Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If money talks then the Spurs can offer more just sayin. But yeah, 40mm is a of a lot to bet on yourself lol esp coming off the injury.
    Your link to that thread says Spurs want to send out contracts AND sign him to a cheaper rate.

They aren’t getting him cheaper. They might be able to sign him for more and get off someone like JRich or maybe McDermott plus a few SRPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the rumor is a trade with CLE so RFA may be moot here anyway at least for one potential path. It's interesting that the 13.3 matches JRs salary so closely if Sexton does the 40/3. Again not necessarily pro-Sexton or anything but if Spurs see value and can pull off a savvy snag I like it. I could be missing something here just thinking out loud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the rumor is a trade with CLE so RFA may be moot here anyway at least for one potential path. It's interesting that the 13.3 matches JRs salary so closely if Sexton does the 40/3. Again not necessarily pro-Sexton or anything but if Spurs see value and can pull off a savvy snag I like it. I could be missing something here just thinking out loud
    That is a silly trade for Cleveland. Might as well retain Sexton at that level. Likewise PATFO are assuredly confident they can develop one of Wesley, Branham, Primo into a similar player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call. Plus outbound contracts would do nothing to help trim down the huge cap space Spurs have yet without other trades Spurs wouldn't have the roster slot to add him outright. Not sure how it would all shake out. CLE would have to be afraid he was malcontent or if he takes the 7.2 and bails to LAL afterwards maybe CLE would rather get something instead of him walking for nothing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call. Plus outbound contracts would do nothing to help trim down the huge cap space Spurs have yet without other trades Spurs wouldn't have the roster slot to add him outright. Not sure how it would all shake out. CLE would have to be afraid he was malcontent or if he takes the 7.2 and bails to LAL afterwards maybe CLE would rather get something instead of him walking for nothing?
    I doubt they care if he walks for less/nothing. He has very little trade value; not because he isn’t a good player just the landscape of this years free agency. This has been happening more and more as most teams only have exception money and cap space is sparce which is why guys like Mo Bamba, Jalen Smith and probably Sexton are retained on value deals.

The last few years many players have been left holding their s come August. TD 21 knows all too well how that feels. Cuffing season around the corner bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol good info man appreciate the details it will be interesting to see but yeah no expectations or anything

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your link to that thread says Spurs want to send out contracts AND sign him to a cheaper rate.

They aren’t getting him cheaper. They might be able to sign him for more and get off someone like JRich or maybe McDermott plus a few SRPs.
    Richardson isn't someone the Spurs need to "get off"; he's expiring and is a net positive player. A contender might be willing to cough up a pick at the deadline and it's probably worth holding on to him to find out. It's also good to have a veteran amongst all the young players.

McDermott will probably cost assets to move. Other than the veteran part he's the opposite of Richardson: one more year on his contract and a is a net negative player. Maybe he could be a neutral player as a bench shooter on a contender, but that extra year on his contract is probably a deal-breaker for most teams. I don't think the Spurs attaching assets to get rid of his contract is a good move, they have plenty of cap space as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richardson isn't someone the Spurs need to "get off"; he's expiring and is a net positive player. A contender might be willing to cough up a pick at the deadline and it's probably worth holding on to him to find out. It's also good to have a veteran amongst all the young players.

McDermott will probably cost assets to move. Other than the veteran part he's the opposite of Richardson: one more year on his contract and a is a net negative player. Maybe he could be a neutral player as a bench shooter on a contender, but that extra year on his contract is probably a deal-breaker for most teams. I don't think the Spurs attaching assets to get rid of his contract is a good move, they have plenty of cap space as it is.
    Not sure whether you are agreeing with my argument that Sexton is NOT coming here on a discount. I agree JRich is a positive asset but he isn’t netting you Sexton on a discounted deal. He probably won’t get you an FRP either.

The “getting off” someone like JRich was in regards to making a move for Sexton who will cost you 15ish a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure whether you are agreeing with my argument that Sexton is NOT coming here on a discount. I agree JRich is a positive asset but he isn’t netting you Sexton on a discounted deal. He probably won’t get you an FRP either.

The “getting off” someone like JRich was in regards to making a move for Sexton who will cost you 15ish a year.
    I agree about Sexton not coming to SA on a cheap deal. It sounded like you thought Richardson was a negative asset ("get off someone like JRich") but it appears you didn't mean what I thought you did. Cheers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree about Sexton not coming to SA on a cheap deal. It sounded like you thought Richardson was a negative asset ("get off someone like JRich") but it appears you didn't mean what I thought you did. Cheers.
    I actually think JRich is a buyout candidate come mid-season.

I’ll go a step further on Sexton; even on a cheap deal there is probably zero interest. He is an undersized, score first, poor defending point guard who put numbers up on a terrible team.

Just give Wesley that shot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danilo tore meniscus...long time spur goes down...dodged bullet lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danilo tore meniscus...long time spur goes down...dodged bullet lol
    He’s done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, he was "done" before the torn meniscus...but this pretty much seals the cap on that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last few years many players have been left holding their s come August. TD 21 knows all too well how that feels. Cuffing season around the corner bro.
    At having your life ruined because an anonymous poster on a message board critiqued some of your takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sexton is ascending I'd love for the Spurs to swoop in and grab him. I hate this whole tanking thing and so much negativity on this kid reminds me of all the negativity about Wiggins. Sexton so defense can improve slightly but we are starting to get solid defensive positions with some young dudes. I think sexton under pop even for one year would ,ean a ton this kid will shoot lights out as he gets another season or two under his belt. If this is doable I would take the risk.
    Id be willing to bet the farm this kid turns into a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also annoys the crap out of me to miss out on s Ston or any good players to play for the tank. It's beyond annoying your playing and losing for a chance not set in stone a chance to get a certain player when you could have a top 8 player showing he is ascending and has shown success already. So annoying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sexton is ascending I'd love for the Spurs to swoop in and grab him. I hate this whole tanking thing and so much negativity on this kid reminds me of all the negativity about Wiggins. Sexton so defense can improve slightly but we are starting to get solid defensive positions with some young dudes. I think sexton under pop even for one year would ,ean a ton this kid will shoot lights out as he gets another season or two under his belt. If this is doable I would take the risk.
    Id be willing to bet the farm this kid turns into a star.
    Wiggins failed as a #1 option. He was brought to GS to be like the #4 option. He did well because no one paid attention to him. In addition, Wiggins has been a plus defender. Sexton wouldn’t be the #4 option, and he’s never been even a neutral defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think JRich is a buyout candidate come mid-season.

I’ll go a step further on Sexton; even on a cheap deal there is probably zero interest. He is an undersized, score first, poor defending point guard who put numbers up on a terrible team.

Just give Wesley that shot.
    I sure hope Richardson isn't bought out, because that means the Spurs weren't able to get any assets for him in return. But I do agree that he's a candidate.

Zero interest in Sexton from you or PATFO? I don't think he makes sense for the team, but maybe PATFO is trying to play 5D chess by getting him on a cheap deal and then trading him for assets later?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure hope Richardson isn't bought out, because that means the Spurs weren't able to get any assets for him in return. But I do agree that he's a candidate.

Zero interest in Sexton from you or PATFO? I don't think he makes sense for the team, but maybe PATFO is trying to play 5D chess by getting him on a cheap deal and then trading him for assets later?
    In another time JRich would have been a solid peice to the puzzle but I see him being a professional and the Sours working to find him a solid home when they can’t get much for him in the trade market

on Sexton - both PATFO and myself. You are going to have to pay him 15+ and probably offer an FRP to acquire him from Cleveland via sign and trade. If you get him dirt cheap and outright that’s a different story but it won’t happen.

I’m pretty confident there is no interest on either side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea yea I know there are always excuses regardless Wiggins had talent the numbers suggested it as a number one or four. When he was a number one it was garbage points that didn't matter and he did play with KAT and also some other decent players have gone through Minnesota. Having said that when you have money and picks and young players and essentially you can get a very very good ascending young player at 24 yrs old without sacrificing anything but your tankathon you do it. Especially with how it's set up right now where It's so quiet. We will still be able to add pieces via the draft there is no guarantee we get the pick there is no guarantee Wemby is a franchise changer. We play this game as a small market team we may be flirting with upscale best franchise small market dynasty to the land of irrelevancy. Love or hate pop he brings cache' to this franchise once he goes if we do not get that pick and hit on this supreme being we are essentially spinning wheels. Injuries happen Sexton not going to add 10 wins to the current roster and if he did it probably means we found our next piece. Can anyone honestly tell me as die hards that you can watch a season already knowing it just means and what if it's multiple seasons of tanking. We have to watch out team lose basically for picks til they hit. This is disaster if that's the plan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    training camp is in approx 4 weeks...if Spurs dont do anything in the first week of September i'd imagine this is the squad to start the season

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    training camp is in approx 4 weeks...if Spurs dont do anything in the first week of September i'd imagine this is the squad to start the season

No reason to still have Poetl when this team is tanking. Get a ing first or something for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks extending RJ Barrett, 4yrs/120mm.

Spurs would have offered him 4yrs 80mm I bet lol.

Thread Information