5. Resign Poeltl
    6. Have all the young guys improve
    7. Don't resign Belinelli
    8. Sign a starting caliber player with the MLE
    Good luck, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of the Euro stashes gonna be brought over? If Aldridge is traded does Mulinitov come over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burn it down

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Let Bryn Forbesovich walk
    2. Tell Flopovich to hang it up
    3. Sign-and-trade DeRozan for players that can defend and shoot 3s
    4. Draft a combo forward
    5. Resign Poeltl
    6. Have all the young guys improve
    7. Don't resign Belinelli
    8. Sign a starting caliber player with the MLE

Pretty good list. Too bad the only ones that might come true are #6 and #7.

I don't think there's any chance of netting anything out of DeRozan. But would you take on Al Horford if you could get him and Thybulle in exchange?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want Brent gone. So many possibilities that would make me excited to tune in if he was just out of the ing picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to believe that a team that doesn’t have cap space but would be getting a long term commitment from DDR would not value him.

For a team like SA sure, he’s not as valuable. But teams out there could use DDR for their situation. If that’s not true it really makes SA look incompetent for taking that deal.

Beyond that, looks even worse that the built in excuse of “SA did a good job around Kawhi and the only reason they struggled is because they built a team for Kawhi and not Derozan” has become way less defensible. TOR lost Kawhi and Danny, didn’t get a DDR/Jakob In return and are still just fine. Beyond that, pre Kawhi they had DDR and were a firm 50’win team.

So it looks like that excuse for SA turned out to be just that. They didn’t do a good job building around Kawhi past few years and it was exposed. It’s not due to DDR totally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let brent&belli go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want Brent gone. So many possibilities that would make me excited to tune in if he was just out of the ing picture.
    This. I get the feeling he’s getting a Mills type of contract as long as pop is in control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli and Bryn need to be gone. Sa controls that. Top priority. Can’t keep making same mistakes and sinking money into one dimensional replacement level players.

Then it’s trade LMA and Rudy and Mills. Get creative. Take on some bad deals and be opportunistic if it nets you 1sts. LMA should have solid value. Mills should to if anyone else values “leadership” right?

Sign and Trade DDR for what you can that isn’t long term or at a min let him go. No extension to keep him.

Those are the priorities imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So it looks like that excuse for SA turned out to be just that. They didn’t do a good job building around Kawhi past few years and it was exposed. It’s not due to DDR totally.
    and I've been pointing this out since 2017, this excuse NEVER made sense, the team was always built around Greg Popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the thread: my priorities would be shooters for positions 3 and 4 (Bertans, Bjelica, Prince, Porter, etc.) to allow White and Murray together on the court since day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I've been pointing this out since 2017, this excuse NEVER made sense, the team was always built around Greg Popovich.
    I was team defend SA. But with time and seeing TOR flourish post Kawhi made me see I was wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to believe that a team that doesn’t have cap space but would be getting a long term commitment from DDR would not value him.

One side of mouth: DeRozan is absolutely terrible. I can't believe anyone ever said anything positive about him.

Other side of mouth: I refuse to believe that a team that doesn’t have cap space but would be getting a long term commitment from DDR would not value him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you know if you're into the NBA you'd KNOW that these two will soon be available.

Few scenarios would fulfill this list

but if you don't know, you don't know
    I wouldn't mind the coach but I doubt D-Lo will be available. He wants to play with KAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-get rid of pop
    2-see 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One side of mouth: DeRozan is absolutely terrible. I can't believe anyone ever said anything positive about him.

Other side of mouth: I refuse to believe that a team that doesn’t have cap space but would be getting a long term commitment from DDR would not value him.

Bruh. You know that’s disingenuous as .

Context. SA doesn’t need to pay Derozan. With where they’ve been and where they are (West, brutal division) DDR doesn’t make sense.

Other teams where making the payoffs alone would be a win? Makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh. You know that’s disingenuous as .

Context. SA doesn’t need to pay Derozan. With where they’ve been and where they are (West, brutal division) DDR doesn’t make sense.

Other teams where making the payoffs alone would be a win? Makes sense.
    This is a disingenuous response. You can't laugh at me for saying something positive about DeRozan once upon a time and then say DeRozan is so good that there are teams out there willing to give him big money and give up assets to get him.

You can't have it both ways, bruh. Pick a stance and stick with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Let DDR walk.
    2. Trade LMA if you can get good value.
    3. Resign Poelt to a reasonable contract (4yr -28-32 Mil)
    3. Go young.. meaning play the young guys heavy minutes (Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Metu and Luka)
    4. Bring in a couple of cheap veterans (Marvin William, Evan Turner?)
    5. Let Forbes towel wave for the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando needs an iso scorer. That's their weakness. They actually need a player like DeMar

Beli and Bryn need to be gone. Sa controls that. Top priority. Can’t keep making same mistakes and sinking money into one dimensional replacement level players.

Then it’s trade LMA and Rudy and Mills. Get creative. Take on some bad deals and be opportunistic if it nets you 1sts. LMA should have solid value. Mills should to if anyone else values “leadership” right?

Sign and Trade DDR for what you can that isn’t long term or at a min let him go. No extension to keep him.

Those are the priorities imo.
    It depends on the return, but I'm not opposed to keeping Aldridge. He's still by far the best player on the team and a legit go-to guy. You can develop the young guys around him well, especially considering that we have a bunch of young guards. It helps them learn how to run a 2-man game with a Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a disingenuous response. You can't laugh at me for saying something positive about DeRozan once upon a time and then say DeRozan is so good that there are teams out there willing to give him big money and give up assets to get him.

You can't have it both ways, bruh. Pick a stance and stick with it.
    says the guy who disabled the search function so we can't clown his takes from 2 months ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cut the fat and let Derozan walk. I wouldn't mind keeping Aldridge. Keep Jakob. Let the young guys take over. We're in for another meh season since the FA market is weak and so is the draft. Basically let the young guys develop try to retain Jak and LA and just punt the season and prepare for the next.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cut the fat and let Derozan walk. I wouldn't mind keeping Aldridge. Keep Jakob. Let the young guys take over. We're in for another meh season since the FA market is weak and so is the draft. Basically let the young guys develop try to retain Jak and LA and just punt the season and prepare for the next.

I think Aldridge is gone as soon as his contract is up. But next season is that contract year, and he should be kicking it from the first night of the season, no matter how much he wants to pout. Mid-season might be the absolute best time to move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if we could net Bamba..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if we could net Bamba..
    ...he'd be a 3rd stringer and play in the G-League

Thread Information