Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we not gonna talk about how useless Keldon was against Lakers big interior defenders? I really don’t like his offensive style tbh. I know he’s not gonna be going against rim protection like that every night but he’s gonna need to change something. His drives are very predictable.
    He needs to trust his shot. That will open up his game more. If the shooting coaches were actually doing their job, that wouldn't be an issue
    Last edited by Kurgan; 10-26-2021 at 10:29 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's not gonna happen. The team is playing too well and trying too hard to be tanking. They'll eventually go on some winning streaks and will likely end up on the playoff fringe.
    I think so as well, provided White doesn't fall apart and miss half the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Derrick White completely disappeared during the 4th quarter and OT, but SpursTalk will probably blame that on Pop somehow and insist he is still the player of the future.

White too gunshy and murray too gungho. Both arent a #1 but that obvious

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, these kind of losses are needed with this squad. They can't assumed to know what to do. Timmy, Manu, Tony and a lot of the vets of yester years have spoiled fans.

They need games like these to learn to execute better.

Oh well. Hope the watch the tapes for these last couple games till it is seared into their brains.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Derrick White completely disappeared during the 4th quarter and OT, but SpursTalk will probably blame that on Pop somehow and insist he is still the player of the future.
    The Spurs roster is comprised of bench pieces. They have one player that would be a starter on a playoff team ( Keldon Johnson) and even that is highly questionable.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thad Young acquisition has been so badly mishandled tbh

The trade itself was a no brainer but they turned 1st round value into a likely buyout. What's worse is that he can actually be a really serviceable, rotation player for the team....

Just par for the course for BWrong & the Cryptkeeper tbh
    I rather would have Thad's contract then Saric and Smith on this squad if that was what they were offering from Phoenix. Outside of that. You just had to roll the dice and hoped he could do something.

Young with this roster so far it hasn't looked good yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess that tonal isnt working for lebron😅🤣😂

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray playing like these would make Morey take a 2nd look .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would've been an awesome game. DJ thinks he's a better shooter than he is; no one can hit a free throw; Lonnie getting benched inexplicably - a weird but fun game nonetheless

I'm sorry, but DJM taking 24 shots is just re ed
    Lonnie benched himself. He stayed in a long time after he stopped shooting and just never picked it back up. He kept passing the ball at the slightest hint of pressure. His great percentage would've gone down, but the Spurs needed him to take like seven more shots to continue to bend the defense. I was pretty disappointed in him during the final 17 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White was terrible. 7 points 1/6 from 3 and a team high -22

Keldon had his problems, as to be expected. Playing against AD is just a bad match up for him. PF against PF like Chinook would say

Poeltl is killing it. Looks like a completely different player. He's dunking and posting up. Something I been wanting see him do for a long time.

Murray was great. Ran the offense way better than White and fed Poeltl all night with easy rolls to the rim. He was just hero balling too much at the end.

Walker got hot, but only had 10 FG attempts. The thing is they were looking for him when he got hot in the 3rd, but he couldn't get open. I wouldn't mind him being more selfish and taking bad shots with a hand in his face. I just think he doesn't do it cause in the back of his mind he's thinking the old man will bench him ASAP.

Remember when Pop used to call time out to draw up a game winning play? I don't know why he thinks a iso 2 is a good shot.

And why in did we guard Rondo and Westbrook out at the 3-point line and try to go OVER the screen? That's some of the dumbest I've ever seen. I guess that's what happens when Udoka and Messina aren't there anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol
    Murray playing like these would make Morey take a 2nd look .
    Sixers arent taking murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its crazy how Austin Reeves can get 30 minutes on the Lakers in a close game but Primo cant even even touch the floor...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no one with a clutch gene on this team and has been that way for quite some. These guys can definitely get better and will but the ability to be clutch over time isn't a given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was 9 for 24 and that is suppose to be a great game. Yes he did other things but this team is not going to win if he shoots more than 15 shots per game. His shot just is not that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt the Pro-Lakers crowd definitely effected the end-game tonight.

Stepping up to the line to hear jeers and Bronx cheers (after misses), seemed to rattle them a little.

- White had a shocker. Tough one for him tonight. His Offense was subpar but thought his D may have been even worse at times.

+ Stellar showing from Jakob. Played like an all-leaguer tonight. Keep it up big guy.

~ Team Bryn may have capsized tonight. Four games is still a small sample size but damn…looking like that pre-season improvement may have been a hoax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its crazy how Austin Reeves can get 30 minutes on the Lakers in a close game but Primo cant even even touch the floor...
    Vogel is desperate to win. He knows being in LA that he's always going to be in the hot seat. Pop on the other hand knows he could lose every game this year and still keep his job so he has no desperation to try new things on the court.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great to see our "prize" free agent pickup was so helpful in the 4th and OT...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray played fine tbh. Y'all expecting this kid to be a 1st option on a fringe playoff team when he's a poorman's Jrue Holiday at best

He's battling and one of the few guys that has shown any leadership in this organization...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great to see our "prize" free agent pickup was so helpful in the 4th and OT...
    He was hurt, you fat nerd

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt the Pro-Lakers crowd definitely effected the end-game tonight.

Stepping up to the line to hear jeers and Bronx cheers (after misses), seemed to rattle them a little.
    Fatass Spurs fan should have made more noise. The whales in the arena were probably too busy stuffing their faces instead of cheering their team. Pathetic to let the Lakers fans embarrass them in their own arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray played fine tbh. Y'all expecting this kid to be a 1st option on a fringe playoff team when he's a poorman's Jrue Holiday at best

He's battling and one of the few guys that has shown any leadership in this organization...
    Calling this team a fringe playoff team is quite generous on your behalf but yes, you're right about Murray doing what he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop is a fool, plain and simple. not playing Landale when he could have pulled AD out of the paint and helped open up driving lanes. not playing primo at all. etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have been terrible their last 3 games. They could have easily been 0-3 and that's with Lebron. Tonight they didn't have Lebron and still won. This is a bad loss. Can't really spin it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re down by 5 players .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This road-trip will be a great test. Sours need to ket out some aggression on dallas,Milwaukee and Indianapolis

Thread Information