Page 453 of 491 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan2k5 would offer his wife to Kawhi and then go defend him for in her. No surprises here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen Brother

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Small sample size and all that but damn.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was my favorite player, combined with the recent moves the FO has been doing... Of COURSE I'm pissed... And they didn't "just ask him to play"... They publicly threw him under the bus because they didn't believe him... All because they were so desperate to give Manu and Parker one last deep championship run... They chose the legacy of their old guys over the health of their new star... And didn't back him up when he felt like his body wasn't right

Why do u think so many former stars took Kawhi's side? They ALL had horror stories of doctors clearing players when they weren't healthy... That same year they cleared green to play when he still had issues, and they had Gasol playing with a broken foot...

U have to give ur star the benefit of the doubt if they say they don't feel right... And it's not like he went to Toronto the following year and showed anything different... He was CLEARLY hurt... In a contract year... No player would want the perception to be that he has a serious injury in a contract year... That's indication that he actually was feeling too much pain to play comfortably on a consistent basis... During his 9 games there were ppl on here saying he may have been brought back too soon...

So naturally if u throw ur star under the bus publicly, then refuse to give him the supermax after throwing money at patty, Gasol and LMA (remember all was good until reports came that then refusing to give supermax was the last straw... During that off season, the media were all reporting that Kawhi would sign back to the Spurs before the supermax debacle) he is gonna say " it then... I wanna go home"

Too many assumptions, particularly in nephews favor. Spurs are known for NOT dealing with players through the media. When Pop said, “you’ll have to ask his camp”, that is when it was evident that Kawhi was done communicating with spurs... only then did thing become more public and even to this day, Pop hasn’t thrown him under the bus. Your stance is so flawed. If you really want to defend Kawhi, you HAVE to concede on a few things. You have absolutely no credibility. You just sound like an 11 year old homer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're filling in too many holes. It was common knowledge that the Spurs wanted to rule Leonard out for the season but Leonard's camp refused. That's why game by game he was DNP Injury Management.
    Yes... Because Kawhi genuinely wanted to come back... Or else he would have said he wanted out... There was nothing to gain by pretending he was coming back... But by the way the Spurs handled the situation... He said " it"... Kawhi nor his camp ever said anything publicly... If it were reversed and the Spurs were quiet while Kawhi and everyone associated with him were bashing them, yall would call him classless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that usage rate is ugly. Even lebon highest rate is 33. George return should help lower that.

loveforthegame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many assumptions, particularly in nephews favor. Spurs are known for NOT dealing with players through the media. When Pop said, “you’ll have to ask his camp”, that is when it was evident that Kawhi was done communicating with spurs... only then did thing become more public and even to this day, Pop hasn’t thrown him under the bus. Your stance is so flawed. If you really want to defend Kawhi, you HAVE to concede on a few things. You have absolutely no credibility. You just sound like an 11 year old homer.
    EVERYONE took it as pop throwing shots instead of standing up for his star player and saying Kawhi is taking his time (which he clearly was, since his very next season he was still visibly injured) ...

Manu and Parker throwing shots... Bowen throwing shots, Robinson throwing shots... Let's stop pretending as if while it was happening we weren't looking at it as such... The Spurs are so glorious in yall eyes... They could call ur mother a b*tch and u might agree with them

They put their loyalty to Manu and Parker over Kawhi... Period... They gambled and lost... Pop went as far as to needlessly say Kawhi isn't a leader long after he left the team... Imagine if Kawhi needlessly said pop wasn't a good leader long after he left the Spurs... Yall would Bash him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that usage rate is ugly. Even lebon highest rate is 33. George return should help lower that.

loveforthegame
    Have u seen nba stars usage rates lately? I think hardens was in the 40s last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have u seen nba stars usage rates lately? I think hardens was in the 40s last year
    Harden is a loser and a fraud for a reason. Stat padder extrodinaire

Robble robble your title? TheSpurglar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EVERYONE took it as pop throwing shots
    At Kawhi's camp. Not Kawhi.

instead of standing up for his star player and saying Kawhi is taking his time (which he clearly was, since his very next season he was still visibly injured) ...
    Is Pop supposed to be a soothsayer now? He answered a question he was asked in the moment. He didn't have the information because Kawhi's camp was withholding it. Thus, his answer.

Manu and Parker throwing shots... Bowen throwing shots, Robinson throwing shots... Let's stop pretending as if while it was happening we weren't looking at it as such... The Spurs are so glorious in yall eyes... They could call ur mother a b*tch and u might agree with them
    And clearly Kawhi could get down with your mother and you'd still be slurping. Manu saying, "We have to stop believing the media and move on as if he's not coming back." is a shot? Explain how.

Parker's quote could be considered a shot, though pretty sure he clarified it and apologized. But as multiple people have stated, if that was all it took for Kawhi not to re-sign then he was already leaving (which he clearly was, since his very next season he left a championship Raptors team... see how that works?)

They put their loyalty to Manu and Parker over Kawhi... Period... They gambled and lost... Pop went as far as to needlessly say Kawhi isn't a leader long after he left the team... Imagine if Kawhi needlessly said pop wasn't a good leader long after he left the Spurs... Yall would Bash him...
    Pop didn't say it in a vacuum, he was asked a question. Pretty sure the question was whether he was a leader while on the Spurs, also. And Pop just said, "Not really." Because he wasn't at that time. This is why you have no credibility. You gloss over things Kawhi and his camp did, and blow things Pop and the Spurs did out of proportion. Slurrrrrrp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His d-bag status is rising. He's trying to trademark "What it do baby," a phrase I've heard players (and others) saying since 2003.
    And trying to trademark "city views over interviews" -- has he ever even said that? I get it, he's trying to make clothing lines and avoid the issue he had with the Klaw logo, but... It's like LeBron and Taco Tuesday all over again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His d-bag status is rising. He's trying to trademark "What it do baby," a phrase I've heard players (and others) saying since 2003.
    And trying to trademark "city views over interviews" -- has he ever even said that? I get it, he's trying to make clothing lines and avoid the issue he had with the Klaw logo, but... It's like LeBron and Taco Tuesday all over again.
    lmao might as well hire Paul Wall. He been saying What it do Baby since 2005 lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was my favorite player, combined with the recent moves the FO has been doing... Of COURSE I'm pissed... And they didn't "just ask him to play"... They publicly threw him under the bus because they didn't believe him... All because they were so desperate to give Manu and Parker one last deep championship run... They chose the legacy of their old guys over the health of their new star... And didn't back him up when he felt like his body wasn't right

Why do u think so many former stars took Kawhi's side? They ALL had horror stories of doctors clearing players when they weren't healthy... That same year they cleared green to play when he still had issues, and they had Gasol playing with a broken foot...

U have to give ur star the benefit of the doubt if they say they don't feel right... And it's not like he went to Toronto the following year and showed anything different... He was CLEARLY hurt... In a contract year... No player would want the perception to be that he has a serious injury in a contract year... That's indication that he actually was feeling too much pain to play comfortably on a consistent basis... During his 9 games there were ppl on here saying he may have been brought back too soon...

So naturally if u throw ur star under the bus publicly, then refuse to give him the supermax after throwing money at patty, Gasol and LMA (remember all was good until reports came that then refusing to give supermax was the last straw... During that off season, the media were all reporting that Kawhi would sign back to the Spurs before the supermax debacle) he is gonna say " it then... I wanna go home"

He lost the faith and the trust of his team-mates other than Danny, who is a suck up that was carrying his bags at that point. The team believed that he pussied out and quit on them. He is lucky Duncan was not around when this went down. It would have been 10 times worse. Tim would have given that idiot ZERO respect for refusing to man the up. Had Number 2 pulled that in Toronto it would have been the same result. The team would have hated him.. He is in LA now with massive expectations. Watch him even try that in LA, and see what happens. The team, media, the fans will ing eat him alive.. You talk about "Spin". The truth is this bag quit on the Spurs. He did it because he wanted to be traded to the Lakers.. When that did NOT happen he had no choice but to suck it up for 1 year in Toronto. They showered him with love and affection winning a le, and he gave ZERO s. He used them in FA to get the Clippers to better their team. This dude is a robot and a diva. him.. He will hear BOOOOO!!! for the rest of his career when he visits SA. And he earned that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This subject is a hill duncan2k5 will die on. I would just forget about it and move on. This dude has no joy with the Spurs and someday maybe he will realize that hes wasted his energy defending that bag on this forum. It will probably take years though.
    You know what Timmy is my Fav player of all time. During the heyday with the Spurs there is no athlete I loved more.. But had he pulled this BS and left the team, I would have been forced to see the light. Move on and support other Spurs. Leonard is not worthy of any Spurs fan love anymore. He more than earned the Boos..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes... Because Kawhi genuinely wanted to come back... Or else he would have said he wanted out... There was nothing to gain by pretending he was coming back... But by the way the Spurs handled the situation... He said " it"... Kawhi nor his camp ever said anything publicly... If it were reversed and the Spurs were quiet while Kawhi and everyone associated with him were bashing them, yall would call him classless
    You don't think the Spurs were just reacting to Leonard's group? All leaks were that Leonard's group was in contact with Spurs but not Leonard. And that one time when Spurs staff went to see him in NY, his group hid him. The Spurs were trying to compete and their franchise player wasn't reporting to training. Only for the photo shoot he turned up. Uncle getting upset over Parkers comments was a desperate attempt for them to create a narrative. When Uncle requested the trade, the Spurs couldn't contact him. He was avoiding the exit meeting which he had a contract obligation to meet. Pop and Timmy flew to NY and Leonard wasn't there. Then they flew to San Diego.

The Spurs biggest mistake was not making the trade on or just after draft day, because all off season decisions were made based on the fact Leonard and Green were in the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were the only ones saying anything publicly... They handled the situation poorly and we all know if Kawhi or his camp were the ones being public and taking shots at a quiet spurs, we would Bash them...

There were reports that Kawhi's ppl were frustrated because they felt like they were being upfront with the Spurs because in front their face the Spurs would say they understand and support Kawhi, then the next day they would see them taking shots in the media...

Kawhi didn't quit on the team... He was injured... That was very clear when he went to Toronto... He had every reason to shut it down if his intention was to not get hurt for the next team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were the only ones saying anything publicly... They handled the situation poorly and we all know if Kawhi or his camp were the ones being public and taking shots at a quiet spurs, we would Bash them...

There were reports that Kawhi's ppl were frustrated because they felt like they were being upfront with the Spurs because in front their face the Spurs would say they understand and support Kawhi, then the next day they would see them taking shots in the media...

Kawhi didn't quit on the team... He was injured... That was very clear when he went to Toronto... He had every reason to shut it down if his intention was to not get hurt for the next team
    That's not how it went down. Spurs diagnosed Leonard's injury. He was unhappy with the diagnosis as he was receiving pain the day after a game. He asked for a second opinion and the Spurs let him go. Spurs announced Leonard was out indefinitely. 7 second opinions later, Leonard finds the a doctor his is happy with and start rehabbing. Uncle does not update Spurs enough, hence why Spurs were announcing Leonard out day by day.

It was coming up towards the end of the season and the Spurs asked the group if they can announced Leonard out for the season. The group say no. That's why by the end of the season, Pop and the players were being snarky. 'Will Leonard be back for the playoffs?' asked a reporter. 'You will need to asking his group that,' said Pop.

Remember Leonard was listed out game by game going to the last week of the regular season. If anything, Spurs were too kind with Leonard's group and should take more ownership of their max player.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

shut up already got

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To be fair, he only applied for these after they denied his request to trademark the word "Uhhhhh".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic Uncle Dennisry

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Leonard with another ho-hum performance.

30pts, 7rbs, 6as, 2stls, 3blks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips will be on the 2nd of a back to back when we play them Thursday. Does that mean load management for Load Management? That'll be very interesting to see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is still a thing, kill it already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard with another ho-hum performance.

30pts, 7rbs, 6as, 2stls, 3blks

The game was already out of reach in the 4th when the Clips were up 20 and Kawhi was still in. Dude was stat padding

Thread Information