Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    They still have no edge of any team due to the CP3 trade in a PG trade. Murray is far greater than any asset they could offer. BOS has far better assets. Even Kevin Love is more valuable.

Melo, sure, but that is on the buyout market.
    Boston has to show they are willing to actually use their assets since they have had them since forever and have done nothing with them. We shall see though maybe they finally cash in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't understand why you go after a ball dominant player only to make him non ball dominant at this point in his career when that is his entire schtick. Its pretty obvious Paul just badly wanted out of LA. I wouldn't want the Spurs to have paid his Clippers opt in price anyway. Paul got what he wanted, his full contract and out of LA. I don't think this makes Houston a stronger team though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird CO3 needs the ball and Hardon needs it even more

Terrible move by rockets imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird CO3 needs the ball and Hardon needs it even more

Terrible move by rockets imo
    ------------------------

Totally agree with you Sir

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Another great move by West. Get a ton of role players (maybe 1 or 2 pan out plus Beverly) and a top 3 pick for Paul. Next thing ship Jordan out and get either more picks or package him with someone else for a 2nd/3rd tier star and build around him and Griffin. If Griffin stays healthy he is a top 5 player in the league. He can do everything - shoot, take guys off the dribble, pass off the dribble or out of pick and rolls, post up if he has to and obviously finish. If he's able to stay on the court and everything runs through him instead of CP3, look out. Just need a new coach.
    IDK about Top 5, but people are sleeping on Blake after two unlucky years with injuries. He has the green light now, he's not going to be held back by Choke-P's overdribbling and selfishness anymore. As long as he stays healthy, Blake will surprise everyone this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lesson here is that:

NBA stars all TALK about wanting that NBA le, and yet......

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im getting disillusioned here......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet the Spurs pondered something similar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK about Top 5, but people are sleeping on Blake after two unlucky years with injuries. He has the green light now, he's not going to be held back by Choke-P's overdribbling and selfishness anymore. As long as he stays healthy, Blake will surprise everyone this year.
    I'm going top 5 cause there's such a massive drop off after the Top 4. I think a lot of his career has been wasted because CP3 is so ball dominant that he hasn't been able to showcase all his skills, which is neither of their faults. If he can just stay on the court, as you said he really is someone you can build around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chris paul,

if you dont want the Spurs, then yah

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salute to Jerry West if it's true that he didn't want to pay Paul the full deal, tbh..perfect timing to take power away from Tom Rivers..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's great , now we can focus on George Hill and another star player.
    Then we make sure to beat Houston next year. This is a blessing in Disguise.
    This might work in our favor by Houston giving GS fits and tiring them out and then we come along with the knock out punch.
    Damn, were the playoff seeds for next year announced already?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol people - you were saying he was the best player yesterday and now he's just garbage lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol people - you were saying he was the best player yesterday and now he's just garbage lol
    the flip floppers are trolls brah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet the Spurs pondered something similar.

Of course they did. I said at the get-go that CP3 was using the Spurs for leverage with the Clips because they were agonizing over this very issue - just as the Spurs had to be. Everybody on ST was just assuming Paul would be offered the supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salute to Jerry West if it's true that he didn't want to pay Paul the full deal, tbh..perfect timing to take power away from Tom Rivers..
    I said all along that it was wrong to just assume that the Clips would offer a supermax deal to a player his age. The unforeseen consequences of this supermax deal are starting to be revealed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't understand why you go after a ball dominant player only to make him non ball dominant at this point in his career when that is his entire schtick. Its pretty obvious Paul just badly wanted out of LA. I wouldn't want the Spurs to have paid his Clippers opt in price anyway. Paul got what he wanted, his full contract and out of LA. I don't think this makes Houston a stronger team though.
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul knows point guards glitter in Pringles' offenses. He'll get to run around and rack up huge stats. Problem for the team is that Mike only gives the keys to one player at a time. I guess they can try to alternate, but one of the two becomes a young Joe Johnson from back in the Phoenix days, underutilized and not as dangerous as he could be.

The other appeal for Paul has to be the lack of defense. He won't have to exert himself on that side at all. (Hope he doesn't care when no one else does, either.)

He also gets cover for when the team craps out in the second round again.

Oh, and the Clippers had bad team chemistry with Paul - Griffin apparently hated him and he hated Rivers, etc. Houston already doesn't seem like it has great chemistry most of the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They traded him for Patrick Beverly, Sam Dekker, Lou Williams, and a 2018 First round pick.
    Rockets will regret this trade. They gave up scorer and a really good defender. Also, Harden played his best basketball playing PG last season. Now, Harden will be force to play his old position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets will regret this trade. They gave up scorer and a really good defender. Also, Harden played his best basketball playing PG last season. Now, Harden will be force to play his old position.
    I agree. Basically you're replacing touches for a near-MVP level player with touches of a somewhat less, but also very good player. D'Antoni's system has players stay in place while the playmaker pounds the ball to get certain shots and kick-outs. Paul, or Harden, is an increased risk in one of those spots, but is Paul worth the expense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is a good defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is a good defender
    It's hard to be a good defender on a ty defensive team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may not work out for them, but I'm not sure they regret this trade. They're not really giving up too much for him. They already have their sixth man in Eric Gordon, and Beverly, while a decent defender doesn't give them consistency on the offensive end.

I'll even go as far as to say it's a low risk, high reward move for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be great if Spurs can get their hands on Beverly or Blake now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't get this trade for the rockets.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They already have their sixth man in Eric Gordon, and Beverly, while a decent defender doesn't give them consistency on the offensive end.

I'll even go as far as to say it's a low risk, high reward move for them.

Thread Information