Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3333
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want to win now. The money isn’t the major issue here it is winning.

Trading Russ for McDermott makes them a worse team this year and hampers their ability to add a third player in the 2023 offseason when Russ comes off the books.
    Right and if Russ is hurting that with team chemistry then this does help them win. They are looking to trade him because he is hurting them. They are having a hard time because his salary is so big and teams dont want him.

McDermott would give them something they need which is a 3 pt shooter that does not need a lot of shots. It also would give them a big trade exception that they may be able to use mid year to get another contract. Hield is also someone that they have been interested in but has a worse contract and dont think he is any better. They would still have the trade exception and a pick to go after someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This offseason is depressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but definitely expected. Time to tear it down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Spurs cementing themselves as a bottom feeder in 2023 was much needed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but at least there are still some storylines/unanswered question hang out there that spark some interest:

1. Will they move Jak before the start of the season?
    2. How will they use their capspace?
    3. Do they get anything for the other spare parts (Richardson; Doug; Romeo)

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose there are larger picture questions too, but that’s outside of this Summer alone. But I’ll say it anyway because this off-season is fairly lame, at least by the inactivity here.

Will the owners continue to dangle the threat of moving to Austin in order to only assuage us…by asking for a new arena? Perhaps they didn’t mean to create the Austin angst, but the result was created. Obviously, that is a multi year process but I will admit that I’m paying a little more attention to it than I normally would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but at least there are still some storylines/unanswered question hang out there that spark some interest:

1. Will they move Jak before the start of the season?
    Unlikely. The time to sell high in Jak was probably last trade deadline. They aren’t giving him away and he probably isn’t garnering much interest at the asking price.
    2. How will they use their capspace?
    Especially with a full roster. Going to be tricky. Atleast they have till next draft.
    3. Do they get anything for the other spare parts (Richardson; Doug; Romeo)
    McD and Langford won't get you anything in isolation. JRich probably gets you 2 SRPs. All three are more likely part of a bigger trade with 2 above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose there are larger picture questions too, but that’s outside of this Summer alone. But I’ll say it anyway because this off-season is fairly lame, at least by the inactivity here.

Will the owners continue to dangle the threat of moving to Austin in order to only assuage us…by asking for a new arena? Perhaps they didn’t mean to create the Austin angst, but the result was created. Obviously, that is a multi year process but I will admit that I’m paying a little more attention to it than I normally would.
    the demand for a brand new arena will definitely be made in the next few years. If the new arena gets voted down or if the city/county says no then the spurs are as good as gone.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see a new arena being built, but will the city government have the balls to do a deal that isn’t a complete giveaway? Likely not. Yet…the optics/politics of arena building is under greater scrutiny and basically people have wised up to how it’s basically charity for billionaires. It will be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see a new arena being built, but will the city government have the balls to do a deal that isn’t a complete giveaway? Likely not. Yet…the optics/politics of arena building is under greater scrutiny and basically people have wised up to how it’s basically charity for billionaires. It will be interesting.
    The lifespan of an NBA arena is roughly 20 - 30 years if that long. Its not that the building is obsolete, its just that NBA teams like to maximize their profits any way they can and an older arena probably doesn't have a lot of the modern amenities that newer arenas have. Its all about keeping up with the Jones'.

The days of really really old arenas like the Boston Garden or Chicago stadium are over. Boston Garden in its last few seasons was an especially dirty, smelly, ty place. It really needed to be replaced. Didn't matter how many hockey or basketball championships were won there.

At least an NBA arena doesn't cost as much as a new NFL stadium. The AT&T center is still in decent shape even after 2 decades but I can see the spurs wanting a new place. My guess is that its about getting out of the eastside and closer to downtown or somewhere else to better maximize profits for their rich owners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damb Seattle Supersonics plus a Las Vegas team rumored to be announced this preseason at climate pledge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who goes east, minny?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t see this guy as credible.

If true, we don’t have to worry about losing any players in the expansion draft atleast.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-07-2022 at 12:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who goes east, minny?
    Yep, probably Minny....makes the most sense travel wise. They are tucked all the way up in there in the northeast as compared to NO and MEM who are relatively close to the Southwest division, even if they are slightly further east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people don’t give a rat’s ass about giveaways, as long as they’re not the ones paying the bill. See:1999 election for ATT Center funded by hotel and rental car taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The owners never once dangled any threats to move the team to Austin. That’s pretty much a fever dream of one particular poster here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who goes east, minny?
    Could be any of the three teams on the Mississippi River: minny, Memphis, or New Orleans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a since deleted tweet from a guy with 2k followers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who goes east, minny?
    How about Memphis and Minny ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Memphis and Minny ?
    When you add two teams that the WC via expansion, then you only send one team East to maintain balanced conferences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a since deleted tweet from a guy with 2k followers.
    It was actually a writer for the Associated Press with over 5k followers. not saying it's legit but given the source, probably more legit than just some random dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was actually a writer for the Associated Press with over 5k followers. not saying it's legit but given the source, probably more legit than just some random dude
    Since deleted. Not picked up by any major media source. He might be plugged in, in Vegas which may give this some credence. Otherwise he is a nobody; AP or not.

I won’t argue 2k vs 5k and how different that is. I’ll leave that to the resident social media analyst/community college eng student.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since deleted. Not picked up by any major media source. He might be plugged in, in Vegas which may give this some credence. Otherwise he is a nobody; AP or not.

I won’t argue 2k vs 5k and how different that is. I’ll leave that to the resident social media analyst/community college eng student.
    Fair enough. Realgm is reporting it though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis would be the obvious choice to be sent to the EC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. Realgm is reporting it though
    Google is your friend, my dudes

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...ring-preseason

Thread Information