My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need Bertans back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch Pokusevski the more I like him. Really smooth for a 7 footer. Nice stroke from 3. Would be a nice replacement for Aldridge. The Spurs were playing Luka as a 3 in Austin. I think the 4 is where they are looking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch Pokusevski the more I like him. Really smooth for a 7 footer. Nice stroke from 3. Would be a nice replacement for Aldridge. The Spurs were playing Luka as a 3 in Austin. I think the 4 is where they are looking.
    He's definitely Bertans++. (Using 11 on him might be a bit high, though.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have a good read on him and its hard to go big man in drafts with how they are valued now, but depending on where the Spurs land maybe trading up for Wiseman?

SA doesn’t have any one glaring need over another (they need a lot) but I would say a young, mobile, long PF/C is on that list. The shelf is dry even though you can get plug and play C’s for pretty damn cheap.

If Wiseman projects to be a lot more than that though (so not just some no offense athletic shot blocker) then maybe it’s worth a gamble.
    This is who I want us to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who I want us to get.
    We’d have to get a top 4 pick to get Wiseman. He won’t fall to 11, and we can’t draw a pick pick anywhere between 5 and 10. Just the way the lottery works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to gage where guys are gonna be drafted this year since there’s no workouts or tournament to see how their draft stock might rise or fall but yeah I can’t see James wiseman or Deni Avdija falling past 5 or 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air Alamo has a mock draft that has us taking Devin Vassell at the 8th spot. Dunno why we are the 8th spot in that draft, but ok...

They seem to be sold on the guy and have a whole separate article as to why San Antonio should draft him. Seems a good fit, a 6'7" defensive wing that can shoot lights out. Also has decent handles and can take it to the basket if needed. Just imagine a player like that taking Forbes spot...
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 04-20-2020 at 11:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is if we draft another ing undersized guard, I am going to lose it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How short is this queen guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How short is this queen guy?
    5ft 10...... lol jk I think it said he’s 6ft 6in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air Alamo has a mock draft that has us taking Devin Vassell at the 8th spot. Dunno why we are the 8th spot in that draft, but ok...

They seem to be sold on the guy and have a whole separate article as to why San Antonio should draft him. Seems a good fit, a 6'7" defensive wing that can shoot lights out. Also has decent handles and can take it to the basket if needed. Just imagine a player like that taking Forbes spot...
    It's actually impossible for the Spurs to draft #8, unless they get a top 4 pick and trade down, in which case I will hunt down and neuter RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is if we draft another ing undersized guard, I am going to lose it.
    When was the last time we drafted an under sized guard? We didn't draft Patty, and Bryn was a FA. Everyone else (DJ, White, Walker) ranges in the 6'4"-6'6" area, not undersized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time we drafted an under sized guard? We didn't draft Patty, and Bryn was a FA. Everyone else (DJ, White, Walker) ranges in the 6'4"-6'6" area, not undersized.
    Undersized may be a stretch if we are talking the draft, but last year we took Luka (a skinny SF), Johnson (a gaurd), and Weatherspoon (a smaller guard)....even though we already had Murray, White, DeMar, Walker, Mills, and Forbes on the books.

We DON'T need anymore freaking guards. How about we focus on some size and length for once?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Case in point...not undersized for a guard...but still a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undersized may be a stretch if we are talking the draft, but last year we took Luka (a skinny SF), Johnson (a gaurd), and Weatherspoon (a smaller guard)....even though we already had Murray, White, DeMar, Walker, Mills, and Forbes on the books.

We DON'T need anymore freaking guards. How about we focus on some size and length for once?
    So if they have a shot at Anthony Edwards... Pass?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if they have a shot at Anthony Edwards... Pass?!?!
    I'm always a proponent of taking the best talent that is on the board, but...

Anthony Edwards ain't gonna be there at 11 (if that is where the Spurs end up).

Also, if they draft another guard, what happens to White, Murray, KJ, etc.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBADraft.net just updated and has the Spurs taking 6'5" SG Tyrese Haliburton at 11.

He would fit in with (if not be duplicative) of many of the Spurs guards (although he is a better shooter).

His floor is high but his ceiling would seem to be on the low side. I think the Spurs could probably do better at 11.

On the other hand, that mock has a lot of the guys I like going before 11 -- Wiseman, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu, Toppin. Those guys will probably be long gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBADraft.net just updated and has the Spurs taking 6'5" SG Tyrese Haliburton at 11.

He would fit in with (if not be duplicative) of many of the Spurs guards (although he is a better shooter).

His floor is high but his ceiling would seem to be on the low side. I think the Spurs could probably do better at 11.

On the other hand, that mock has a lot of the guys I like going before 11 -- Wiseman, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu, Toppin. Those guys will probably be long gone.
    lol. Haliburton is a PG not a SG. He is the best PG in the draft IMO and there’s no way in he’s available at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm always a proponent of taking the best talent that is on the board, but...

Anthony Edwards ain't gonna be there at 11 (if that is where the Spurs end up).

Also, if they draft another guard, what happens to White, Murray, KJ, etc.?
    What you said was that even if we get a #1-4 pick, you'd pass. So it's not true. You would draft another guard. It just depends on who is the best player available at the time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early mock drafts had Bey going before Vassell, now it's the other way around.....Vassell it is.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. Haliburton is a PG not a SG. He is the best PG in the draft IMO and there’s no way in he’s available at 11.
    If he is, you take him. Think of him as a slightly bigger JKidd who already has a 3 point shot. It's ugly and slow, but he has Curry range. Saw him regularly dial in from 25-30 feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is, you take him. Think of him as a slightly bigger JKidd who already has a 3 point shot. It's ugly and slow, but he has Curry range. Saw him regularly dial in from 25-30 feet.
    No doubt. Definitely take him if he drops in the draft. He has the speed, length, size, defense and rebounding of Murray. But he is a great passer and can actually shoot. I would be ecstatic if we were to get him. He’s a player you can build around and makes others better. If we were to trade DDR to Orlando for Gordon, haliburton and Gordon would be an entertaining combo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your positional designations are archaic. Samanic is a "PF", Johnson is a wing, Weatherspoon is short (6'3''), but is long (6'9'') and strong (207) enough to avoid being labeled a small guard.

Equating quan y to quality is foolish. Sure, the biggest positional need is big wings, but the biggest overall need is elite talent.

I doubt Haliburton is available at 11, but if he is, they're not in position to pass on the basis of having Murray and White. He's significantly younger and a significantly better play maker than either. Select him and offer either of them for 15 to select Vassell or Bey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought Luka was projected as a stretch 4, essentially replacing Bertans long-term, and Johnson is an undersized SF (ala Justise Winslow or pre - Houston PJ Tucker)?

I'm hopeful that both become versatile enough to play up or down a spot in the line up. Could just be wishful thinking, though.

Unfortunately, this draft class is poor and heavy on guard prospects. I could easily see the team trading down or even out of the first round if they are unable to find a quality 3 or 4 prospect. Someone that can replace Lyles, (least likely talent wise) DeRozan in the starting lineup or Gay in the rotation.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 04-20-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information