My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moe Wagner appears to lose consciousness?

Moe did a mini Horry Hip check to Killian Hayes who retaliates.

Did Moe's getting whiplashed by a Piston cause a brief feint or was he already passing out?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He was punched in the back of the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was punched in the back of the head.
    After the whiplash by Diablo but before the punch in the back of the head.....

Check it. Looks like he is already losing steam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players are in trouble. There were almost 300 fans in the stands who can act as witnesses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moe Wagner appears to lose consciousness?

Moe did a mini Horry Hip check to Killian Hayes who retaliates.
    Looked like more of a shove to me.

Did Moe's getting whiplashed by a Piston cause a brief feint or was he already passing out?
    Seems like he was passing out from the Diallo's elbow to the back, dude was just standing still after that, then the back of head hit finished him off. Don't feel too sorry for Wagner, that shove instigated this, and in general he seems to be a player that talks all the time as well as do dirty stuff, but still, that was really dangerous by Hayes. All three should be suspended, Hayes for the most games.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    III

If this is a mini Malice, then Isaiah Stewart with an enraged bloody face WWEing security guards and teammates in order to get to LeBron was surely a mini Malice as well last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    III

If this is a mini Malice, then Isaiah Stewart with an enraged bloody face WWEing security guards and teammates in order to get to LeBron was surely a mini Malice as well last year.
    Announcer
    Do not move!

If you leave your seat you WILL be arrested.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    punches to the back of the head/neck are forbidden in fighting sports. This moron should be suspended until the end of the season without pay, even if both of the Wagners are pieces of .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    #7 flopped. Then threw a cheap strike.

What a coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #7 flopped. Then threw a cheap strike.

What a coward.
    Yes agree. While Wagner did shove, it wasn't a huge shove and 7 played it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are both Wagners into cheap shots? I have not seen Orlando play very much at all.

That situation escalated very quickly - it was almost an actual fight/brawl, which is not common in the NBA over the last 10 or 15 years.

Wasn't the Indiana-Detroit fight from around 2007 (Malice in the Palace) with SJax?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except, the Pistons actually don't play at the Palace anymore. They play at Detroit now not some other more central part of Michigan which had the Palace.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Are both Wagners into cheap shots? I have not seen Orlando play very much at all.

That situation escalated very quickly - it was almost an actual fight/brawl, which is not common in the NBA over the last 10 or 15 years.

Wasn't the Indiana-Detroit fight from around 2007 (Malice in the Palace) with SJax?
    I live in Detroit and am also a Michigan alum so I follow the UM basketball team. Neither Wagner is intentionally dirty imo. However, they play with the type effort and intensity that can sometimes be mistaken for carelessness or even recklessness. So, they may not intend to hurt you. But if as part of them playing hard, an opponent might get hurt along the way, then it is what it is to them. Mo, especially in college, was viewed as a guy by opposing players and opposing fans as dirty. But I always looked at it as him playing hard, but certainly walking the line of recklessness.

The shove in and of itself didn’t look so bad. Not innocent, but not him two hand, full arm extension push to the ground. But it’s like Zaza and Kawhi. Might not look that bad, but when a guy is vulnerable jumping or running full speed, something that doesn’t seem like much all of a sudden can do some serious damage. Like someone jumping for a rebound, and you just slightly nudge him in the back and he lands awkwardly.

I’d say Hayes overreacted. But in the heat of a game, when you think the other guy intentionally tried to hurt you, I get it.

Except, the Pistons actually don't play at the Palace anymore. They play at Detroit now not some other more central part of Michigan which had the Palace.
    Little Caesar’s Arena in downtown Detroit.

It’s the Red Wings hockey stadium. Pistons owner Gores got in on the stadium as a leaser after plans were already drawn up, and after construction and building had already begun. Unless you’re on the floor and lower section or in the north club section balcony area, it’s a ty stadium to watch basketball live. The upper floors were built for hockey fans to be right on top of the ice. So the upper deck seats emphasize a steep angle over comfort. If you’re on the third floor, it sucks watching basketball.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brother that's assault

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little Caesar’s Arena in downtown Detroit.

It’s the Red Wings hockey stadium. Pistons owner Gores got in on the stadium as a leaser after plans were already drawn up, and after construction and building had already begun. Unless you’re on the floor and lower section or in the north club section balcony area, it’s a ty stadium to watch basketball live. The upper floors were built for hockey fans to be right on top of the ice. So the upper deck seats emphasize a steep angle over comfort. If you’re on the third floor, it sucks watching basketball.
    Yeah, I don't understand why they had this sudden urge to move downtown when they'd been playing in Oakland County since forever, from the fab 5 defense era to all the way back to the Bad Boys... literally their heritage is in Oakland County and yet they inexplicably move downtown to a worse venue. Why???

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't understand why they had this sudden urge to move downtown when they'd been playing in Oakland County since forever, from the fab 5 defense era to all the way back to the Bad Boys... literally their heritage is in Oakland County and yet they inexplicably move downtown to a worse venue. Why???
    Not a simple, one reason answer. There a lot of layers behind the move and the history behind the Palace.

I will say this. Downtown Detroit had long suffered probably around a decade plus with residents leaving the city for the suburbs or for different states altogether. And with that, businesses left too, which led to not only abandoned housing in the city proper, but abandoned office buildings that sat for years. With that, vandalism and crime rose. In the mid 2010s, guys like Dan Gilbert and businesses like Google tried to invest money into downtown Detroit to rejuvenate business and attract residents. That’s part of what Little Caesar’s would help with, a brand new sports venue right in the middle of it all, which also would help with the restaurant and retail store businesses around it. Bringing the Pistons back downtown was a move to bring the Pistons back home, to the City, a city that was trying to get back on its feet and start to thrive again.

As for the Palace of Auburn Hills, you also have to realize what it represented to Detroit and Pistons fans. The Palace was roughly a 45 minute freeway drive north of Detroit, near the richer suburbs of Oakland county. The Birminghams, Beverly Hills, Rochester Hills. Those cities represent the 2%ers in metro Detroit. Bill Davidson moved the Pistons right when they were a championship contending team and right before they won les, away from the blue color working people of Detroit to the rich, white, well-to-dos in the suburbs. Now it was Bill Davidson’s team. And he had every right to do it. And he paid for it all. Didn’t take one red cent from any local city fund, any government assistance, any taxpayer dollars. He paid for everything. So it’s tough to say he shouldn’t have done it. But the move represented a divide between the haves and the have-nots, and ultimately a racial divide. That’s part of the heritage of the Palace too.

Beyond that, the Palace was in the middle of ing nowhere. There was one popular bar called the Post across the street, which would always be packed before and after games. Other than that and a McDonald’s, there was nothing and nowhere to go to for a drink or for food within a 30 minute walking distance. So if you go to a Pistons game, you go to the game and go home. Great looking arena for its time, all the bells and whistles for its time, completely paid for by the owner, right in the middle of butt ing Egypt. You don’t create community without having the ability to socialize before and after the game. No outside restaurants or bars. No district to walk around. No independent retail vendors to shop. No scenic area or attractions to linger around and shoot the with people.

The Palace was cool. A nice arena. But it wasn’t Detroit. It was actually a terror of a time to leave after games because everyone left at the same time to go home because there was nowhere to hang out and chill and traffic was dumb chaotic leaving their parking lot. I got problems with Little Caesar’s arena watching Pistons games there. But has nothing to do with it being back in Detroit. And there are now a bunch of great options to eat, there are places to walk around and hang out before and after, and downtown Detroit actually looks alive at night again.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Two nobody teams trying to generate some interest in their respective regions.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not a simple, one reason answer. There a lot of layers behind the move and the history behind the Palace.

I will say this. Downtown Detroit had long suffered probably around a decade plus with residents leaving the city for the suburbs or for different states altogether. And with that, businesses left too, which led to not only abandoned housing in the city proper, but abandoned office buildings that sat for years. With that, vandalism and crime rose. In the mid 2010s, guys like Dan Gilbert and businesses like Google tried to invest money into downtown Detroit to rejuvenate business and attract residents. That’s part of what Little Caesar’s would help with, a brand new sports venue right in the middle of it all, which also would help with the restaurant and retail store businesses around it. Bringing the Pistons back downtown was a move to bring the Pistons back home, to the City, a city that was trying to get back on its feet and start to thrive again.

As for the Palace of Auburn Hills, you also have to realize what it represented to Detroit and Pistons fans. The Palace was roughly a 45 minute freeway drive north of Detroit, near the richer suburbs of Oakland county. The Birminghams, Beverly Hills, Rochester Hills. Those cities represent the 2%ers in metro Detroit. Bill Davidson moved the Pistons right when they were a championship contending team and right before they won les, away from the blue color working people of Detroit to the rich, white, well-to-dos in the suburbs. Now it was Bill Davidson’s team. And he had every right to do it. And he paid for it all. Didn’t take one red cent from any local city fund, any government assistance, any taxpayer dollars. He paid for everything. So it’s tough to say he shouldn’t have done it. But the move represented a divide between the haves and the have-nots, and ultimately a racial divide. That’s part of the heritage of the Palace too.

Beyond that, the Palace was in the middle of ing nowhere. There was one popular bar called the Post across the street, which would always be packed before and after games. Other than that and a McDonald’s, there was nothing and nowhere to go to for a drink or for food within a 30 minute walking distance. So if you go to a Pistons game, you go to the game and go home. Great looking arena for its time, all the bells and whistles for its time, completely paid for by the owner, right in the middle of butt ing Egypt. You don’t create community without having the ability to socialize before and after the game. No outside restaurants or bars. No district to walk around. No independent retail vendors to shop. No scenic area or attractions to linger around and shoot the with people.

The Palace was cool. A nice arena. But it wasn’t Detroit. It was actually a terror of a time to leave after games because everyone left at the same time to go home because there was nowhere to hang out and chill and traffic was dumb chaotic leaving their parking lot. I got problems with Little Caesar’s arena watching Pistons games there. But has nothing to do with it being back in Detroit. And there are now a bunch of great options to eat, there are places to walk around and hang out before and after, and downtown Detroit actually looks alive at night again.
    Great post tough loss but good game by UM vs TCU.
    That QB was iffy and not having Corum hurt …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I used to work at half a mile of the palace tbh... for me at that time it was a great location...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the real Malice was so wild to watch on local TV. I was living in an area that had Pistons games luve. Stack5 is a top 20 Spur of all time.

We need more of these incidences in life to keep ppl humble.

Thread Information