Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really don’t know that because there’s wasn’t any testing of the dead. There’s hardly any testing now. It’s virtually nonexistent.

Are you really this ing stupid? You can’t point to a statistic that is built on a foundation of no testing. It’s a non starter at this point.

Let me be clear. You can’t point to contributing deaths with little to no testing. Incredibly stupid of you to fail to comprehend that.
    The exact same point for the death rate. You cant say that 100000 or 100 or 0 people had it that weren't tested. But I think we may be able to assume that a lot more people have had it due to the transmission rate and how easily this virus seems to be spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump the MAGA MAN winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really don’t know that because there’s wasn’t any testing of the dead. There’s hardly any testing now. It’s virtually nonexistent.

Are you really this ing stupid? You can’t point to a statistic that is built on a foundation of no testing. It’s a non starter at this point.

Let me be clear. You can’t point to contributing deaths with little to no testing. Incredibly stupid of you to fail to comprehend that.
    uhhhh checked against still under 60

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 min ago
    Vice President Pence says more than 2,000 labs will have high-speed testing capability by Monday
    From CNN's Nicky Robertson and Jason Hoffman
    Vice President Mike Pence speaks to the media during a press briefing at the White House on March 15.
    Vice President Mike Pence speaks to the media during a press briefing at the White House on March 15. Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images
    During a White House briefing Sunday, Vice President Mike Pence announced that “more than 2,000 labs” will have high-speed testing capacity by Monday.

Since the declaration of a national state of emergency, Pence said federal public health services have worked with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and "have reached out to all 50 states to create a process that will enable all Americans who need to be tested to go to a community-based testing site outside of usual health care facilities."

Pence noted these tests will be focused on those "most in need."

Adm. Brett Giroir with the US Public Health Service outlined how new coronavirus testing will be rolled out. He said there would be 1.9 million tests available this week across the 2,000 labs. Giroir also emphasized that the priority would be placed on those most vulnerable.

Giroir added that there wouldn’t be undue stress put on the acute health care system, meaning emergency rooms or urgent care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest, non trolling question for once, should everyone be tested?
    Absolutely, if by everyone you mean shows symptoms or has come in contact with someone who's been infected, etc. How else are we to identify who has COVID-19 and who has another lesser virus? Also, are we supposed to quarantine everyone who sneezes, coughs, or has the "sniffles"? How do we protect health care workers from the possibly infected if they don't know who has it? ....SMH It's just common sense.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re actually a genius.

Based on your logic you’ve cured cancer.

If you don’t provide testing for cancer you can easily claim that cancer doesn’t kill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    63 now...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re actually a genius.

Based on your logic you’ve cured cancer.

If you don’t provide testing for cancer you can easily claim that cancer doesn’t kill.
    better dig up those corpses and test them so you can win an argument!

I wonder how many the flu killed during that same timeframe..

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better dig up those corpses and test them so you can win an argument!

How many died of the flu but it was actually corona.

Answer according to you: None, as long as we don’t test anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike pence

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely, if by everyone you mean shows symptoms or has come in contact with someone who's been infected, etc. How else are we to identify who has COVID-19 and who has another lesser virus? Also, are we supposed to quarantine everyone who sneezes, coughs, or has the "sniffles"? How do we protect health care workers from the possibly infected if they don't know who has it? ....SMH It's just common sense.
    It's not common sense hence the litany of questions you added. Also can you catch this more than once. If so, then do you need tested until you are positive?

What about next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not common sense hence the litany of questions you added. Also can you catch this more than once. If so, then do you need tested until you are positive?

What about next year?

Clearly were all doomed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then that just means there were millions that had corona that didn't die get treated or tested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white flag accepted

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta wonder, supposedly the pangolin to human transmission was traced to late November in Wuhan though China didn't acknowledge anything until New Year's Eve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What about next year?
    Well, if it's not common sense then the answer to the questions I asked should be obvious.
    No one knows for sure but it seems likely that having the infection once can result in some immunity, but just like the influenza virus can mutate so can this one.

And next year? Who knows...it may stay here with us forever or as your dear leader said it might one day just disappear like magic.

But I get it...you're on the it's "just a flu" team and no reason to test because it will incite panic. Or maybe you don't want to know. Maybe you just don't want to deal with your own mortality.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta wonder, supposedly the pangolin to human transmission was traced to late November in Wuhan though China didn't acknowledge anything until New Year's Eve.
    No one will ever be able to determine this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if it's not common sense then the answer to the questions I asked should be obvious.
    No one knows for sure but it seems likely that having the infection once can result in some immunity, but just like the influenza virus can mutate so can this one.

And next year? Who knows...it may stay here with us forever or as your dear leader said it might one day just disappear like magic.

But I get it...you're on the it's "just a flu" team and no reason to test because it will incite panic. Or maybe you don't want to know. Maybe you just don't want to deal with your own mortality.

Less then 1% have re tested positive after exsposure and recovery in china soo far

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not at all. I would rather live my life than hide. Testing doesnt matter as much as good hygiene. Which is, and will continue to be, the problem.

If you have good hygiene you most likely wont get it. That's pretty much the only thing you will ever know about the spread of viruses for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less then 1% have re tested positive after exsposure and recovery in china soo far
    Interesting. Thanks, you got a link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The effectiveness of these test aren't 100% accurate...I'm aware of the literature (we would need longitudinal studies on a much larger cohort to really understand the prognosis of the disease--but it's all still very new) . We can't dismiss that some pts we're still infected and tested false negative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. I would rather live my life than hide. Testing doesnt matter as much as good hygiene. Which is, and will continue to be, the problem.

If you have good hygiene you most likely wont get it. That's pretty much the only thing you will ever know about the spread of viruses for sure.
    What does "good hygiene" mean to you?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does "good hygiene" mean to you?
    Hand washing regularly, hands off face, cough sneeze into elbow or tissue then wash hands, limiting shared spaces, social distancing. You do those things you be fine.

The problem is most of the time humans dont do any of that and they have a gross habit of touching their own face often. Cut that out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy high due to age, cultural appropriateness of poor hygiene and smokers. China due to proximity. I would be interested in knowing more about this when utilizing data to determine transmission of any virus. Again, problem solve on prevention not reaction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hand washing regularly, hands off face, cough sneeze into elbow or tissue then wash hands, limiting shared spaces, social distancing. You do those things you be fine.

The problem is most of the time humans dont do any of that and they have a gross habit of touching their own face often. Cut that out.
    Unfortunately not everyone shares your sentiments and sometimes extreme measures have to take place to drive the point across--like locking down cities. As for testing, and as someone who has front row seats to what's unfolding, we have to test--we have to know who has it so we can act on it and who doesn't. All in all, this is a communicable disease and it's going to take everyone working together to slow it down so we can save as many people as we can and that's including our healthcare workers and other essential parts/workers of our society.

Thread Information