Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give him 3 yrs at $20MM per. He can definitely earn more, but where is his best chance to ring again (and again)? This could be the place, but he'll have to do us the favor to keep him surrounded by enough talent to get him and us there.

It'll be matter of what he finds important. Those who grow into the system and the psychology sometimes bend to what the heart desires. So does he desire $$$ more or shots of wearing more rings and the HOF enshrinement?
    Once he shows he can hit the 3’s, Demar is not taking that. Every team will be bidding for him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3yr/80M is a win-win for both sides tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 x 80 is better... 20 x year is actually gonna be the most paid contract on the team coming ho next season, guarantee him money till he gets old and legitimate him as the veteran cornerstone of the franchise...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward contract is something DDR will ask for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward contract is something DDR will ask for.
    Asking is in his right... But Noone in the entire nba is gonna give him that contract... Except maybe the Knicks. But I am not that sure they are gonna compromise their cap that deeply... It's all about if he buys in the chance to stay relevant in an improving team with soon to be contender perspective. He and LMA and Gay were here also last season and all of them responsible for the first non play off season in a while. It all depends by example... And it starts with your earnings. The same can be said for LMA and Mills... Playing well only in a contract season is not affordable anymore and all your choices have to be made in a team and not only individual perspective. With the young movement we are back on that winning track...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are usually quick to give extensions to guys they like. The fact that they couldn't settle on one for Demar tells me they either don't value him that much or his price is too high.

I don't think that's been brought up enough. The fact that they haven't extended him probably says something about how they view him. I don't think they'd let him get to FA where another team has an opportunity to sign him if they viewed him as a key piece going forward.

I still think that they try and trade him, though he's young enough to sign a three year extension and for him to probably be still be worth it. Still, the Spurs a bunch of much younger and cheaper perimeter options that could be key players going forward. It probably doesn't make sense to re-sign him given the limited ceiling of a DeRozan lead team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 x 80 is better... 20 x year is actually gonna be the most paid contract on the team coming ho next season, guarantee him money till he gets old and legitimate him as the veteran cornerstone of the franchise...
    If they were to re-sign him-- which i'm not in favor of--it wouldn't make sense to re-sign him for 4 years. He'll be 35 and significantly older than the younger core. Three years would be the absolute limit, he'd still probably be good at 34 but its not certain and it'll come down to salary.

Something like 3 years $72 million with the 3rd year partially guaranteed for like $10 million would make more sense. He still gets paid a big salary while the Spurs retain him on a slightly more affordable deal with protections in case he doesn't age well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he keeps hitting threes some team will be willing to overpay him next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they were to re-sign him-- which i'm not in favor of--it wouldn't make sense to re-sign him for 4 years. He'll be 35 and significantly older than the younger core. Three years would be the absolute limit, he'd still probably be good at 34 but its not certain and it'll come down to salary.

Something like 3 years $72 million with the 3rd year partially guaranteed for like $10 million would make more sense. He still gets paid a big salary while the Spurs retain him on a slightly more affordable deal with protections in case he doesn't age well.
    I like your numbers. I'd maybe go up to $80M for three years if they can have a partial guarantee on that third year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please no
    Set him free
    Or get something good for him if you can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please no
    Set him free
    Or get something good for him if you can
    if Clippers had any resources it would be the ideal partner for SA (if the team doesn't re-sign with him)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is getting 3/90mm and Patty 3/39 mm if we make playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs beat a tougher team than Minnesota without him. There's life beyond DeRozan.
    I'll even say it was a lot more fun watching them play. Walker is taking the mantle as the scoring threat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this entire thread. Watching this clown any longer than this season is a pure laugh. He should have been traded for picks in the offseason. The Spurs as is, are not going to make the playoffs and we're again in the mid tier lottery. Popovich, get over yourself and embrace the change NOW. DeRozan is NOT a franchise player, and NOT a max salary player. This is a ing joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2/11 from 3 in his last 6 games... looks like those early season shooting numbers were a mirage. still think he's at his best when he's racking up the assists, not the points/FGA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get used to 3 more years od DDR Spurs fans. When we inevitably strike out in free agency he will be back on an above market value deal (overpay is the cost for exploring free agency).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this entire thread. Watching this clown any longer than this season is a pure laugh. He should have been traded for picks in the offseason. The Spurs as is, are not going to make the playoffs and we're again in the mid tier lottery. Popovich, get over yourself and embrace the change NOW. DeRozan is NOT a franchise player, and NOT a max salary player. This is a ing joke.
    Finally someone sees what I've been saying...sadly the FO will resign him to a max deal and he will be here for years to come...they're always the LAST to see when a move needs to be made

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a colossal mistake bringing him back would be, even if it's for below market value. Ball dominant, wrong side of 30, still a net negative on defense, will probably end up costing them a promising young player like Walker or Keldon...

Gonna suck tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were adamant that the Spurs would "definitely" be bringing back Forbes. Let's not premature ejaculate and assume such things until it happens, shall we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Bucks get desperate in the summer. Bud bailing us out has been the only way the old man has stayed relevant in the past 5 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that is concerning to me is the spurs have all of this cap space for next offseason but the free agency is getting weaker and weaker lol and LMA trade value has to be at an all time low, he got benched in 4th quarter against the third string rockets, I at least think Demar, Rudy, Patty could interest some teams, I can’t think of a single team who would give the spurs any value for LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally someone sees what I've been saying...sadly the FO will resign him to a max deal and he will be here for years to come...they're always the LAST to see when a move needs to be made
    I’m going to laugh when Demar is still a productive asset while your whiny little boy crush Kawhattie has long since lost the ability to move around the court. I watched Kawhi get taken off the dribble several times this season in the few games I’ve seen the Clippers play. He’s already losing the ability to move laterally and defend, but the Clips gave up their future to make him happy and be perennial second round performers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't fit with the team tbh...we need a natural "small ball" floor spacing 4...demar is playing the 4 cause it's the only way he can get on the court, since we have so many guards...which won't be changing anytime soon since Jones will be getting minutes next season as well...

Team will take a short term hit since only White is close to his playmaking but in the long run we will be much better off with a more natural 4 that derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For DDR money we might figure out how to get 2 6’8” dudes who can play good enough

Thread Information