Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooner or later, some trimming of the heard is going to be needed.

Won’t be able to justify starting Lonnie over Vassel at this rate, and the Murray/White starting together thing just doesn’t seem to work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best starting unit at this point is probably White-Vassell-Keldon-McD-Yak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough is being said about the roster camp battles. I am not liking Drew to be the second big. He lacks in rim protection. Jakob was missed tonight and Drew starting was the reason. I hadn’t considered him in danger because he’s a notoriously compe ive guy, but Jock is probably a better rim protector and that’s the most important skill centers provide, in addition to defensive rebounding.

I missed some of Lukas minutes due to a bad stream but he lacks physicality in the paint, specially blocking out other bigs from OBoards. Defense is not just one on one and lateral moves. I don’t think it’s all decided, and it’s a good sign he’s getting minutes, but I am not sure he’s helped his case.

KBD seemed like he has a hamstring injury? That’s unfortunate if true.

Edit: To add that aside from the roster battles, Lonnies extension is pending. He was pretty bad in this game, and hasn’t been making a great case for it.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 10-09-2021 at 12:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still deciding if I should renew my league pass

I’d just trade the whole SL for Simmons. Come on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it DeMarre Young or Thad Carroll?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Admittedly feeling pessimistic, but I’m not sold on any of our players right now as anyone to build around, nor whatever approach the team has taken. Not rebuilding but striving to be a 34-win team? Pop has some work to do. We will lose a lot of games this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got done watching the replay. Random thoughts:

Forbes’ is a great shooter and I don’t have an issue if he clocks in 20+ mins a game (especially if Lonnie continues this level of play).
    However, he can’t be played down the closing stretch of any game. He can’t playmake, rebound, defend at a competent level. Negates all advantages he brings on the other end.

Samanic didn’t have a great start to the game but I’m still rooting for him to be a part of the rotation. I don’t like playing him at the 5 in fact that leads me to another issue…

Do we really need to play everyone out of position with these rotations?

As of now - DJ, DW, KJ, McDermott, Poeltl as your starters. Vassell, Samanic as key reserves. Then by game minutes allocated between
    Lonnie and Bryn, Jock and Drew.

Want Primo to get all the reps he can handle in the G league atm playing the 1 and 2. Best for the team long term.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Who is this Max Strus guy that put up 28 pts against the Spurs tonight? It seems like I remember someone saying that the Spurs should have a contract waiting for him if he goes undrafted. But who? Who said that?

Heh... must have been someone with god-like abilities. Unlike Spurs' management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need at least three of their young guns to play well/excel for them to have 0.500 season

Not one of White/Walker/Murray/Johnson put together a complete game so far in the preseason, it's gonna have to change or they'll be losing a lot this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep saying, Murray/White backcourt has not work. Time to bench one or trade one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For everyone rooting for the tank it looks like ya’ll got your wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for anybody watching these games. I'd be surprised if they manage to win more than 20 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think Poetl should be traded if possible for draft assets. This team is going nowhere and it appears you have 2 serviceable centers to run the treadmill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't offer Walker an extension. It'd be a big mistake. He keep making the same mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought trading away DDR was addition by subtraction?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought trading away DDR was addition by subtraction?
    It’s not like spurs were world beaters with him… couldn’t even get .500 ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't offer Walker an extension. It'd be a big mistake. He keep making the same mistakes.
    Agree. And I’m hoping reason we haven’t heard anything about him and Luka is that the Spurs see writing on wall. Or at least they’ll let the market dictate his price next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was an abysmal performance against a bunch of b team scrubs. Gotta think we’re going to lose a lot of games this year. I’m most concerned that D White can’t seem to put the ball in the basket. He has to shoot well for the expected starting lineup to work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the boo birds will still come out complaining all season about how our young players (who everyone wanted to play) are so inept and how Pop is screwing up every rotation and Forbes exists as a human being (fvck!).

Like...this is what losing looks like, and you don't get a top draft pick without a lot of losing.

Not saying I've given up on this crew yet...it's still preseason with a lot to be determined. But yeah, I won't at all be surprised if we finish in the bottom 10, either.

TBH, my biggest concerns right now are the lackluster play from White, Walker, and to a lesser extent Samanic. The former two we should have higher expectations for, whereas I've pretty much already sold my stock on the latter. Either way, we aren't going to win a lot of games if those three continue playing like they have in the preseason, and the compe ion is only going to get harder.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-09-2021 at 09:21 AM.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bad combinations imo...

One thing that I do like is that in these two losses they have taken a hit and made a comeback so to speak. They have a lot of heart and I think that was something that was sorely missing the last few years.They really just need someone who can stop the bleeding at times. Someone who can create their own shot, and make it though... I don't think this team is as far off as most suggest or imply, they just really need someone who can take the pressure off whenever needed. I think that guy is Josh if he's ready. He has the potential to be that. But at the same time we have too much depth at youth so to speak and it would be nice to package some for ready contributors. You just don't do that unless you know what you have. Why is why I think, I'd like to see Josh get a starting two spot with Murray, KJ, McD, and Poetl or Landale. That's what I said since the beginning. This lineup should theoretically have all the ingredients for success supposing the bread has rested long enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the boo birds will still come out complaining all season about how our young players (who everyone wanted to play) are so inept and how Pop is screwing up every rotation and Forbes exists as a human being (fvck!).

Like...this is what losing looks like, and you don't get a top draft pick without a lot of losing.

Not saying I've given up on this crew yet...it's still preseason with a lot to be determined. But yeah, I won't at all be surprised if we finish in the bottom 10, either.

TBH, my biggest concerns right now are the lackluster play from White, Walker, and to a lesser extent Samanic. The former two we should have higher expectations for, whereas I've pretty much already sold my stock on the latter. Either way, we aren't going to win a lot of games if those three continue playing like they have in the preseason, and the compe ion is only going to get harder.
    I’ve definitely rooted for the tank so no complaints from me here. I have acknowledged before that without Demar, they would be a lot worse, but him still being here wasn’t a good thing either. We’re really getting to see what guys have star potential and so far, yeah it’s ugly. No one looks like they can have star potential. It’s why Forbes went from the 9th man on a championship team to the 50 Mills role on the Spurs. It has potential to be really ugly but I also like having no expectations this year. I hope they can be a surprise for your sake though lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve definitely rooted for the tank so no complaints from me here. I have acknowledged before that without Demar, they would be a lot worse, but him still being here wasn’t a good thing either. We’re really getting to see what guys have star potential and so far, yeah it’s ugly. No one looks like they can have star potential. It’s why Forbes went from the 9th man on a championship team to the 50 Mills role on the Spurs. It has potential to be really ugly but I also like having no expectations this year. I hope they can be a surprise for your sake though lol
    I'm with you, ttm. And I've never counted you as one of the boo birds, you always have reasonable takes even if it's not what everyone wants to hear.

I said it another thread...this team could win 15 games or it could win 50, and I'm not going to get too up or down about it either way. It will be an interesting season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs declined offers for a single protected first draft pick for each of one of White and Murray. That may not be a great offer but benching them will look worse if you want to swing a trade. Now the Spurs will live and die with White and Murray, best Pop can do is stagger them.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 10-09-2021 at 11:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to blame Pop, but his over reliance on the vets is now biting his ass. I know it’s just 3 games of the Pre-Season, but our guys just look so inexperienced out there. And any signs of mistakes, he pulls them out. I mean 15 minutes for Luka and 25 mins for Bryn? If we’re going to lose, I rather we lose with Primo, Luka, Lonnie playing heavy minutes. I know Lonnie played heavy minutes last night, but hopefully he doesn’t get benched next game. Let them grow from their mistakes

Thread Information