Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Not a condescending piece of
    Whoa bro....... you might be taking this basketball stuff to seriously!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it mandatory for HC to do media obligation or as long as one of the coaches on the staff does it?
    I know doing media is mandatory for regular, full-time head coaches. I don't know if it would have been mandatory for TD since he was a fill-in.

But, yeah, if TD ever wants to be a full-time head coach, he'd have to get used to do media.

Did well. Shot down that one off-topic question in a Pop-esque manner

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hadnt noticed timmy was coaching but i noticed keldon and lonnie getting minutes, then i started paying attention

timmy 1-0!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know doing media is mandatory for regular, full-time head coaches. I don't know if it would have been mandatory for TD since he was a fill-in.

But, yeah, if TD ever wants to be a full-time head coach, he'd have to get used to do media.

That is what we thought but didn't Becky do post game for Pop last month?

This was when Messina was in town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Marc Stein, the win officially still goes to Pop in the books lol
    How misogynistic of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name me a Spurs coach in history with better dreads.. I'll wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is what we thought but didn't Becky do post game for Pop last month?

This was when Messina was in town.

If you have a valid excuse, you can skip out on media. For example, players are technically obligated to do media but if they are in the trainer's room, that an acceptable excuse.

That Becky game, Pop's excuse was he was catching up with Messina. I guess that was a good enough excuse for the NBA not to fine him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow that was the longest I’ve seen a Spurs Coach answering questions

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep. The Becky fanboys were getting annoying on Twitter.
    This, I don't get it.. I think she will be a fine coach but they act like she is prime Pop in a pantsuit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, I don't get it.. I think she will be a fine coach but they act like she is prime Pop in a pantsuit.
    She looked really good leading the spurs to a summer league championship one year, that's where the hype comes from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Tim didn't suit up. He'd still be better than almost everyone out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She looked really good leading the spurs to a summer league championship one year, that's where the hype comes from.
    I don't think she or any woman will ever coach in the NBA.

That's not a matter of competences or knowledge and we know Becky is filled with them but imagine you're a GM and consider Becky as a coach... Think longer with all the ins and outs and you'll probably conclude that can't do it, which Pop and RC did...

That's one thing to coach for a few games a bunch of obeying, docile rookies and no name wannabees in summer league, that's another to coach day in day out male NBA star or superstar millionaires.

At the end of the day men are men, women women and guys don't react the same way with a woman, either by mysoginy or on the contrary to protect her. There are a lot of things going on in a team's life and players won't act and react as naturally with a woman as head coach, even unconsciously.

I don't see Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Kawhi, LMA or whoever being really receptive or impressed by a Becky's rant or yelling at them at half time, on the bench or in practice as I don't see them follow her lead... Players and coaches may clash too sometimes, which can be sane but players wouldn't as naturally air it out with a female coach. How would she deal with players clashing or fighting too?

There's a lot of testosterone and psycholgy going on between a coach and players, a mix of "bro" codes or father figure depending, that need to be there for players to accept the coach leadership then form a "team" they all belong to. That won't exist with a woman that will never really belong to the group no matter what and will stay external. You can't fight nature.
    That exclusion would physically manifest by her absence from the locker room where a lot of things are playing, for the most part... "Beware guys, towels on... Coach Becky wants to get in... I don't see her knocking at a player's hotel room on the road to talk either...

imagine you're an NBA GM and you have to pick a coach... All things considered, do you really give your team filled with 7 foot, male, 20-30 millionaire, egotic athlet stars to Becky?

I don't think a GM will.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-04-2020 at 02:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a legend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he played johnson because Belli was ill ... and Bryn still played too many minutes ... I liked that we won!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How great it feels to say once again “Tim Duncan led the Spurs to a victory.”

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If Pop decides to retire I think Timmy would be perfect to take over for him if he wants it. He has a passion for the game and the smarts, that's all you need to be a good head coach. You have to enjoy and be into the game just as much as the players. Nothing against Becky but Pop must see Timmy's HC potential.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think she or any woman will ever coach in the NBA.

That's not a matter of competences or knowledge and we know Becky is filled with them but imagine you're a GM and consider Becky as a coach... Think longer with all the ins and outs and you'll probably conclude that can't do it, which Pop and RC did...

That's one thing to coach for a few games a bunch of obeying, docile rookies and no name wannabees in summer league, that's another to coach day in day out male NBA star or superstar millionaires.

At the end of the day men are men, women women and guys don't react the same way with a woman, either by mysoginy or on the contrary to protect her. There are a lot of things going on in a team's life and players won't act and react as naturally with a woman as head coach, even unconsciously.

I don't see Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Kawhi, LMA or whoever being really receptive or impressed by a Becky's rant or yelling at them at half time, on the bench or in practice as I don't see them follow her lead... Players and coaches may clash too sometimes, which can be sane but players wouldn't as naturally air it out with a female coach. How would she deal with players clashing or fighting too?

There's a lot of testosterone and psycholgy going on between a coach and players, a mix of "bro" codes or father figure depending, that need to be there for players to accept the coach leadership then form a "team" they all belong to. That won't exist with a woman that will never really belong to the group no matter what and will stay external. You can't fight nature.
    That exclusion would physically manifest by her absence from the locker room where a lot of things are playing, for the most part... "Beware guys, towels on... Coach Becky wants to get in... I don't see her knocking at a player's hotel room on the road to talk either...

imagine you're an NBA GM and you have to pick a coach... All things considered, do you really give your team filled with 7 foot, male, 20-30 millionaire, egotic athlet stars to Becky?

I don't think a GM will.
    I wonder it's like being inside your mind, where all these NBA players are happily falling into line and playing hard for their male coaches...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-playoff-push

...nodding politely as they're being yelled at or called names...

...naturally "airing it out"...

...breaking up on-court fights...

...or locker room fights...

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/san-anton...m-naked-fight/

Yes it all makes sense that only a man can lead men. It isn't like people are people and have different ways of dealing with people, or that men could appreciate having a female manager that builds them up and leads them to success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    premature thread, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 against the 21-40 Hornets. He's the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 against the 21-40 Hornets. He's the best
    the 26-34 Spurs....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wants it he should be the next HC, he's owed whatever he wants from this franchise forever as far as I'm concerned. If Becky and her people can't understand that, well that's on them.

I wonder if he would have played Keldon if Belli wasn't out. Anyways he looked good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see Tim as the new HC but, we better replace Wright with someone who has some competence if Timmy wants to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Timmy being the main anchor on the Best Defensive Spurs Teams that we've had, i truly believe that would be his main mantra if he were coach. The players playing better D will get more minutes. A guy like Forbes who can only hope to trip a guy on the way to the basket without the refs noticing would be left out of the starting lineup in place of either Walker/White or even K Johnson depending on the lineup situation.

I would love for Tim to coach but in my gut I still get the feeling that this asst coaching stint with the spurs is just temporary and he has no desire to be full time head coach. I hope im wrong though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Unleashed Keldon Johnson. Even had the cojones to give him fourth quarter minutes.

-Ran a couple plays for Lonnie Walker IV.

-Recognized that Rudy Gay is a center in today's NBA and DeMar DeRozan is a power forward.

-Didn't go to the Patty Mills well over and over again late in the game.

-Never panicked and, correspondingly, team never panicked.

Just needs to play White more ... but that was impressive for TD's first try
    All of the above, plus he unleashed Forbes (15 critical points, 2d most on the team) and still had minutes for KJ and Walker.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the above, plus he unleashed Forbes (15 critical points, 2d most on the team) and still had minutes for KJ and Walker.

Unleashed Forbes.
    Because Forbes has been kept under wraps all season.
    Tim's secret weapon is a traffic cone that shoots 3's.

For a mere mortal, you have a wicked sense of humor.

Thread Information