Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By this logic Rod Strickland, Stephan Maurbury, and Steve Francis should all be in the HoF just because they were flashy one on one players. throw Sebastian Telfair in there while your at it Gilbert!

Bottom line is you gotta have big balls to get to the HoF. That or have a high scoring average which is the only reason Harden, Melo, and that archetype of empty calorie “star” will get in.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure who you're disagreeing with but that wasn't ducks' take, it was copypasta from some sports website.
    him anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By this logic Rod Strickland, Stephan Maurbury, and Steve Francis should all be in the HoF just because they were flashy one on one players. throw Sebastian Telfair in there while your at it Gilbert!

Bottom line is you gotta have big balls to get to the HoF. That or have a high scoring average which is the only reason Harden, Melo, and that archetype of empty calorie “star” will get in.

Stephon Marbury.

Point Gods on Showtime just aired. I’m blown away how 75% of this forum has no respect, love, knowledge of the game and definitely were never athletes but still think they know something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha, Lefty called it, got him mixed up with Plaxico

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha, Lefty called it, got him mixed up with Plaxico
    Cheddar Bob ass

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a flying what ducks and rascal think about anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like comparing Jordan (Manu) vs Morant (Arenas)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu Ginobili was one of the most exciting and compe ive players to ever play the game. Top 5 on the Spurs for sure. Gervin, Alvin Robertson, David Robinson, Duncan and Ginobili (In no specific order). All the comparisons of best 6 man stuff is really insulting. I NEVER thought of Manu as a 6th man. The guy could have easily started for any team in the league (maybe should have) - including the Spurs. How many of those dudes he's compared to were on the floor at the end of the game? Probably none. He wasn't just a scorer, he was a playmaker and a winner.

I'd take Manu over a bunch of dudes who started for their teams. D Wade, Michael Finley, James Harden, Westbrook, Kobe, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, all those dudes. Manu was a beast.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the heck are they winning in '05 when Manu was the Spurs best player during that entire playoffs run and they needed every bit of him to outlast the Pistons in 7?

Swap Manu and Crawford in 2005 and the Pistons beat the Spurs in 5 like they did with Kobe and the Lakers the previous year.
    No they don't Duncan was too good.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu Ginobili was one of the most exciting and compe ive players to ever play the game. Top 5 on the Spurs for sure. Gervin, Alvin Robertson, David Robinson, Duncan and Ginobili (In no specific order). All the comparisons of best 6 man stuff is really insulting. I NEVER thought of Manu as a 6th man. The guy could have easily started for any team in the league (maybe should have) - including the Spurs. How many of those dudes he's compared to were on the floor at the end of the game? Probably none. He wasn't just a scorer, he was a playmaker and a winner.

I'd take Manu over a bunch of dudes who started for their teams. D Wade, Michael Finley, James Harden, Westbrook, Kobe, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, all those dudes. Manu was a beast.
    Wade, Kobe and Curry are clearly better only a homer spur's fan thinks differently. Manu could never be the main top guy on a top NBA team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Gilbert's remarks about Manu on his recent podcast, I thought it would be appropriate to make this thread.

I take Manu over Crawford one on one. Manu was by far the better defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade, Kobe and Curry are clearly better only a homer spur's fan thinks differently. Manu could never be the main top guy on a top NBA team.
    Homer? Nah, I've got eyes. His career may not have lasted as long if he was the main guy, but his stats would've been other level or at the very least on par with those dudes. Curry's the better 3 point shooter, that's it. Kobe was selfish as and Wade was always just meh to me. Too small, way too often out of shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take Manu over Crawford one on one. Manu was by far the better defender.
    Gilbert Arenas' remarks are as stupid as it gets and that's saying something. Dude is on the same panel with JR Smith. Hey Gilbert, who are you taking? A USA team featuring: Tim Duncan, Lebron James, DWade, Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, Amare Stoudamire or the one with Manu Ginobili and no other Hall of Famers ? Just stupid. Manu was an Alpha. A killer on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd say marbury is a HoF candidate for what he did for basketball in china moreso than his NBA career

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say marbury is a HoF candidate for what he did for basketball in china moreso than his NBA career
    Was his China career that good? Why did he move over to China anyway? Did no NBA teams want him at that stage?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arenas, Crawford, etc. are like those playground basketball 'stars', who like to discuss and boast how they're better than the pros.

Until an actual pro comes and wipes the floor with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd take Manu over a bunch of dudes who started for their teams. D Wade, , Kobe, Paul Pierce, Steph Curry, all those dudes. Manu was a beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both better than Parker ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu could never be the main top guy on a top NBA team.
    That's such a dumb, lazy opinion. DeRozan was the "main top guy" on a 60 wins team in the NBA. Chauncey Billups was the "main top guy" on a champion. Manu would have easily been a succesful franchise player if given the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what I know Manu has been widely recognized as one of the top 5 SGs of all time at the end of his prime

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what I know Manu has been widely recognized as one of the top 5 SGs of all time at the end of his prime
    Where is he top 5 regarded? Jordan, Kobe, Gervin, Jerry West, Curry all better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is he top 5 regarded? Jordan, Kobe, Gervin, Jerry West, Curry all better
    Jordan and Kobe are a different tier.

I’d argue Ginobilli is at the upper echelon in the next tier of guys like D Wade, Clyde Drexler, Vince, TMac, Gervin, Ray Allen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephon Marbury.

Point Gods on Showtime just aired. I’m blown away how 75% of this forum has no respect, love, knowledge of the game and definitely were never athletes but still think they know something.
    I didn't have to be captain of my HS's basketball varsity team to understand that the type of ball played in the NYC cages wasn't NBA champion level ball. Those shimmies and crossovers do look cool, though, so there is that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should be surprised by this or entertaining it as a legitimate debate.

Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili and Parker, will always be disrespected by and underrated to the majority of inner city Black Americans, who don't view them or their style as "black enough".

Put Manu on those mid 2000's SSOL Suns and he's Harden before Harden, but being a better leader, more clutch and playing defense.
    You always got to go overboard. Harden is one of the greatest regular season offensive players in history and combined an sustained efficiency and mpg/usage load for about a decade that Ginobili and most players almost certainly couldn't have.

Harden is not an empty calorie star.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-01-2022 at 06:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was his China career that good? Why did he move over to China anyway? Did no NBA teams want him at that stage?
    It's more about cultural influence and the redemption journey

Thread Information