Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. I would think all these GM's talk to each other all the time and each one know who can do and is willing to do what except for those major deals that require quite a bit of negotiations.

Teams just aren't sitting in the dark waiting to see a light.
    They are all actively trying to find the strip that lights the match and have ideas how and who can do it.

Of course unforeseen things happen, just look at the Nets, but for the most part communication is open between teams and sometimes all it takes is the clock ticking down.
    Bingo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a mistake to focus on LAL. We know they aren't going to be able to pay more than an unprotected first for Westbrook, seeing as they still have to pay the team they're getting the player from. There's pretty much more good reason to believe that saving all of their cap space for that trade is the best use. They could easily sign Sexton, take on a smaller bad-money deal for a first (likely protected but probably likely to convey) and still get future assets for Richardson and the other vets. They could get two or three firsts while still signing Sexton if they played their cards right. From what timvp said, the Spurs are likely willing to trade Poeltl AND take Westbrook for an unprotected pick. That's ridiculous, and it certainly isn't something I would consider better than locking in a young player who played well in a manageable contract with lots of option value. It's not even clear that the Spurs need to keep all of their cap space to take back Westbrook. The Spurs have a lot of good salary they can send out in a deal. Especially with them not being subject to aggregation rules, they could facilitate a Westbrook trade after doing any number of deals. Trying to define your off-season through a chicken match with another team is absurd.
    Unless you completely ignore advanced stats, Sexton is ing trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you completely ignore advanced stats, Sexton is ing trash.
    I have to say I'm not a fan of a selfish, aggressive Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys have gotten used to / lucky in turning it on when it counts. LBJ should be allowed to coast to be pkayoff ready but AD just hasn’t been their mentally or physically. If he is mentally and physically ready he is a top 5-10 talent no doubt and should be in MVP conversation while carrying the Lakers.
    LaMarcus Aldridge > AD

I've been saying this for years. AD can't carry a team to the playoffs by himself. Prime LMA was doing that on the regular

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say I'm not a fan of a selfish, aggressive Bryn Forbes.
    I performed a little thought exercise today, and went to bbref and did a player compare between Sexton and Tre Jones. Kinda eye opening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. I would think all these GM's talk to each other all the time and each one know who can do and is willing to do what except for those major deals that require quite a bit of negotiations.

Teams just aren't sitting in the dark waiting to see a light.
    They are all actively trying to find the strip that lights the match and have ideas how and who can do it.

Of course unforeseen things happen, just look at the Nets, but for the most part communication is open between teams and sometimes all it takes is the clock ticking down.
    Disagree. Information is not free. Lines of communication are not fluid across the board. This is strategy. This is relationships that are built over years. This is big business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bo Cruz is a Raptor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Information is not free. Lines of communication are not fluid across the board. This is strategy. This is relationships that are built over years. This is big business.
    I do agree with you.
    There is gamesmanship and secrets not divulged, but there is an open line of communication.

Like I said, it certainly is not like teams operate completely in the dark.
    They are all talking to each other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't want to close any doors before you have to, and we can wait out LA, and not lose other opportunities. LA likely doesn't want to go into training camp with this hanging over their heads. You just can't rush it when an unprotected FRP is up for grabs. Phoenix OTOH is in no hurry. Their goal is $15M off the cap figure before the Feb trade deadline so they stay out of the tax. There will also be other teams lining up around that time who look to not be making the playoffs.
    Don't think the Lakers is going anywhere with WB deal. They would not want to trade him away alone as they would still be over cap to get help and they don't have asset to get rid of him and get decent help in the same trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge > AD

I've been saying this for years. AD can't carry a team to the playoffs by himself. Prime LMA was doing that on the regular

I've said that for years. Although I think AD is a tad tiny, bit better. The only reason why i would trade LA for AD straight up was due to age. Other than that, they were essentially the same talent. And looks like AD is falling off. People didn't call out AD stinking it up last season. Lakers poor season wasn't just because of Westbrook. AD forgot how to shoot but kept jacking up shots. And his D has fallen way down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think the Lakers is going anywhere with WB deal. They would not want to trade him away alone as they would still be over cap to get help and they don't have asset to get rid of him and get decent help in the same trade.
    The assumption from the beginning has always been a 3 way trade, with Kyrie going to LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge > AD

Results without context. Davis did carry the Pelicans to the playoffs multiple times despite the team being perennially decimated by injury and mostly being mediocre or worse at the best of times, while Aldridge mostly got to play with Roy, Lillard and S bag throughout his prime.

Aldridge's back to the basket style and superior durability made him a more ideal offensive hub, but there's no credible argument for him having been the better player.

I've said that for years. Although I think AD is a tad tiny, bit better. The only reason why i would trade LA for AD straight up was due to age. Other than that, they were essentially the same talent. And looks like AD is falling off. People didn't call out AD stinking it up last season. Lakers poor season wasn't just because of Westbrook. AD forgot how to shoot but kept jacking up shots. And his D has fallen way down.
    Davis was and is clearly a superior talent, a superstar to Aldridge's star.

That's just not true. Davis' reputation has taken a beating the past two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely people don’t actually believe Aldridge > AD The only advantage Aldridge has is being healthier…from a talent perspective there’s no debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like happy gilmore's unicorn landed in toronto.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-One-Year-Deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The assumption from the beginning has always been a 3 way trade, with Kyrie going to LA.
    Other than Lakers and their fans, no one believed it will happen as they do not have the assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than Lakers and their fans, no one believed it will happen as they do not have the assets.
    I don't think BKN is looking for all that much for Kyrie, PITA and ending contract that he is. The payoff they're looking for is for Durant. There was actually a little buzz at the beginning of FA that they might waive or stretch him. I didn't buy that, but I don't think they're looking for a ton of assets to get off his contract.

They have 2 tradeable FRPs (2027,2029) and a possible swap (2028) within their 2029 window of tradeable picks, and I'm guessing if they send us one unprotected FRP with Russ, and BKN the other unprotected FRP, plus an unprotected swap, it could get done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like happy gilmore's unicorn landed in toronto.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-One-Year-Deal
    What’s kind of ironic is Adam Sandler has been living in Yorkville an upscale downtown neighbourhood in TO all summer. Probs filming a movie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think BKN is looking for all that much for Kyrie, PITA and ending contract that he is. The payoff they're looking for is for Durant. There was actually a little buzz at the beginning of FA that they might waive or stretch him. I didn't buy that, but I don't think they're looking for a ton of assets to get off his contract.

They have 2 tradeable FRPs (2027,2029) and a possible swap (2028) within their 2029 window of tradeable picks, and I'm guessing if they send us one unprotected FRP with Russ, and BKN the other unprotected FRP, plus an unprotected swap, it could get done.
    If the Spurs are going to eat RW's contract for just one FRP I'd sure like to unload McDermott and maybe Langford in the process. I believe that the Lakers can take back almost $60 million sending out Westbrick. So the Lakers could take Kyrie, McD and Langford. That would set the Spurs up with massive cap space next year. Maybe enough to 2 max contracts. I think it might be easier to get 2 guys that want to play together to come to SA rather than just one prime FA coming to save the franchise...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they did unload McD and Langford for WB they would still have some cap space. They could still probably make some small moves and have enough space left to take Saric from the Suns for a FRP.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers wont take back Doug because they'll have cap space next summer. They could take back Langford and Richardson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Results without context. Davis did carry the Pelicans to the playoffs multiple times despite the team being perennially decimated by injury and mostly being mediocre or worse at the best of times, while Aldridge mostly got to play with Roy, Lillard and S bag throughout his prime.

Aldridge's back to the basket style and superior durability made him a more ideal offensive hub, but there's no credible argument for him having been the better player.

Davis was and is clearly a superior talent, a superstar to Aldridge's star.

That's just not true. Davis' reputation has taken a beating the past two seasons.
    your dumbass forgot he played with Jrue Holiday who made the All-Star team a couple of times huh? Eric Gordon? Prime Boogie Cousins? AD missed the playoffs more often than he made them, he only got to the playoffs 4 times total with NOLA including his rookie season where he was their 4th best player so cut the crap. You could always establish Aldridge as an first option offensively and he will get you to the first round. Let's not act like Aldridge didn't carry the 2018 Spurs to the playoffs and the 2019 squad with DeRozan wasn't much better.

Surely people don’t actually believe Aldridge > AD The only advantage Aldridge has is being healthier…from a talent perspective there’s no debate.
    like being healthy or made out of glass doesn't play a factor AD played a booming 76 games in 2 seasons

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge > AD

AD never had a Damien Lillard or a Brandon Roy to play with either.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think AD is even more mentally fragile than LMA. Or maybe just a weed. He sure did over NO. AD is definitely overrated. But hard to compare them for me. Both are nebulous players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your dumbass forgot he played with Jrue Holiday who made the All-Star team a couple of times huh? Eric Gordon? Prime Boogie Cousins? AD missed the playoffs more often than he made them, he only got to the playoffs 4 times total with NOLA including his rookie season where he was their 4th best player so cut the crap. You could always establish Aldridge as an first option offensively and he will get you to the first round. Let's not act like Aldridge didn't carry the 2018 Spurs to the playoffs and the 2019 squad with DeRozan wasn't much better.

like being healthy or made out of glass doesn't play a factor AD played a booming 76 games in 2 seasons
    The guy claiming Aldridge was better than Davis has the audacity to call someone else a "dumbass". Some of you people are so ignorant it's unbelievable. Go to virtually any basketball forum on the internet (social media, message board, whatever), particularly non Spurs centric ones, say something that stupid and see what the response will be.

Holiday has made one All-Star team in his career, in '13 as 76er. The teams with him and the others you named were, as I said, perennially decimated by injury, in a loaded conference no less.

At comparing those players to the likes of Roy, Lillard, S bag. Only Cousins had a similar talent level, but came with baggage and played a whole 65 games for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge also led the 2011 Blazers when Roy was out most of the year. His second best teammate was like Wes Matthews or Andre Miller. I've criticized LMA a lot, but it's not like he was carried on every single year his team was successful.

Thread Information