Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With 3rd world leadership. That's our problem. Just imagine the healthcare infrastructure (and general infrastructure overall) we could have if we focused our energy on that instead of fighting goat herders for 20 years and building trillions worth of planes, subs, carriers, tanks, bases, etc, etc? It would put everyone else to shame. South Korea, Germany, etc healthcare would look like a cute toy next to it. And Dems are guilty just the same of this "3rd World Leadership." No politician in my lifetime ever had the guts or integrity to cut defense spending and spend it on healthcare and education. Eisenhower issued that warning 60 years ago, and it has come true.

amen tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccine has a timeline of 12-18 months. Ramped up testing should be achievable by the Summer. An effective antiviral is anyone's guess, but I'm hopeful.
    vaccine in 18 m is a best case scenario almost to the fantasy level

many troubles can coke up and most likely will in vaccine that would push it months and months away

good thing is we have dozen countries working on vaccine so most likely sooner or later we will achieve it. but realistically it wilk be 2+ years from now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A vaccine might never be developed successfully. Deal with it. Liberate now. We can’t afford to wait for a vaccine that is years away and might never come at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A vaccine might never be developed successfully. Deal with it. Liberate now. We can’t afford to wait for a vaccine that is years away and might never come at all.
    The Swiss say they will start C19 inoculating in October

US Army / Gilead has promising treatment
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-22-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, they was still urged to leave the bunker to vote.
    completely irrelevant to the virus and public health

the SCIENCE has to be the ultimate authority -

but the right wing billionaires need to keep poor people down - so they brainwash the idiots to believe its about country/rights/politics -

and the stupid brainwashed poor and working class - just go right on out and risk/ruin their lives to keep the billionaires who are screwing them -

happy

trump works for the billionaires - ONLY - and he enriches himself and his billionaire bosses/friends/putin (whom he owes billions to )

and his poor brainwashed cult refuses to defend themselves - they just continue to faithfully place their heads on the billionaires/rt wing pundits - guillotine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    swabs are not the only problem

armies of disease tracers will be needed and nobody knows where the $ for these guys will come from and how to even start to hire/train these nigas

1st world superpower

a 3 micron bug is obliterating us
    Much easier problem to solve than reagents which are almost entirely out of US control. Tracers can be hired and trained. Money will eventually come after unfortunate congressional and executive push back and delay.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a young healthy person I would go out there right now. Stop being scared smh! Liberate Texas!

Exhibit A ^

Yes - you are right - you are young and healthy and there is ZERO chance you will become infected -

please go out there and be courageous - the SCIENCE - be damned!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vaccine in 18 m is a best case scenario almost to the fantasy level

many troubles can coke up and most likely will in vaccine that would push it months and months away

good thing is we have dozen countries working on vaccine so most likely sooner or later we will achieve it. but realistically it wilk be 2+ years from now
    Bet you Oxford beats that timeline.
    Calling it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some evidence suggests longer term effects of even those with mild disease won’t be ideal.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/2...tivity.Message

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As always and forever, rightwingnutjobs are FULL OF , and very often Astroturfing frauds and liars

Virus misinformation flourishes in online protest groups

Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of posts fly in the new Facebook groups daily.
    The coronavirus numbers are fake, some of the social media videos claim.

“Social distancing is the new way to control you, your family and your behavior,” another commenter warns.

Others say the pandemic is an overblown hoax.

network of Facebook groups spurring protests of stay-at-home orders across the country have fast become a hotbed of misinformation, conspiracy theories and skepticism around the coronavirus pandemic.

Launched in recent weeks by pro-gun advocacy groups and conservative activists,

fueled by notions floated by television personalities or President Donald Trump himself and amplified by social media accounts.

There’s little basis in reality for many of the claims on the sites.

becoming increasingly partisan online,

with prominent conservatives urging their followers to protest Democratic governors,

despite stay-at-home orders coming down in nearly every state, including some led by Republican governors.

“Every patriot should go outside, socially distanced and with masks , and protest these Democrat tyrants,” Charlie Kirk

https://apnews.com/5862a9201c7b1bea6...bTsM3Z9OhbRGd1

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    completely irrelevant to the virus and public health

the SCIENCE has to be the ultimate authority -

but the right wing billionaires need to keep poor people down - so they brainwash the idiots to believe its about country/rights/politics -

and the stupid brainwashed poor and working class - just go right on out and risk/ruin their lives to keep the billionaires who are screwing them -

happy

trump works for the billionaires - ONLY - and he enriches himself and his billionaire bosses/friends/putin (whom he owes billions to )

and his poor brainwashed cult refuses to defend themselves - they just continue to faithfully place their heads on the billionaires/rt wing pundits - guillotine.
    No. They too have been compromised. FOX scientists bad. CNN scientists shaved pussy.

Scientists and SCIENCE has been politicized and thus now is compromised. They did it to themselves. Their regrets are their own. I've no sympathy for them.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Swiss say they will start C19 inoculating in October

US Army / Gilead has promising treatment
    That means early August.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exhibit A ^

Yes - you are right - you are young and healthy and there is ZERO chance you will become infected -

please go out there and be courageous - the SCIENCE - be damned!
    We are all getting this at some point. Best do it now and get dat dur herd immunity son. Don’t be scared

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some evidence suggests longer term effects of even those with mild disease won’t be ideal.

Oh well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yet another reason not to abandon mitigation hastily, many survivors of COVID-19 end up with life-changing (and socially costly) disabilities.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 04-22-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are all getting this at some point. Best do it now and get dat dur herd immunity son. Don’t be scared
    Where are you right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you right now?
    Whataburger drive thru

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whataburger drive thru
    Not protesting in a group of hundreds?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could be more common sense than nobody go outside until 2022 best case?
    Absolutely.

Or have everyone on the face of the Earth French kiss each other best case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could be more common sense than nobody go outside until 2022 best case?
    You are the only person I've heard suggesting this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are the only person I've heard suggesting this.
    You haven't heard anyone suggesting we stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Young people should go back to working now to protect our businesses and retirement accounts."

Signed, Boomers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't heard anyone suggesting we stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine?
    Nope.

The common sense seems to be, following the lead of other countries, that when the caseload goes down for two weeks or so, it's reasonably safe to start normalizing, provided there's robust testing and social tracing to contain subsequent outbreaks.

Mitigation needs to be pursued until containment becomes technically doable. For the US that's probably a matter of a few months, not two years. There will be backsliding, CDC has already warned of a second, more destructive wave in the fall.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 04-22-2020 at 12:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SnakeBoy:

Here's an interesting thread on how social distancing policy was developed in the US. GWB got the ball rolling.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Social distancing, yes. Lockdown, no.

Thread Information