My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pentagon plans to launch Trump's Space Force as a separate armed service

WASHINGTON – Vice President Mike Pence announced Thursday that the Pentagon plans to launch a Space Force, embarking on an effort to create the first armed service since 1947.

In June, President Donald Trump called for the establishment of the sixth armed service, to join the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard. Thursday's plan, which requires authorization and funding from Congress, would develop forces to defend satellites from attack and perform other space-related tasks. China and Russia are the nation's primary rivals in space.

"The time has come to establish the United States Space Force," Pence said.

The force would be created by 2020, Pence said. Before that, the Pentagon plans to assemble the U.S. Space Command, which would be led by a four-star officer and draw forces from the other armed services. A 15-page proposal outlines the need for the force and steps to get there but no bottom line, saying only that any costs associated with it will be sent to Congress next February.

Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan told reporters that he assumed creating the Space Force would cost "billions."

When the proposal for a separate force was broached last year, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis resisted it. He wrote to Congress that it would “likely present a narrower and even parochial approach to space operations.”

Mattis signaled this week that his thoughts had changed.

"We need to address space as a developing war-fighting domain, and a combatant command is certainly one thing that we can establish," Mattis said. "This is a process we're in. We are in complete alignment with the president's concern about protecting our assets in space that contribute to our security, to our economy. And we're going to have to address it as other countries show a capability to attack those assets."

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ice/945365002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, this will be the official helmet of the Commander in Chief of this new military unit... should get lib s all triggered, lmao

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the FART bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'lll teach u to be happy StinkyWeezleteats's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCE!

I'lll teach u to be happy StinkyWeezleteats's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the oligarchy pulling Trash's strings, nothing is new

Trump backed 'space force' after months of lobbying by officials with ties to aerospace industry

The concept had been pushed unsuccessfully since 2016 by
    a small group of current and former government officials, some with deep financial ties to the aerospace industry,

who see creation of the sixth military service as

a surefire way to hike Pentagon spending on satellite and other space systems.

The idea of a space force “is not a new thing,” said Stuart O. Witt, an aerospace executive and a member of the White House’s National Space Council Users Advisory Group. “The president just acted upon it.”

But Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.), one of the early supporters of a separate service, complained that Trump’s impromptu endorsement had “hijacked” the issue and

could vastly inflate the budget process. duh!

“There are many vendors of all types who are excited at the prospect of an explosion of new spending

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-space-20180817-story.html

Corporate welfare, wealth redistribution upwards, cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, all gov assistance to be cut

I'm sure Trash extracted, in his "transactional" habit, payback from the MIC/aerospace funders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    continuity, not change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Space Force" is the best they could do? Coupled with the uniforms?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information