Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Man I just saw the lights swaying in the arena during summer league. Y'all stay safe over there.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hoping SoCal breaks the off and floats away and that a sinkhole opens up under the Governors mansion. California might become tenable again.

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Felt this at the Thomas & Mack Center tonight.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Hoping SoCal breaks the off and floats away and that a sinkhole opens up under the Governors mansion. California might become tenable again.
    10/10 post, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    then again, Chucho probably forgot to Google and find out that Moonbeam actually retired recently.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Whenever you ask an average Californian about Texas, they usually say something like... Nice place, good people out there.

Ask a Texan about California? I hope they all die, and burn in !

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    then again, Chucho probably forgot to Google and find out that Moonbeam actually retired recently.
    LOL, Andy Googling the Gov. of California.

* Andy, we need towels folded, Aisle 2. Andy, towels folded, Aisle 2.*

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Whenever you ask an average Californian about Texas, they usually say something like... Nice place, good people out there.

Ask a Texan about California? I hope they all die, and burn in !
    LOL, no. Have yet to meet one yet who doesnt have envy of a Texan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    LOL, no. Have yet to meet one yet who doesnt have envy of a Texan.
    Cool, glad you like it there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    its not california's fault that you can't afford to live here.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    beautiful weather... until the ground splits your home in half with you taking a dump upstairs.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Said plenty of times I'm fine here, just not a fan of class genocide, blatant thievery and corruption. Just seeing the plight everyone deals with and how much the state has fallen in prosperous times is nothing short of one of the most under reported things in modern times. If it doesn't bother you, fine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    why don't you run for office?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why don't you run for office?
    Complaining on a message board is more enjoyable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    that doesn't address your specific problem. iirc, you and your work are moving to another state....somewhere about 50 to 55 employees relocating? because of cost.

i don't know if that was based on personal income or operating cost.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that doesn't address your specific problem. iirc, you and your work are moving to another state....somewhere about 50 to 55 employees relocating? because of cost.

i don't know if that was based on personal income or operating cost.
    Larger talent pool as well. SMBs arent sustainable here. We're fine with everything there.

It's a lot of everything with this state government. Not interested in going down the rabbit hole again. We're too rich a state, and constantly reminded of it, to have the issues we have that have been compounding in times of prosperity. Worse is the lack of action or any proposed plans of action to tackle anything the masses are hurting from or even plans for the tax revenues from the shameless gas prices.

Suffice it to say, this state government puts pain on people here more than any of the pieces of in Washington and, aside from SoCal, this state is great. Just like, aside from select places, this country is great. More people about the Feds, the state guys here are worse. My take. I appreciate your concern.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    *Gas taxes, not gas prices.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Larger talent pool as well. SMBs arent sustainable here. We're fine with everything there.

It's a lot of everything with this state government. Not interested in going down the rabbit hole again. We're too rich a state, and constantly reminded of it, to have the issues we have that have been compounding in times of prosperity. Worse is the lack of action or any proposed plans of action to tackle anything the masses are hurting from or even plans for the tax revenues from the shameless gas prices.

Suffice it to say, this state government puts pain on people here more than any of the pieces of in Washington and, aside from SoCal, this state is great. Just like, aside from select places, this country is great. More people about the Feds, the state guys here are worse. My take. I appreciate your concern.
    It's one of the most beautiful states in the US weather-wise but $4/gallon for gas, even in a Prius or similar 50mpg hybrid, is ridiculous. Add to that 13.3% state income taxes, the 2nd highest property taxes in the US, above average sales taxes, well above-average crime, and the frightful threat of earthquakes and it's a non-starter imo as a place to permanently live and settle down.

The state was great up until 1991 when the cancer of hipsterism spread like the plague after the riots and it changed for the worst starting with the '92 election.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's one of the most beautiful states in the US weather-wise but $4/gallon for gas, even in a Prius or similar 50mpg hybrid, is ridiculous. Add to that 13.3% state income taxes, the 2nd highest property taxes in the US, above average sales taxes, well above-average crime, and the frightful threat of earthquakes and it's a non-starter imo as a place to permanently live and settle down.

The state was great up until 1991 when the cancer of hipsterism spread like the plague after the riots and it changed for the worst starting with the '92 election.

There are a lot of things I love about California- MediCal, insurance is really cheap, most cities have a great parks system, the varying landscapes, the weather is better, the outdoors is great and lots to do.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Chucho how can you say SF area is great? Aside from the weather, of course, but the people, the economy, the individual purchasing power? Awful. And that's just SF... OAK is a crime infested hole, even in SV the average commute to work is an hour and you're pretty much impoverished if you're not working full-time employment in tech.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    There are a lot of things I love about California- MediCal, insurance is really cheap, most cities have a great parks system, the varying landscapes, the weather is better, the outdoors is great and lots to do.
    Yep, as soon as I leave Texas I'll probably be outside a of a lot more, there's not much to miss about the weather in Texas (8 months of hot and humid and 4 months of too cold/wet, at least in Dallas). So health insurance is cheaper there? Is that only if you're below a certain income level, though? What about the group health insurance plans?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's about the same here as what I pay for my old man's back in Texas. Rates raise a little higher. But almost all P+C stuff is ultra affordable here.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    she's armenian (swedish national, though)
    Was she born in Sweden? That's pretty cool. You ever been to Sweden?

The second one was stronger for us in the OC.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Was she born in Sweden? That's pretty cool. You ever been to Sweden?

The second one was stronger for us in the OC.
    Yeah. We made a trip to Stockholm a couple of months ago. Was my first time there and her first time back since moving here. Would recommend.

second one was stronger here as well. we were at a restaurant and they actually evacuated us and let us back in about 5 minutes later. Luckily we hadn’t gotten our food yet so it didn’t get cold

Thread Information