Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs don't go re-signing him to a loyalty contract similar to Mills.

Say "NO" to overpaying. If they could somehow get rid of Mills and give him that money, that would be the upper limit of what I'd be willing to pay.
    You say you don’t want him to have a contract like Mills, and then advocate getting rid of Mills, and giving Green that money. That contract would be EXACTLY like Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s like you haven’t watched one game this season.
    U talking about the couple games at the beginning of tje season where he finished some awkward drives? You guys make it seem like danny turned into harden overnight...couple games later he reverted to tjrowing layuos over the backboard after dribbling cringeworthily into the lane...he is over 30...he aint suddenly gonna learn to dribble and finish...these are the ages players actually get worse, or start to...lets not pretend danny didnt fall back down to earth aftwr his good start...he is who we know he is

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say you don’t want him to have a contract like Mills, and then advocate getting rid of Mills, and giving Green that money. That contract would be EXACTLY like Mills.
    Nope, Danny is worth what he's getting now (in this market), so a small increase is OK as I doubt he'd come back for the same amount of money. Personally, I'd only give Danny the same amount as he's getting now, max, but I doubt that would be enough. If we can get someone better for the same amount of money, or a little more, I'd let him walk.

Mills was not worth anywhere near what he got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2nd most impactful Spurs after Kawhi and GOAT-tier transition defender..Completely owning Ish smith and Winslow in B2B games..

Gonna suck losing this because of 50Mills..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impactful is a subjective word and nah, he ain't second after Kawhi.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do ya even watch basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd most impactful Spurs after Kawhi and GOAT-tier transition defender..Completely owning Ish smith and Winslow in B2B games..

I hope not. Spurs are in trouble with retaining all the guys that are up for contract. This team this season is really talented and has a lot of young talent. One can’t take for granted what they have been able to achieve without an MVP caliber player.

The potential exodus from this year has the potential to a lot more impactful than losing garbage time marvel Boban 2 seasons ago, overrated JSimms, Dedmon, plus retired Lee. Last season’s team lost some guys and this season’s team may face losses again, hopefully Danny is not among them, but I am not taking the team for granted. Imagine losing some of the guys from this season and replacing them with Costello, Hilliard and Milutinov.

( I will say Derrick White has shown some things though, but other than him... the pipeline seems dry).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is the best transition in the defender when the opposition is coming at him head on.

Danny is now in the absolute top tier of chase down block transition defenders.

I ing love this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny on defense is the same Danny he's always been. He was overshadowed by Kawhi an his bad shooting on offense. He's been this good!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is not a top tier transition defender... Lmao... The Greek Freak agrees with me too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is not a top tier transition defender... Lmao... The Greek Freak agrees with me too
    greek can be the goat transition defender tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your posting is like a carton of milk man. It just gets more sour and curdled with time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impactful is a subjective word and nah, he ain't second after Kawhi.
    You're right. Kawhi has to actually get on the court again before you can put him up there.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long in' his haters tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As I said in the OP: Danny Green haters like duncan2k5 and palangi need to learn to watch and understand basketball, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can get someone better for the same amount of money, or a little more, I'd let him walk.
    But the team can't, especially not for the same opportunity cost (since the team won't have cap space regardless). Letting Danny walk really doesn't seem like an option outside a scenario where they trade away some guys to make real cap space. My guess is they only reason why he may opt out (and why he doesn't have an extension) is that PATFO are going to try to fit in as many re-signings as possible and are going to ask Danny's cooperation on that.

I actually had a much longer post in there going through the cap math. But that can be saved for later. We all probably know money will be tight with guys like Forbes and Anderson looking for the first paydays, so they will likely need vets like Danny, Tony and maybe Gay to work within the financial limits to bring back as many guys as possible while also getting a longer-term solution established as the third big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people really going to play this game again? Green isn't going anywhere, the same way Mills never was once Paul spurned them. He's as much of a culture carrier and a more important player.

I actually had a much longer post in there going through the cap math. But that can be saved for later. We all probably know money will be tight with guys like Forbes and Anderson looking for the first paydays, so they will likely need vets like Danny, Tony and maybe Gay to work within the financial limits to bring back as many guys as possible while also getting a longer-term solution established as the third big.

If Gay is re-signed, he takes care of that. They clearly need to find a better third center though.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people really going to play this game again? Green isn't going anywhere, the same way Mills never was once Paul spurned them. He's as much of a culture carrier and a more important player.

If Gay is re-signed, he takes care of that. They clearly need to find a better third center though.
    It's like the FO doesn't know their contracts and who ends where and how much money they have, It's their ing job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like the FO doesn't know their contracts and who ends where and how much money they have
    You're right...this is exactly what it looks like. And I'd add that it also seems like they lose track of how long these players have been in the league and what their skillset it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like the FO doesn't know their contracts and who ends where and how much money they have, It's their ing job.
    This is true...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny green is overrated by many here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny green is overrated by many here
    Do go on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the team can't, especially not for the same opportunity cost (since the team won't have cap space regardless). Letting Danny walk really doesn't seem like an option outside a scenario where they trade away some guys to make real cap space. My guess is they only reason why he may opt out (and why he doesn't have an extension) is that PATFO are going to try to fit in as many re-signings as possible and are going to ask Danny's cooperation on that.

I think you are absolutely right about Danny, and I hope you are. Big fan here. Danny has already demonstrated his commitment to the Spurs once before. I am not sure that we can count on "Spur-for-life Rudy, however. In my ideal world, however, we would bring back the whole team next season with the possible exceptions of Dijon, Joff and 50Mills. I really don't want to pay Tony much, and I don't want him starting, though, so that creates another set of problems...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-October D-League Danny

Getting torched each night but, but, but his chasedown blocks

October - 43.8 3P%
    November - 35.9 3P%
    December - 32.4 3P%

Dont get me wrong. He's still LDN, but the L doesn't stand for Long anymore

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How anyone still thinks this dude is an All-Defensive type player clearly doesn't watch the games and relies on stats like DBPM.

It's like me and ElNono are the only dudes watching the games out here....

Thread Information