Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    also SeaWorld in San Diego is an underrated spot. of course, killer whales have become a controversial attraction. park would still be quite great without them

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    dont know when i'd ever be in or around ohio to make plans for a cedar point trip, but that definitely sounds like my cup of tea. not sure its best for little kids though. when i was young i was pretty intimidated by magic mountain. sure they had the kids Bugs Bunny world, but that was fairly small. and you do have the generic log ride. colossus was always basically a training wheels roller coaster. havent been there for years though so they do probably have some new stuff or rides that have been replaced (just saw colossus was completely redone)

best rides i can recall were X2 (previously X), Goliath, Deja Vu, Tatsu.

mid tier was batman, riddlers revenge, scream

could be forgetting a few. very fond memories of magic mountain, would love to go back when i'm back in LA
    Riddler's Revenge hurt my balls riding it. X2 is freaking great when they take you up that climb backwards and then flip you over.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I still don't understand how "Fast Passes" work. I know it's an extra expense but they all still seem relatively cheap given that you can ride more rides and you've already committed to spending a ton of money at any of these places. I'm shocked that there isn't so much demand where the price is crazy. But for an extra $20-$30 bucks, I'm always up for that.
    Are they an extra expense now? They used to be free at Disney. I haven't been since COVID, so maybe that has changed. You basically reserve your block of time for whatever attraction through the app, then get in the fast pass line at that time. So you'll wait in line maybe 15 minutes instead of 2 hours. The trick is that you can reserve three rides at the start of the day, then only one ride at a time after that. Disney has a really good app though. It gives you directions, wait times, prices, etc. It makes it super easy to plan your day out in real time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Are they an extra expense now? They used to be free at Disney. I haven't been since COVID, so maybe that has changed. You basically reserve your block of time for whatever attraction through the app, then get in the fast pass line at that time. So you'll wait in line maybe 15 minutes instead of 2 hours. The trick is that you can reserve three rides at the start of the day, then only one ride at a time after that. Disney has a really good app though. It gives you directions, wait times, prices, etc. It makes it super easy to plan your day out in real time.
    Can you still reserve old people on scooters? My family took my grandmother with us and rented her a scooter and we never waited in line for anything but the ter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can you still reserve old people on scooters? My family took my grandmother with us and rented her a scooter and we never waited in line for anything but the ter.
    Don't know about reserving, but they may just let you on. We did the same at Six Flags with my grandmother in a wheelchair many years ago. They just allowed our entire group to go onto each ride through the exit, bypassing any lines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1500 on beers around the world for 4 of us.. lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    also SeaWorld in San Diego is an underrated spot. of course, killer whales have become a controversial attraction. park would still be quite great without them
    SeaWorld has a few decent thrill rides now too. I purchased a pass last Fall and have been planning to take my folks soon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I still don't understand how "Fast Passes" work. I know it's an extra expense but they all still seem relatively cheap given that you can ride more rides and you've already committed to spending a ton of money at any of these places. I'm shocked that there isn't so much demand where the price is crazy. But for an extra $20-$30 bucks, I'm always up for that.
    I think the best/most popular rides aren't Fast Pass eligible.

But quick research reveals FastPass no longer exists. Replaced by a couple other options. With different rules like you can only use for 1 ride per 90 minutes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

But quick research reveals FastPass no longer exists. Replaced by a couple other options. With different rules like you can only use for 1 ride per 90 minutes.
    I figured something must've changed since the pandemic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Disney World sucks fat .. legit could have had more fun flushing 600 bucks.

All the rides were 2 hours+ on a Thursday when the locals were still in school. The best ride we were able to get on was the piece of animatronic Little Mermaid ride, which also sucks. The highlight of my trip there was walking out of that mf..

.. and to top it off I caught the COVID there before we knew it was stateside

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Imagine cheap shotting people at such a place. Should have heavy charges levied for instigating with assault.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Always the same crowd brawling in just about every instance.

brawling on flights, cruise ships and Disney.
    Eternally triggered.
    Any hill is a good hill to die on.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'll ask him when he gets back from daycare.
    Daycare rots out kids' brains in the worst ways.

Indoctrination starts as soon as he comes out the womb.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    yeah, seeing them once in a lifetime or two is fine, but you get the most bang for your buck when you ride roller coasters / thrill rides and see less shows.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Just Magic Kingdom? There's some cool stuff in the other parks. The biggest problem tbh is dealing with the heat and the crowds. You're much better off going during an off season if that's an option, not mid-summer. But yes they are 90% for kids. You know that going in.
    what's an "off season" to you? Like March-May or Sep-Nov? Because Disney is just as busy with snowbirds in winter as it is with literally everyone including locals in summer.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

that's re ed

At least the Cedar Fair parks still have fast lane passes. Unlimited. But they're expensive for the day passes and if you get rainout you're ed, and you can only buy the year long ($899.99) season fast lane passes up until January 15th even though the parks don't open until ing May

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Lol 20-30 bucks. It's $120 a person per day for fast lane unlimited (one-day) passes and $109 per person if you already have an active season pass. At least at all the Cedar Fair chain parks. Not sure about Six Flags.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    dont know when i'd ever be in or around ohio to make plans for a cedar point trip, but that definitely sounds like my cup of tea. not sure its best for little kids though. when i was young i was pretty intimidated by magic mountain. sure they had the kids Bugs Bunny world, but that was fairly small. and you do have the generic log ride. colossus was always basically a training wheels roller coaster. havent been there for years though so they do probably have some new stuff or rides that have been replaced (just saw colossus was completely redone)

best rides i can recall were X2 (previously X), Goliath, Deja Vu, Tatsu.

mid tier was batman, riddlers revenge, scream

could be forgetting a few. very fond memories of magic mountain, would love to go back when i'm back in LA
    Cedar Point is definitely worth it. There are plenty of kiddie rides, but for adults there are several bucket list rides at Cedar Point alone plus the triple Lake Erie view is amazing, even from slower tall rides right on the lake such as the ferris wheel and the wind seeker. You absolutely have to do Millennium Force, Steel Vengeance, the Maverick and I'd even argue the Gatekeeper.

Also hoping the Top Thrill Dragster opens back up next year. It was a very short but very thrilling hyper coaster but the park got sued when some lady got hit in the brain by a piece of metal that fell off of it last year... so they closed it this year for repairs, hope it's not permanent

The only thing that sucks ass about Cedar Point is their bags-in-line policy and other red tape, especially on rides such as Steel Vengeance. You have to put EVERYTHING in a locker

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    white supremacists managed to racebait in a Disney thread. Wow!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what's an "off season" to you? Like March-May or Sep-Nov? Because Disney is just as busy with snowbirds in winter as it is with literally everyone including locals in summer.
    Disney is always busy, yes. But the rule of thumb (if possible) is to avoid the summer break, spring break, and all major holidays. Basically if kids are supposed to be out of school, the place is miserable. Christmas for example, Disney Parks will close their gate to guests due to capacity issues.

I've been in April and September and the crowds were plenty manageable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I know Disney World is bigger than DisneyLand in California but 95% of the time I hear of something controversial occurring it's Florida

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Imagine cheap shotting people at such a place. Should have heavy charges levied for instigating with assault.
    Imagine cheap shotting somebody and not affecting them one bit lol

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Disney is always busy, yes. But the rule of thumb (if possible) is to avoid the summer break, spring break, and all major holidays. Basically if kids are supposed to be out of school, the place is miserable. Christmas for example, Disney Parks will close their gate to guests due to capacity issues.

I've been in April and September and the crowds were plenty manageable.
    yep, April and September seem like good months. Probably first half of May too, but that's when the heat starts getting really oppressive. October would be a good month too but it's probably backed up even despite being in the heart of fall school semester because of all the haunted house stuff. March obviously has spring break. January-February isn't holiday season but it's the peak of snowbird season, though it still might be the best time of year in general to visit Florida

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yep, April and September seem like good months. Probably first half of May too, but that's when the heat starts getting really oppressive. October would be a good month too but it's probably backed up even despite being in the heart of fall school semester because of all the haunted house stuff. March obviously has spring break. January-February isn't holiday season but it's the peak of snowbird season, though it still might be the best time of year in general to visit Florida
    I went one time on Halloween week and while it was more pleasant than summertime, it was pretty busy.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I went one time on Halloween week and while it was more pleasant than summertime, it was pretty busy.
    yeah, October is a busy month despite being a peak school month, simply because of all the halloween stuff

March is spring break and the thing about spring break is... different school districts across the USA have different spring break weeks scattered throughout March. So Florida is typically flooded throughout the month with spring breakers from all 47 other CONUS states (+ DC).

January and February are obviously the most pleasant months to visit Florida. Dry season due to the peak of the high westerly wind shear and general high pressure over the area in wintertime. Crisp and cooler air. Never cold, but sunny, crisp, and not muggy. This attracts a lot of the older visitors and other people that don't have school age children, like young childless couples, singles, slackers etc.

Summer is both oppressively hot and humid as well as oppressively crowded. Avoid Florida in summer, go to Cedar Point or Kings Island or something. Visit some national parks out west. Do anything anywhere that's not in the U.S. Southeast, including of course Florida. June, July, August.

September is probably not too busy but you're still at the tail end of monsoon season and it's also a peak month of hurricane season.

First half of May is generally okay traffic wise because school isn't quite out yet but the mugginess in Florida typically comes back with a vengeance by then

First half of November before Thanksgiving week is also probably a good time to visit Florida. Hurricane season over, monsoon season over, air is cooler and crisper, more westerlies, humidity lower, more manageable conditions in Florida. Shouldn't be super busy because Halloween haunt season is also over. Come to think about it that might be the best time of year overall... the little window of November between Halloween and the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Thread Information