Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know Luka’s problem mentally and/or physically. But if he’s serious in basketball, he should be out there trying to work it out. But I can’t find any news about him at all. I would love for him to get it together because he is very skilled and still very young at 22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic was just compared to Lebron James.

Never change, ST.
    My favourite was Jock Landale as “Baby Joker” and Primo as the next D Wade but there have been some great “he is the next Tony and Manu” comparisons also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not agree. F that less talented European version of Michael Beasley. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is not good enough for the NBA. Otherwise he would be on an NBA team. I'm curious to see if he signs to a team in Europe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic was just compared to Lebron James.

Never change, ST.
    In the mind of someone with low ability to process context, sure. In the real world what I implied was that getting back on defense when the opposing player is already in a full sprint has caused the games best to not challenge the play. Sure you'd still like to see the effort but in no world does Luka prevent that score. In fact the worst case of a and 1 is the most likely. But carry on with the misreading of someone's post to fit the group think narrative.

Never change, ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's infuriating we never got to see Luka at full run for 20-25 minutes while getting pats on the back. In an alternate universe, that Luka is putting up 17ppg and playing stellar defense. In this one, he'll become the next leader of a paramilitary in Slovenia.
    I actually agree with you. Maybe it’s the sunk cost fallacy, but I believe he should have been given more time. Luka was showing promise before he got cut. And even when he ended up in the G-League for the Knicks, he was dominating before he got injured.

The talent is still there. He’s only 22. But now he’s probably going to end up back in Slovenia, and as you said, lead a paramilitary group or something.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the mind of someone with low ability to process context, sure. In the real world what I implied was that getting back on defense when the opposing player is already in a full sprint has caused the games best to not challenge the play. Sure you'd still like to see the effort but in no world does Luka prevent that score. In fact the worst case of a and 1 is the most likely. But carry on with the misreading of someone's post to fit the group think narrative.

Never change, ST.
    You're the one who compared him to Lebron.

You could've used any other player who has ever played organized basketball.

You chose Lebron.

There's groupthink then there's not thinking at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also: Samanic

His failure is all his fault and no one else's. He could still actually turn it around but it's all up to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one who compared him to Lebron.

You could've used any other player who has ever played organized basketball.

You chose Lebron.

There's groupthink then there's not thinking at all.
    Sigh...saying it again doesn't make it true. But have at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh...saying it again doesn't make it true. But have at it.
    You keep saying Samanic's failure is someone else's fault.

It's not true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Samanic a different player with minutes and Pop's confidence, like Primo is getting, despite shifting the bed?

They should have known they were drafting a kid that didn't respond well to the kind of coaching that Pop (and Thibs) employs. And they should have stayed away from him if they were not able to build him in a similar way as they are with Primo. His motor ticks differently than most. He shuts down when critiqued. But he showed enough last year before being cut to at least get the minutes that Primo got. Then reassess after giving him the chance to show what he's got playing with confidence.

As for QW, Pop drafted him and Kerr has in essence done the same. He's a marginal NBA player. And maybe Samanic would have been too, but we won't know now as he's completely trashed mentally, which is a shame for someone with his ceiling.
    He was arguably the worst player in preseason for sure before he got cut. Definitely the worst conditioned one. He deserved to be cut. Even if it is pops fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying Samanic's failure is someone else's fault.

It's not true.
    You and comprehension. I said Pop didn't give him the same shot he did Primo which is a factual statement. I also said it was unlikely he ever amounted to much in the league given his motor is his major issue but sometimes confidence players can surprise you. Well never know. Uriel had a great reply above. Read it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We saw Samanic do his job a couple a times. It’s not like he dominated or overachieved. We got excited because he showed glimpses of competence, not excellence.

Luka is the guy at work that employees think is pretty good because they saw him do his job once and he brought in donuts a couple of other times. Meanwhile, those in the department that work closely with Luka see him everyday for who is, which is a lazy employee who keeps doing the same mistakes over and over, a malcontent, self centered, and en led employee. The leader in the department does not want to put Luka in front of the company because they don’t deserve to be rewarded or fear embarrassment of a serious screw up. Those in the department aren’t surprised when Luka is let go, but others outside may wonder “what happened to Luka? He showed promise and management didn’t see it. It’s so unfair.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was given an opportunity and failed. Doesn’t change that this was a loss for PATFO also, especially given he was probably drafted 10-20 spots too early. They can’t all be wins but everyone involved needs to hold that L and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was given an opportunity and failed. Doesn’t change that this was a loss for PATFO also, especially given he was probably drafted 10-20 spots too early. They can’t all be wins but everyone involved needs to hold that L and move on.
    It's an L. Not a substantial one considering it was a non lottery pick but still an L nonetheless.

At least they swung for upside. It was a better upside pick than livio jean Charles and some others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an L. Not a substantial one considering it was a non lottery pick but still an L nonetheless.

At least they swung for upside. It was a better upside pick than livio jean Charles and some others.
    you acknowledge that livio got a big injury? the concensus is that he was a raw athlete who might not have panned out, bust post injury it was futile. Lots of people cite this as a bust, but it's not clear they know the history. livio also wasn't a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dupe

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We saw Samanic do his job a couple a times. It’s not like he dominated or overachieved. We got excited because he showed glimpses of competence, not excellence.

Luka is the guy at work that employees think is pretty good because they saw him do his job once and he brought in donuts a couple of other times. Meanwhile, those in the department that work closely with Luka see him everyday for who is, which is a lazy employee who keeps doing the same mistakes over and over, a malcontent, self centered, and en led employee. The leader in the department does not want to put Luka in front of the company because they don’t deserve to be rewarded or fear embarrassment of a serious screw up. Those in the department aren’t surprised when Luka is let go, but others outside may wonder “what happened to Luka? He showed promise and management didn’t see it. It’s so unfair.”
    Different way of putting it but spot on imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple and to the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the guy had any motor whatsoever. I mean this is a league where Lonnie Walker is making $6.3 million this year.
    you acknowledge that livio got a big injury? the concensus is that he was a raw athlete who might not have panned out, bust post injury it was futile. Lots of people cite this as a bust, but it's not clear they know the history. livio also wasn't a lottery pick.
    Right
    I think you have to take a more nuanced view when looking at Draft Picks. For example who was drafted after them
    Livio was athletic, had length and was very active player.
    He was also a 28th pick.
    Looking at who was drafted after Livio- the player with the most minutes played was Allen Crabbe and the player with the most Win Shares was Mike Muscala

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and comprehension. I said Pop didn't give him the same shot he did Primo which is a factual statement. I also said it was unlikely he ever amounted to much in the league given his motor is his major issue but sometimes confidence players can surprise you. Well never know. Uriel had a great reply above. Read it.
    appearance wise, pop didn't give luka the same opportunity but none of us ST posters have access to practices or off-season info. luka had two seasons before the arrival of primo and was gone before primo started the season. i'd argue that while luka's confidence could have been an issue but it may have very well been his overconfidence and not one that was impacted by pop.

great avatar, btw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow we sure do have lofty expectations for the most incompetent front office in the land; is it really an L when history supports this pick not panning out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    appearance wise, pop didn't give luka the same opportunity but none of us ST posters have access to practices or off-season info. luka had two seasons before the arrival of primo and was gone before primo started the season. i'd argue that while luka's confidence could have been an issue but it may have very well been his overconfidence and not one that was impacted by pop.

great avatar, btw.
    Luka was lazy & heartless as from what I saw……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

great avatar, btw.
    All you need to do is go back on YouTube and watch Austin games from 19-20. He was dogging it on defense, especially transition, almost from the get go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livio could run and jump. That's was the extent of his advancement. Didn't look the part in the summer league stints, etc. Just my hot take.

Just never liked the pic even though it was late first round

Thread Information