Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Cavs have too much length, defense, and rebounding for the Spurs in the post...and too much length and interchangable roles from the perimeter (including the X factor, LBJ). Bowen doesn't consider LBJ in MJ's realm but he's gonna get more than he ever wanted of "LJ" in this series. "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I vote to create a thread for all cavs fans to post their BS predictions in. If they post their crap outside of it, it should be locked/deleted.

-Mars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs have too much length, defense, and rebounding for the Spurs in the post...and too much length and interchangable roles from the perimeter (including the X factor, LBJ). Bowen doesn't consider LBJ in MJ's realm but he's gonna get more than he ever wanted of "LJ" in this series. "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.
    Huwah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can cav fans read the other threads before posting new thread

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We heard the same thing about Utah. Maybe the Cavs can keep the similarities going by fishing at the same lake in a few weeks.

For the few stretches that Sheed was focused and bothered to actually attack the rim from the post instead of camping out on the three point line he looked damn good. Now picture Sheed minus the headband and with enough mental toughness not to get kicked out of a game because Sideshow Bob flopped his way to a call. The picture should look something like Tim Duncan destroying the pack of bags you guys call a front court.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be a long week.

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Best offensive rebounding team in the NBA.....Z's gonna plant down and use his length to slow duncan. The bulk of your scoring doesn't come from the post and duncan anyways.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the Cavs can "win in 7", they have to actually play 7 games....

Look for this to be over in 5......

I want all you Cav fans to get on your "Witness" shirts, because you are fixin to WITNESS what a great "TEAM" is all about.

Your "one pony act" ain't gonna cut it.

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You gonna double and triple team that pony or let him drive right around bowen AND get your bigs in foul trouble?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best offensive rebounding team in the NBA.....Z's gonna plant down and use his length to slow duncan. The bulk of your scoring doesn't come from the post and duncan anyways.......
    So you think offensive rebounding is going to be the difference in the series? Good to see that you've already adjusted to the idea that you're gonna be missing a lot of first shots. The Cavs had a poor FG% against >.500 teams this year. It will be worse against the Spurs.

For the record....Parker and Ginobili are going to be coming after Frankenstein in the paint. I've noticed that he doesn't get too many offensive boards from the bench.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Before the Cavs can "win in 7", they have to actually play 7 games....

Look for this to be over in 5......

I want all you Cav fans to get on your "Witness" shirts, because you are fixin to WITNESS what a great "TEAM" is all about.

Your "one pony act" ain't gonna cut it.
    actually, witness is for last year....

this year, it is "rise up".....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gonna double and triple team that pony or let him drive right around bowen AND get your bigs in foul trouble?

No, because that's just dumb (although it's tempting, given how streaky the rest of your team is with the shooting). Our bigs are used to defending the paint and (apart from the well-intentioned Elson), are able to guard and deny penetration and block shots.

I'd be much more concerned about what big Z is gonna contribute from the bench. The directive hasn't changed from playing against the DPOY in Camby, playing the beast in Amare, and playing Okur and Boozer in the conference finals. Drive in. Score in the paint. Get inside and get the offense going. Spread the floor with jumpshots so they can't pack the lane. Big Z is headed for the bench with foul trouble and I'm not sure what you plan to do about our mulitple threats, both inside and outside.

As far as rebonding goes, well, I won't lie, it's been a concern in the past. But as the Utah series showed - if they focus, and play hard, they can outrebound one of the best rebounding frontcourts in the league. If the Spurs are good at one thing, it's denying on D.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look....Detroit proved in game 6 that you can make him give up the dribble and try to pass out.

That's exactly what I look for the Spurs to do. Can't beat you if he don't have the ball in his hands.

And don't think your "one night wonder", Boobie is gonna kill the Spurs.

They stay on 3 point shooters like stink on .

Just ask Phoenix

Boobie will be back to his normal 4 points a contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be no double or triple team on him. Maybe it will be good for you to see your chosen one going the Darth Vader way at the end of the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs . "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.
    You're right Tim Duncan WILL be awesome!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are so sure the Cadavers will win why not just say it will be a sweep since they are soooooo dominantn in every area?

These Cav troll have got to be the worst yet.

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you kidding me? if camby, nene, kurt thomas, boozer and okur couldn't slow down timmy, how in the is the slow and weak Z gonna do it. timmy is gonna drive the ball down his throat because he is too slow and too weak to stop him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know funny.....and you're not.

Nope, Not A Chance BreezeHillBill's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lurch=Z

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information