Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    I will take the win, not that it was actually close. Clark was without question a WR. Just like we saw in those game videos, just like his football cards showed. There is no such thing as a WR/TE.......................where is one?

Blake lost his ass once again, when is the boy ever going to learn he is totally outgunned vs Avant.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    The below off the Niners site.

However, while looking through the 49ers history, I noticed that there really haven't been that many great tight ends wearing the red, white and gold. As I've said repeatedly, I think Vernon Davis will reach that elite level at some point, but until then, the compe ion at the all-time TE position is scarce. Accordingly, I've decided to not even hold a vote. Simply put, Brent Jones is the best tight end in 49ers history and it's not all that close. Jones leads all 49ers tight ends in receptions, yards, touchdowns and Pro Bowl appearances and ranks in the top among all 49ers receivers in receptions, yards and touchdowns.

While Jones was never overrated as a tight end, I don't think he would qualify as underrated. I can't imagine anybody not recognizing the talent of Brent Jones and his major contributions during the 49ers glory days. He earned 3 Super Bowl rings and made four trips to the Pro Bowl. The 49ers had great receivers in Rice and Taylor and a great rushing/receiving threat in Roger Craig, but the importance of Jones to the West Coast offense is considerable. Throw in a streak of 125 consecutive games and you've got not only a franchise great, but an all-time great.

Honorable Mentions
    : Like I said, there is not a lot in the way of tight end talent in 49ers history. Ted Kwalick was a 3-time Pro Bowler at tight end in the early 70s, while Russ Francis was the primary TE and immediate predecessor of Brent Jones. I really thought Eric Johnson might have worked his way onto this type of list, but injuries have derailed him and now he's off in New Orleans. If Vernon Davis can continue to improve (he did improve his receptions and yards from year 1 to year 2), I don't see why he won't pass Brent Jones in the 49ers record books. Davis is a receiving tight end who is immensely athletic and could become the primary target of Smith/Hill/whomever. But that's an argument for another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark not even an Honrable Mention, the reason..................NOT A TE.
    Last edited by Avant; 03-17-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Then there is this.....

Look, we know the San Francisco 49ers have had great quarterbacks in their history, but someone has to be on the other end of those passes, right? Indeed: In addition to great QBs, the 49ers also have had some great wide receivers.
    We know you know a few of them; how could you be a football fan and not know them? However, what about the guys rounding out a top-five list of the 49ers' best WRs? That gets tricky!

Or does it? It depends on what you value most in a WR, perhaps. Consistency? Big-play capability? A lot of S.F. wide receivers benefitted from playing with great QBs, too, so we have to take that into consideration as well.
    Regardless, these are the five WRs we decided were the best in San Francisco history. Enjoy!

5. Dwight Clark (1979-1987):
    He is most famous for The Catch, of course, but Clark also was the go-to receiver for QB Joe Montana in the early years of the 1980s dynasty. Not the most physically gifted guy, Clark averaged 946 yards a season for a five-year stretch that saw the 49ers win their first two Super Bowls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How could anyone with even half a brain not get this?

Here is Clark in an actual game. What more is there than this?

Who has game footage showing him as their starting TE?

I get I know far more about football than anyone here but this really doesn't take a football guru, just watch their games and there it was.
    Last edited by Avant; 03-17-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Google.....What Position Did Dwight Clark Play.

Dwight Clark/Position
    Wide receiver

....that is what you will see.

Now head over to the Niners site and you will see no mention of Clark as a TE.

Hit up the card shops. you will never find a Clark card that reads....TE.

Watch all his game videos, you will not find any game where he played more TE than WR.

Those are the facts and no horde of know nothings can change reality.

Dwight Clark was without question a WR who ever so rare would come in tight, he was however a WR.

I won this rather easily to be honest and if you don't believe that, take...Dwight Clark was a TE....to any site out there that talks football, watch what happens. NOBODY will....yep, a TE.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have examined all of the evidence and I hereby rule in favor of the Tight End argument.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    He was not the judge. Actually he was nothing in this at all.

All anyone has to do is watch any of the games on video, there it is right there. There is Clark at WR.

Yep, case closed.

Where is a game video where he actually plays TE other than a couple plays if that? Where?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Larry in full nuke meltdown mode

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    You see all the cards...WR, you saw the game videos. yep...WR. You saw the rosters, yep...WR. You saw that Niner site, nothing on Clark as a TE.

Dude, time to toss in the towel, you are totally whipped.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    The site below is a Clemson site talking about their best TE's n the NFL.

Yep, no mention of Clarke, just like that Niner site.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/0...ry-tight-ends/

I can't believe people will actually look stupid just to mess with me, hahaha~~~~~

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Where is that football card that reads.....Dwight Clark TE?

Why is it they all look like this?

Come on people stop acting stupid, ok?

Check out reality.

Dwight Clark's Catch Marked the Beginning of 49ers Dominance - The ...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ght-clark.html

Dec 27, 2018 - The primary target was the speedy Freddie Solomon; the second was Dwight Clark, a wide receiver no one except the San Francisco 49ers' ...

San Francisco 49ers: Dwight Clark passes at age 61 | The ...

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/sa...212531299.html

Jun 4, 2018 - Dwight Clark, the former 49ers wide receiver whose leaping touchdown catch in 1982 is perhaps the most iconic play of the modern NFL era, ...Missing: forums ‎| ‎Must include: ‎forums

Dwight Clark dies at 61: Former San Francisco 49ers receiver known ...

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/0...ht-clark-dies/

Jun 4, 2018 - Dwight Clark, the former 49ers wide receiver whose reception known as "The Catch" sent San Francisco to its first Super Bowl, has died one ...Missing: forums ‎| ‎Must include: ‎forums
    Last edited by Avant; 03-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Catch was the winning touchdown reception in the 1981 NFC Championship Game played between the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park on January 10, 1982, as part of the 1981–82 NFL playoffs following the 1981 NFL season. With 58 seconds left in the game and the 49ers facing 3rd-and-3, San Francisco tight end Dwight Clark made a leaping grab in the back of the end zone to complete a 6-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Joe Montana, enabling the 49ers to defeat the Cowboys, 28–27. The Catch is widely regarded as one of the most memorable events in National Football League (NFL) history. It came at the end of a 14-play, 83-yard drive engineered by Montana. The game represented the end of the Cowboys' domination in the NFC since the conference's inception in 1970, and the beginning of the 49ers' rise as an NFL dynasty in the 1980s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ca...ican_football)

The San Francisco 49ers will honor the memory of former tight end Dwight Clark in a variety of ways, the team announced Wednesday.

https://www.upi.com/San-Francisco-49...7441533744197/

Clark, who announced that he was battling ALS, or A played tight end at Clemson from 1975 to 1978, then was a 10th-round draft pick by the 49ers in 1979 and quickly emerged as star.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...-61/671472002/

Former 49ers receiver/tight end Dwight Clark was honored at halftime of a game against the Atlanta Falcons on Dec. 23, 2013, in San Francisco.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/sa...217056195.html

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady posts emotional statement after the passing of ex-49ers tight end Dwight Clark
    Yesterday, former San Francisco 49ers tight end Dwight Clark passed away at the age of 61 after a year-long battle with ALS.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/6/5/...d-dwight-clark

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    The Catch was the winning touchdown reception in the 1981 NFC Championship Game played between the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park on January 10, 1982, as part of the 1981–82 NFL playoffs following the 1981 NFL season. With 58 seconds left in the game and the 49ers facing 3rd-and-3, San Francisco tight end Dwight Clark made a leaping grab in the back of the end zone to complete a 6-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Joe Montana, enabling the 49ers to defeat the Cowboys, 28–27. The Catch is widely regarded as one of the most memorable events in National Football League (NFL) history. It came at the end of a 14-play, 83-yard drive engineered by Montana. The game represented the end of the Cowboys' domination in the NFC since the conference's inception in 1970, and the beginning of the 49ers' rise as an NFL dynasty in the 1980s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ca...ican_football)

The San Francisco 49ers will honor the memory of former tight end Dwight Clark in a variety of ways, the team announced Wednesday.

https://www.upi.com/San-Francisco-49...7441533744197/

Clark, who announced that he was battling ALS, or A played tight end at Clemson from 1975 to 1978, then was a 10th-round draft pick by the 49ers in 1979 and quickly emerged as star.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...-61/671472002/

Former 49ers receiver/tight end Dwight Clark was honored at halftime of a game against the Atlanta Falcons on Dec. 23, 2013, in San Francisco.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/sa...217056195.html

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady posts emotional statement after the passing of ex-49ers tight end Dwight Clark
    Yesterday, former San Francisco 49ers tight end Dwight Clark passed away at the age of 61 after a year-long battle with ALS.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/6/5/...d-dwight-clark
    And every single one of those is wrong.

He didn't play TE at Clemson to begin with.

There is no game he ever played in his NFL career where he was the TE.

He was drafted a WR, he made the pro bowl as a WR, he was always listed a WR on that Niner roster.

Wiki

Born on January 8, 1957, in Kinston, North Carolina,[6] Clark graduated from Garinger High School in Charlotte, where he played quarterback.[7][8] Clark talked about how he was nervous playing quarterback in high school. At 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m), his first love was basketball, but he accepted a scholarship to play college football at Clemson University.[9][10]

As a freshman, he was moved to wide receiver, because the team had recruited 4 other quarterbacks. As a sop re, he was named the starter at strong safety, but he disliked the position and left school to go back to his hometown in Charlotte instead. He was unhappy and considered transferring to play basketball at Appalachian State University, until he was finally allowed to play offense.[11] After returning to the team, he was a backup wide receiver and finished with 5 receptions for 99 yards and a 19.8-yard average.

As a junior, he was named a starter at wide receiver and was part of the team that qualified Clemson to the Gator Bowl, its first bowl game in 18 years. He was third on the team with 17 receptions for 265 yards and one touchdown.

In his senior season in 1978, the Tigers were 11–1, won the Gator Bowl over Ohio State, and finished sixth in the final AP poll. He was second on the team with 11 receptions for 207 yards and 2 touchdowns, including a career-high 68-yard touchdown catch against the University of Maryland that helped the Tigers win the ACC Championship.

At Clemson, he wore #30, posting only 33 catches for 571 yards, 3 touchdowns and a 17.3-yard average (seventh in school history).[11] Unheralded as a collegian playing alongside wide receiver Jerry Butler, Clark felt fortunate to get to the NFL.[12]

In 1988, he was inducted into the Clemson athletic Hall of Fame. In 2018, he was inducted into the South Carolina Football Hall of Fame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out any video of any game he played in, there it is right there, he was without question a WR.
    Last edited by Avant; 03-17-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Work with me here people.

I was raised in central Cali, the games we got on tv...Niners. I am as big a Niner fan as there is. I have never missed a Joe Montana Niner game, which means I never missed a Dwight Clark game.

I saw Clark at the WR position, ok? That is why I am as pit bullish about it as I am, the guy was NEVRER thought of as a TE....NEVER.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    See how it works, there is that Tom Brady bit.....tight end, now look at the three below it.

Tom Brady reacts to the death of ex-49ers tight end Dwight Clark ...

https://www.patspulpit.com/.../new-e...t-passing-san-...

Jun 5, 2018 - Yesterday, former San Francisco 49ers tight end Dwight Clark passed ... however, for being a part of one of the NFL's greatest plays: The Catch, which ... And I never forgot the impact he made on me as all of our heroes do.

There's a catch to former 49ers great Dwight Clark and his battle with ...

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/l...109-story.html

Jan 9, 2018 - San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Dwight Clark leaps to grab a Joe ... He got hit in Green Bay and had no idea where he was. ... “One of the things about him is that when you were in trouble, he was always coming to find you. ... Because you just don't know, especially with this stupid game we played.

Clemson's Dwight Clark, battling ALS, inducted into S.C. Football Hall ...

https://www.postandcourier.com/...dw...428-11e8-83a5-...

Apr 19, 2018 - Dwight Clark, the former Clemson football wide receiver turned NFL Legend for “The ... Congratulations to my fellow inductees, all well deserved. ... According to Bostic, the way Clark saw it was simple: If he was going to “get the ... in NFL history and it will go down as the one play that will always define him.

Report: 49ers legend Dwight Clark dies after battle with ALS - Story ...

www.ktvu.com/news/report-49ers-legend-dwight-clark-dies-after-battle-with-als

Jun 4, 2018 - Former San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Dwight Clark passed away ... He spent his entire nine-year playing career with San Francisco (1979-87), ... And I never forgot the impact he made on me as all of our heroes do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No football card company would continue to be wrong for years about what position a guy plays, ok? He was never called a TE because he wasn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    And every single one of those is wrong.
    Poor Larry has completely lost it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Work with me here people.

I was raised in central Cali, the games we got on tv...Niners. I am as big a Niner fan as there is. I have never missed a Joe Montana Niner game, which means I never missed a Dwight Clark game.

I saw Clark at the WR position, ok? That is why I am as pit bullish about it as I am, the guy was NEVRER thought of as a TE....NEVER.
    Sorry there is no evidence you saw all the games, all the plays, all the formations and even if you did, there's no evidence here that you understand anything you're watching.

This is toilet paper trying to hold water in court

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Sorry there is no evidence you saw all the games, all the plays, all the formations and even if you did, there's no evidence here that you understand anything you're watching.

This is toilet paper trying to hold water in court
    Being I could totally overwelm any court with my knowledge of 49er football, there is no doubt I could convince them I know the franchise and who played what position. When I start talking Monty Stickles, Ted Kwalick, Earl Cooper, Gene Washington, Dave Parks, Freddie Solomon, Billy Wilson, Mike Wilson, Charles Young, Russ Francis, Jerry Rice,John Taylor, JJ Stokes, they will see I know Niner WR and TE's

When I show them my Dwight Clark football card collection, with all reading....WR. They will see he was no TE.

Then there are all those game videos, none of them will have Clark as a starting TE, not one.

Then after visiting all those Niner sites, with no mention of Clark as a TE, yep....it's over.

Blake, you got whipped, just accept it guy, you are looking ridiculous now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol everyone voted on Clark being a tight end. It's you that looks like an old angry clown here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Lol everyone voted on Clark being a tight end. It's you that looks like an old angry clown here.
    So who here do you think knows more about Niner football than myself, well? Who here can talk Abe Woodson, J.D.Smith, Carl Monroe, Jim Johnson, Kermit Alexander, well?

Blake, show me any game video proving Clark was indeed a TE.....you can't. I can show you a half dozen where he is playing WR.

Dude, why act totally stupid?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    imagine your life being so ty that you are hung up on something like this for months

old fat larry

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    The judge and jury have both ruled on this, Avant.

To the extent you want to take it up on appeal, That will require a request explaining why the Court of Appeals should hear this case.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Washington Wizards
    The judge and jury have both ruled on this, Avant.

To the extent you want to take it up on appeal, That will require a request explaining why the Court of Appeals should hear this case.
    I'm preemptively accepting the ruling of the lower courts. We don't have time for this up here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Washington Wizards
    I'm preemptively accepting the ruling of the lower courts. We don't have time for this up here.
    SCOTUS has the same position so don't even try asking, Avant.

Thread Information