My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was really hoping he had stuck with the Spurs to get that hallmark achievement with the good guys. Then with the injury and retirement, it looked like he was going to come up like 52 pts shy for his career. Next game will be a tough one to accomplish it though against Bam and the Heat.

Regardless, he's now one good game from becoming the 48th player in NBA history from achieving that feat. And, if he averages about 10 or 11 pts per game and then retires at year's end, he'll be close to Gervin at 42nd with 20,708 pts.

I, for one, am wishing him well. Go get you some, LaMarcus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason he unretired. Nets are in turmoil, and ain’t winning . I’m not sure he knew how close he was last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason he unretired. Nets are in turmoil, and ain’t winning . I’m not sure he knew how close he was last year.
    He probably also thinks a championship would clinch his HOF case considering what the tainted '19 one has wrongly done for Lowry.

Roster construction is more likely to be their demise. They're too big heavy and lacking in 3 and D wings and with the brand name of the majority of the former, it's doubtful they'll drop them from the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets still have Durant, Harden, Harris, and a solid supporting cast.

They aren't the outright lock to ring like they would be if Kyrie wasn't a nutjob and Harden could still bait himself into 15 FTs a game, but they are still probably the favorites to come out of the East barring injury. I'd hardly call that turmoil.

, the Spurs are in more turmoil than they are right now, but it's still fun watching the young guys play.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in turmoil? Or just lack star talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets aren't in turmoil. They do have to figure out how to score (Harden) without bail-outs. If they had LMA last year, they might have their rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets aren't in turmoil. They do have to figure out how to score (Harden) without bail-outs. If they had LMA last year, they might have their rings.
    They have an All NBA guard sitting out. They’re in close to as much turmoil as Philly. Now that’s not to say they’re without resources, but they ain’t takin home the trophy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have an All NBA guard sitting out. They’re in close to as much turmoil as Philly. Now that’s not to say they’re without resources, but they ain’t takin home the trophy.
    I guess I meant on the court. I don't think anyone on that team cares about Kyrie. Sure, if he shows up, great, but I don't think there's this huge team chemistry thing going on there. Harden only joined last season, Durant didn't play the year before. The rest of the players have been shuffling in and out and even Kyrie, Durant, Harden, barely played together at all last year. It's a concern, but honestly doesn't feel like a huge distraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was really hoping he had stuck with the Spurs to get that hallmark achievement with the good guys. Then with the injury and retirement, it looked like he was going to come up like 52 pts shy for his career. Next game will be a tough one to accomplish it though against Bam and the Heat.

Regardless, he's now one good game from becoming the 48th player in NBA history from achieving that feat. And, if he averages about 10 or 11 pts per game and then retires at year's end, he'll be close to Gervin at 42nd with 20,708 pts.

I, for one, am wishing him well. Go get you some, LaMarcus.
    The ABA stats should be combined with the NBA, IMO. Gervin should be on the books for 26,595.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ABA stats should be combined with the NBA, IMO. Gervin should be on the books for 26,595.
    Agree completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a classic 17 foot mid-range j puts LMA over the top...how fitting.

Congrats to the big man! Well deserved accomplishment. I'm officially rooting for the Nets this yr and for Patty and LMA to ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gratz to LMA. It's a major accomplishment, glad to see he did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non team player gets stats milestone.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done Lamarcus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was done with him when he refused to come off the bench last year. Spurs, of course, covered for him. Invented an injury, which mysteriously got better when he had to play after the COVID stoppage, and then recurred right after we got enough players back. I’m genuinely sorry that Bowen let him use #12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody looked up LMA's defensive rating so far? He's a plus on the court for the Nets and averaging a career high per 36 min in blocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prima Donna. Just not good enough to push teams around the way Harden and Kawhi can. Good for him though. 20K is no small feat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prima Donna. Just not good enough to push teams around the way Harden and Kawhi can. Good for him though. 20K is no small feat.
    Harden? He's got as many rings as LMA and no team of LaMarcus' was ever decimated after their departure nor aquiesced to the way Houston was year after year for Harden.

Kawhi could have and would have won a ring or three right here with LMA without his "pushing a team around."

Poor examples, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody looked up LMA's defensive rating so far? He's a plus on the court for the Nets and averaging a career high per 36 min in blocks
    Yup, he has a team best 5.0 net rating. When he's off they are -8.5.

And his defensive rating is a **very** respectable 102.8 early in the season.

Two 20+ pt games, to boot.

Homey still has some gas in the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden? He's got as many rings as LMA and no team of LaMarcus' was ever decimated after their departure nor aquiesced to the way Houston was year after year for Harden.

Kawhi could have and would have won a ring or three right here with LMA without his "pushing a team around."

Poor examples, imo.
    Those guys are able to cause teams to bend to their will to please them. LaMarcus has a similar self-centered nature, but not the star power to pull off what guys like that can in terms of their ability to leave a path of destruction in their wake when their needs aren’t being met. So I’d say those are two almost perfect examples. Not team-first players, and really zero loyalty to the teams that made them stars.

Thread Information