Then divorce him later. Get his career back for her kids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if this country doesn't give a rat's ass about women and children, it DEFINITELY doesn't give a goddamn about black women and children.
    Just for balance, one third of the black population has been eliminated by that thing that the supreme court said should be decided by the states. Now, back to basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

CBS Sports NBA @CBSSportsNBA
    1h
    Lakers, Pacers re-engage on Buddy Hield trade talks, per report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn

Harden will make $33M for the 2022-2023 season, and has the player option for $35.6M in 2023-2024, sources tell ESPN. He can move right back into free agency next summer and negotiate another new deal.

Free agent James Harden has agreed on a two-year, $68.6M deal, including a player option, to return to the 76ers, sources tell ESPN.

6:04pm · 20 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes it's safety over money.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harden will make $33M for the 2022-2023 season, and has the player option for $35.6M in 2023-2024, sources tell ESPN. He can move right back into free agency next summer and negotiate another new deal.

Free agent James Harden has agreed on a two-year, $68.6M deal, including a player option, to return to the 76ers, sources tell ESPN.

6:04pm · 20 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhone
    Props to Harden for putting his money where his mouth is. I think he could have gotten around $48M next year at the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't spend a buck when you're beaten to a vegetable.
    Can't enjoy a dollar if your child is killed in the collateral damage.
    Can't anything when your life is miserable.

This guy is not some one-time beater.
    He's a menace and no, no law enforcement could stop this guy from doing something terrible before they can respond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania@ShamsCharania

Guard Mac McClung has agreed on a one-year deal with the Golden State Warriors, his agent Dan Poneman of @beyond_am told @TheAthletic @Stadium. McClung averaged 13.4 points and 4.8 assists in summer league for the Warriors.

6:17pm · 20 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhoneasA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three
    Felony
    Charges
    Including
    Child
    Abuse

This isn’t going to be 60 days, and out. The unit of measure will be years, not weeks or months. Probably something like 5-6, out in 3 with good behavior.
    As an attorney I would disagree.

California is much like Alabama in regards to sentencing guidelines. He has no prior felonies. So it would presumptively be probation unless judge deviates from the guidelines due to aggravating cir stances.

He's rich and he will get a top notch lawyer and they will work out a plea deal. He probably winds up pleading to a felony assault and misdemeanor child abuse at worse. Even if he pleads to all three judge is just going to run them concurrently so no biggie.

If a plea deal is worked out judge will rubber stamp it and approve. The judge could not go by the recommended sentence and hammer him but he won't. Judges hardly ever ignore the terms of a plea deal.

My guess is he agrees to some community service, takes anger management and is put on probation. Or at worst he gets a month or two in jail worst case scenario.

She's got him by the balls divorce wise and will leverage this for a big settlement most likely. Hes going to have to pay out the ass but if he does then she will be in their blessing the deal and asking for no jail time and anger management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an attorney I would disagree.

California is much like Alabama in regards to sentencing guidelines. He has no prior felonies. So it would presumptively be probation unless judge deviates from the guidelines due to aggravating cir stances.

He's rich and he will get a top notch lawyer and they will work out a plea deal. He probably winds up pleading to a felony assault and misdemeanor child abuse at worse. Even if he pleads to all three judge is just going to run them concurrently so no biggie.

If a plea deal is worked out judge will rubber stamp it and approve. The judge could not go by the recommended sentence and hammer him but he won't. Judges hardly ever ignore the terms of a plea deal.

My guess is he agrees to some community service, takes anger management and is put on probation. Or at worst he gets a month or two in jail worst case scenario.

She's got him by the balls divorce wise and will leverage this for a big settlement most likely. Hes going to have to pay out the ass but if he does then she will be in their blessing the deal and asking for no jail time and anger management.
    In Alabama I would just work out a reverse split sentence. Like a 10/2 reverse split. So that would be a ten year sentence with a 2year probation sentence on front end and 8 years hanging with over his head on the he back end. In other words, be a good boy for two years and the 8 years goes away. But I'm pretty sure Cali doesn't allow reverse splits

So many options other than a hefty sentence.

Thread Information