Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1) Brady - he's still the GOAT, another five touchdown performance... his only mediocre game was @ Belichick and they still won.

2) Rodgers - he still has it. Until proven otherwise he will find a way to win all the close games and is still extremely clutch.

3) Allen - I would say the current leading candidate for MVP. Juggernaut. If Buffalo hadn't crapped the bed in week 1, we'd be talking 20-0

4) Prescott - he's become one of the great ones pretty rapidly. Obvious front runner for CBPOTY and also an MVP candidate.

5) Stafford - he does a brilliant job of finding the right guy in the zones, even under pressure. The throws aren't always perfect, but the decisions are. With NFL receivers on the team, that leads to big numbers.

6) Herbert - just an excellent decision maker and extremely clutch; wins close games, flipping the script from the Rivers era. Clipper Nation should appreciate him. They should move back to SD, where fans still love them, but making that drive to Inglewood is painful, giving them the worst home field advantage in the league right now.

7) Mahomes - demoted from Top 5 because he just isn't Top Tier anymore, it's plain to see. The Super Bowl hangover is real. KC might actually miss the playoffs this year if they aren't careful, and QB1 will really be exposed when they start losing core guys like Hill and Kelce to age and decline.

8) Jackson - still the best of his kind (run first QB) the league has ever seen, Ravens still winning despite meh defense

9) Murray - super fun to watch, but they have a stacked team, especially at WR and defense. Kyler is still erratic at times with decision making and misses guys.

10) Wilson* - could be generous, we'll see about him after the injury. He's definitely lost the improv game, which made him unique and Top Tier for many years. If the deep ball isn't there, Seattle's offense suffers. Either he gets sacked, checks it down or throws it away.

Honorable mention - Derek Carr - could take Russell Wilson's spot soon. Looked bad against the Bears but the Bears make a lot of offenses look bad.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 10-11-2021 at 11:31 AM.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Heading into the 2023/2024 season:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Burrow

4-Hurts
    5-Lamar
    6-Herbert
    7-Lawrence

8- Rodgers

Those are clear, imho. For 9 and 10 I really don't know. Tua, Watson, Stafford, Dak. Probably 2 of those.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Heading into the 2023/2024 season:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Burrow

4-Hurts
    5-Lamar
    6-Herbert
    7-Lawrence

8- Rodgers

Those are clear, imho. For 9 and 10 I really don't know. Tua, Watson, Stafford, Dak. Probably 2 of those.
    wow, you dug up the worst of my QB lists for some odd reason

But, on a serious note:

1) Mahomes - it's not even close at this point. RIP GOAT Tom Brady. Brady - 7, Mahomes - 2 and very much counting. Mahomes is currently the #1 active athlete in sports.

2) Burrow - Beat out Allen head to head on the big stage on the road, and he's overall a better and more complete QB than Allen. If Allen can't run, he falls out of the top 10.

3) Rodgers - don't discount this man. He had a down year in 2022, but wherever he goes will be a SB contender and he will look very much more like the four-time MVP with a better system and scheme.

4) Hurts - hard to not put him here near the top of the NFL after the consistency he showed all season including a fantastic MVP-caliber Super Bowl performance. But like Allen he drops down big time if he loses the ability to run.

5) Allen - I trash on him all the time but he's got the second best arm in football after Mahomes and he's just incredible with his legs. However his awareness is often poor in critical situations, and he will eventually get injured considering he doesn't protect himself when he runs.

6) Lawrence - Superstar quarterback with a bad supporting cast but he carried them as far as they went last year (to the divisional round). Good head coach but the rest of the team needs a lot of help. He proved his hype and his worth in the second half of the 2022 season, but he plays for one of the lousiest run franchises in sports.

7) Herbert - Lost to Lawrence head to head and it was one of the most epic chokejobs in NFL playoff history. Still he's a top-3 arm talent along with Mahomes and Allen with Burrow close behind, and has athleticism for country miles.

8) Goff - Arguably was the most improved player in all of football and maybe even sports in 2022. The Lions were lowkey a playoff caliber team if their defense hadn't completely stunk up the first half of the season. Their coach is a Mike Tomlin style dawg and should have a long career. Detroit should make the playoffs in 2023 barring serious setbacks.

9) Stafford - I'm still putting him here for now, but he has a lot to prove coming off a lost season. Their offensive line was terrible, so hopefully they can restock there, but their draft capital situation is absolutely abysmal.

10) Cousins - I'm putting him over the next batch (Prescott is probably #11, then you have guys like Tagovailoa, Jackson, Murray, Watson, Danny Jones etc) because he's the most proven product and least injury prone out of the rabble. He's very much good enough to get you to the playoffs consistently, but he lacks the killer instinct and awareness to blow teams out and only makes critical throws when he absolutely has to. Not a great playoff recipe. Plus, he throws short of the sticks on 4th down instead of throwing the heave to Jefferson which had worked early in the season. Cousins is a soft #10, could be worse depending on a few other guys.

As for the rest - Deshaun Watson hasn't proven anything since having almost 2 years off. Kenny Pickett should be in that second tier at some point soon, especially under Tomlin. Justin Fields and Mac Jones IMO are on their last chance this season. Zach Wilson may not get another chance. The 49ers QBs are all mediocre. Ryan Tannehill took a major step back in 2022. Jordan Love has potential, but where? Lamar Jackson too injury prone and poor pocket awareness to be top 10, Kyler Murray hasn't done squat since about week 7 in 2021, Tu'a showed big flashes in 2022 but he's a walking injury risk, Derek Carr is inconsistent and we don't know where he'll play in 2023; Russell Wilson is in jeopardy of losing his job as an NFL starter at this point and proving to be the third-round system QB Pete Carroll drafted him to be. Speaking of Seattle... Geno Smith deserves an honorable mention here as well, but he hasn't had enough sustained success to be considered top-10 at this time.

The 2023 draft class doesn't appear to be anything special. Maybe Will Levis will be a player; remains to be seen. The consensus top 2 QBs don't seem to be anything to write home about, being system bus-driving read option QBs coming from perennially stacked schools.

1. Burrow. Ripped off twice now for would-be Super Bowl wins.

2. Hurts. As Giselle Brady said he can't both throw and catch the ball. Compete up by Eagles to rob him of a Chip.
    3. Mahomes. Brady level grease with oppenents gift giving and lesser level ref rigging. Still an awesome playmaker. His ankle is healthy he does much better in 23 playoffs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

2. Hurts. As Giselle Brady said he can't both throw and catch the ball. Compete up by Eagles to rob him of a Chip.
    3. Mahomes. Brady level grease with oppenents gift giving and lesser level ref rigging. Still an awesome playmaker. His ankle is healthy he does much better in 23 playoffs.
    Has to be a troll. Burrow has the best weapons in the NFL. And Hurts may have the best WR 1 in the game and Smith and Goddert.

Talent matters for everyone except may less for Mahomes. Give Tua Hill and Waddle and he looks like a superstar.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Mahomes is in his own tier at the top. his 5 years as a starter is probably the best 5 year stretch in NFL history. and thats with the chiefs lighting a lot of high picks on fire (CEH in the first round, Mechole Hardman in the 2nd), trading Tyreek Hill away, playing hobbled in 2 of his 3 super bowl appearances.

the only QB who even resembles peak mahomes level of play was peak rodgers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mahomes is in his own tier at the top. his 5 years as a starter is probably the best 5 year stretch in NFL history
    Easily the best. And that's saying a lot with the new talent in the NFL. And Mahomes really doesn't have around him. Moore and Toney could turn into something. But he really looks like a QB that can make everyone around him great. As long as they can catch the ball.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Easily the best. And that's saying a lot with the new talent in the NFL. And Mahomes really doesn't have around him. Moore and Toney could turn into something. But he really looks like a QB that can make everyone around him great. As long as they can catch the ball.
    to be fair, he does have Kelce. but lol at his starting outside WRs being MVS and Juju. Toney is intriguing but not there yet. skyy moore had a rough rookie season. potentially another 2nd round pick lit on fire folowing Mecole a few years before (drafted mecole over studs like metcalf, mclaurin). took CEH when there were guys like pittman/higgins

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    to be fair, he does have Kelce. but lol at his starting outside WRs being MVS and Juju. Toney is intriguing but not there yet. skyy moore had a rough rookie season. potentially another 2nd round pick lit on fire folowing Mecole a few years before (drafted mecole over studs like metcalf, mclaurin). took CEH when there were guys like pittman/higgins
    For sure...Kelce. And good point about the mistakes they made. Although Pacheco was a huge find. Noah Gray has looked pretty good as well. Higgins/Mahomes would have been something to see. Although I guess at that point, they still had Hill?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For sure...Kelce. And good point about the mistakes they made. Although Pacheco was a huge find. Noah Gray has looked pretty good as well. Higgins/Mahomes would have been something to see. Although I guess at that point, they still had Hill?
    Yeah, but, Hill was always an expensive diva with baggage who was going to need replacing at some point. They thought Mecole Hardman was that guy and to be fair he has been a contributor occasionally, but he's been more Jalen Reagor than Desean Jackson.

Agreed. Everyone knew CEH was a bad draft pick that high especially if he wasn't going to be paired specifically with Burrow.

Maybe CEH will get traded to the Bengals and find new life, because the Chiefs certainly won't pick up his first round option. But would the Chiefs trade him away to their biggest AFC contender, that is the question? I do think CEH's best bet is playing scatback with Burrow, with guys like Mixon/Perine running between the tackles and CEH dominating the passing down snaps. CEH's greatest strength in college was as a scatback and receiving back and that's the one place where I think Andy Reid failed him. They tried to make him into Kareem Hunt and he isn't.

Has to be a troll. Burrow has the best weapons in the NFL. And Hurts may have the best WR 1 in the game and Smith and Goddert.

Talent matters for everyone except may less for Mahomes. Give Tua Hill and Waddle and he looks like a superstar.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Hurts has the best overall situation. AJB is an elite #1 and Smith looks good enough to be a #1 on a lot of teams as well. Goedert is a top 5 TE. and he has the best OL in the league. but he's still clearly quite good, even yesterday guy put up one of the better SB performances we've seen in recent years. he was money on his deep balls too. good deep throws to smith (one catch on the left sideline, one on the right that was a drop but still good placement), and of course the deep TD to AJ Brown. there was one deep shot to AJ brown that sailed out of bounds but he played a pretty great game himself. had a big clutch 3rd and long completion to goedert, etc.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-13-2023 at 04:28 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agreed... their WR corps is nothing but Skyy Moore (who had a mediocre rookie season despite a good playoffs/super bowl) and three castoffs that lesser teams didn't even bother to keep (MVS, Toney, JJSS). Kelce will be 34 this upcoming season and they don't exactly have a stud backup TE, either. Pacheco is a solid back but nobody is mistaking him for elite. Left meat on the bone multiple times last night.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Burrow has the best weapons in the NFL.
    That's subjective... the 49ers, Miami, Buffalo, Cinci, Philly, Vegas, even Minnesota and Dallas are all up there in the mix... certainly not the Chiefs, though. Much lesser teams like Detroit, Tampa, LAC, New Orleans, and the Rams when healthy are also ahead of KC with skill position players.

The Chiefs were basically the Packers in 2022 but with an inferior defense. Mahomes stepped up... Rodgers did not. On to 2023, I guess.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Meh.... last year for sure.... pretty much nobody wanted the Rams to win, and those flags near the end were horse crap, even if the Bengals Higgins did get away with an OPI in the third quarter that led to a TD.

This year, not so much... the Bengals came out flat and stale all first half, and actually got a couple gifts, one on a Chiefs TD that was called back that took 4 points off the board early, then that Chiefs INT late in the 2nd that could have turned the game into a blowout but instead Burrow's lousy INT was spared by a questionable DPI call... the Chiefs could have easily been up like 25 points going into the 3rd quarter but with some favorable 50/50 calls the Bengals were able to stay in the game. Cincinnati's offensive line blew their final drive and their special teams and defense choked away the game.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    wow, you dug up the worst of my QB lists for some odd reason
    I serched "top 10 QBs" so as to not create a new thread and this is the first one that popped up.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Give me Reid designed plays & calls + that offensive line instead of those WRs

Elite WRs make difficult catches. Nearly every throw last night by KC was to an open guy. Multiple TDs without a defender in sight. Don't need star WRs for that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    10865330[/URL]]Give me Reid designed plays & calls + that offensive line instead of those WRs

Elite WRs make difficult catches. Nearly every throw last night by KC was to an open guy. Multiple TDs without a defender in sight. Don't need star WRs for that.
    Fair. But Cinci has two top ten guys and Boyd may be top 20ish. At least as a slot guy. And Mixon is a pretty good pass catching RB as well as the back up dude. But yeah…put that money in a decent O-line and a great QB will make it work. It’s not like JuJu. MVS, Tony, and Moore are trash. Individually, they’re all OK.

My point is Mahomes makes it work with a lot less.

Fair. But Cinci has two top ten guys and Boyd may be top 20ish. At least as a slot guy. And Mixon is a pretty good pass catching RB as well as the back up dude. But yeah…put that money in a decent O-line and a great QB will make it work. It’s not like JuJu. MVS, Tony, and Moore are trash. Individually, they’re all OK.

My point is Mahomes makes it work with a lot less.
    You aren't calling Higgins a top ten are you?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah...top ten ish

Give me Eric Bieniemy designed plays & calls + that offensive line instead of those WRs

Fixed.

Rest of post is spot on.
    I'm waiting to see if any media will ask the Eagles DB why he ran away from the coverage. #2 when the wide out Chief simply ran in 5 yards, pivoted and ran out. #2 ran into the middle of the field pointing to the sky. Was he saying "please forgive me God for throwing this game for cash?"

Next time he battles for the ball will be his 1st time.

Super soft.
    Lets 5'10" db work him twice on jump balls vs KC. 2nd one a 45 yd gainer game changer. No attempt whatsoever to battle for ball even tho he is 6'5"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Next time he battles for the ball will be his 1st time.

Super soft.
    Lets 5'10" db work him twice on jump balls vs KC. 2nd one a 45 yd gainer game changer. No attempt whatsoever to battle for ball even tho he is 6'5"
    You're severely underestimating Tee Higgins. Maybe I was generous saying "top 10" but he's top 15. And Boyd as a third option is ridiculous.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I will be honest and say I was very much on the fence with Lawrence when he first came into the league, but quite happy to eat crow now.He has turned into a true leader, and I am very eager to see what the future holds for him and with DP in charge.

You're severely underestimating Tee Higgins. Maybe I was generous saying "top 10" but he's top 15. And Boyd as a third option is ridiculous.
    Watched entire 3 playoff games.

He's weak and soft when it's time to battle for ball.

Crucial wuss out when Joey Burrow horked the 45 yard would-be go ahead game winner vs KC.

Thread Information