Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 1 is very obvious if you've cared to watch any games the last couple years.

1. Playoff Kawhi is just in a different universe right now

Big Gap

2. Frauden consistently competing against the supposed "best" teams with significantly weaker personnel. Warriors and Now lakers.

Big Gap

3. Lebron
    4. Luka
    5. Giannis

Enough with the nonsense casual take of

"Top 5 is interchangeable"

Ofcourse next season, Steph and KD can easily comeback and I suspect Durant and Kawhi will be the best players in the NBA with frauden just behind them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi
    Tatum
    Leborn
    Harden
    Doncic

Wasn't it you who posted that medical article about players fresh off a major tissue injury needing a minimum of two seasons to even approach their prior production. I kinda believe that since it tallies w/ the eye test. Porzingis 1st year from an ACL doesn't look half of what he was in NYC. Bearish on Durant worldbeater come back on year 1 for this reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi
    Tatum
    Leborn
    Harden
    Doncic

Wasn't it you who posted that medical article about players fresh off a major tissue injury needing a minimum of two seasons to even approach their prior production. I kinda believe that since it tallies w/ the eye test. Porzingis 1st year from an ACL doesn't look half of what he was in NYC. Bearish on Durant worldbeater come back on year 1 for this reason.
    Durant could make next year interesting at least. If Giannis stays and rots with the Bucks, I don't think anyone can make it interesting against a kawhi team..

Giannis playing with a great team, durant returning and gelling with kyrie...

Should be a fun season.

Otjherwise a healthy clippers team wins another boring tle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant could make next year interesting at least. If Giannis stays and rots with the Bucks, I don't think anyone can make it interesting against a kawhi team..

Giannis playing with a great team, durant returning and gelling with kyrie...

Should be a fun season.

Otjherwise a healthy clippers team wins another boring tle.

Next year the east is going to be a threeway slugfest between the Cs, Brooklyn & Miami, assuming Attemptafreethrow doesn't demand a trade & meekly waits for his contract to finish.

In the west, obvious challengers are the Mavs & one of GS, Denver & Portland depending on whether one of these franchises add Beal or Jrue to their rosters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying Harden is the second best player on the planet, but he's still a "fraud?" That seems like a narrative driven take if ever there was one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will be interesting next year if Klay can bounce back from injury especially with that #2 pick.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kawhi
    LeBron
    Luka
    Curry
    Giannis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying Harden is the second best player on the planet, but he's still a "fraud?" That seems like a narrative driven take if ever there was one.
    Just a choker but still one of the most compe ive players today. and if anything Frauden is never rated that high despite being one of the best the last 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew
    Antetokounmpo
    Harden
    LeBron
    Lollard

HM: Doncic

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Jokic
    Anthony Davis
    Joel Embiid
    KAT
    Vucevic

Duncan would clearly still be the best or second best player in the league today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic
    Anthony Davis
    Joel Embiid
    KAT
    Vucevic

Duncan would clearly still be the best or second best player in the league today.
    To be fair I think if Jabbar,Olajuwon came out today they would also be the best or second best. So yeah any skilled big man with a back to the basket game like Jabbar-Olajuwon-Duncan would be in the running to be the best player in the league.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Skilled big man with back to the baker game... so Jermaine O’Neal, Carlos Boozer would be in the running for best player in the league too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skilled big man with back to the baker game... so Jermaine O’Neal, Carlos Boozer would be in the running for best player in the league too?
    Was Jermaine Oneal and Boozer as good as Duncan-Jabbar-Olajuwon?

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Harden, Kawhi, Giannis, LJ, Doncic

NFL: Mahomes, Lamar, Wilson, Deshaun, Dak

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    In the low post, as skilled back to the basket players, yeah, pretty close. Boozer especially.

What separates guys like Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan from them wasn’t their back to the basket skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a choker but still one of the most compe ive players today. and if anything Frauden is never rated that high despite being one of the best the last 3 years
    He finished second, first, and second in the last three MVP votes. I'd say that's a pretty consistently high rating over three years. Your way of looking at players is so contrarian. On the one hand, he's "never rated high enough," and he's the second best player on the planet, but also he's a fraud and a choker. Ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the low post, as skilled back to the basket players, yeah, pretty close. Boozer especially.

What separates guys like Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan from them wasn’t their back to the basket skills.
    wait you think carlos boozer in the low post was pretty close in skill to hakeem or duncan?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    wait you think carlos boozer in the low post was pretty close in skill to hakeem or duncan?
    Effectiveness, efficiency, sure.

I actually think Hakeem in the low post is way better than anyone ever, including Duncan. But it’s about putting the ball in the basket and scoring. Boozer didn’t have quite the moves Hakeem had. But give him the ball in the post with his back to the basket, and he’ll score at a pretty efficient clip.

Scoring in the low post is not the major differentiating factor between Boozer and those greats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaHype James 3-8 When it counts most
    DaQuit Davis - no significant playoff moments but a stat king
    Bam Bam outplaying pseudo DVP/2x MVP
    Tatum perhaps most underrated player in NBA
    Butler surprising critics and showing heart

All time is that while Hakeem outplayed DR after MVP season but Robinson also had fine stats despite no help and being often triple team but narrative is DR stunk - reality is Hakeem maybe most skilled offensive big ever and could not miss but DR also got no help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only got 4.
    Whi
    Bron
    Millsy
    Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic
    Anthony Davis
    Joel Embiid
    KAT
    Vucevic

Solid list, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardens the second best player in this league is proof enough for today’s nba.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S bag rested 110 games in 3 years, first unwittingly ended up on the most complete team in the league, then blackmailed his way into doing so elsewhere, has received oodles of opponent injury luck too and now all of a sudden he's beyond reproach?

It's funny, hipster media/fans supposedly despise mid rangers except when it's him shoulder checking some helpless opponent and shooting uncontested ones. Then suddenly they've amazing.

Mr. Tunnel Vision is as tainted as Curry and Durant. They've all cheated themselves and the game and forfeited the right to ever be considered among the true all time greats, who didn't need contrived/pristine cir stances to thrive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S bag rested 110 games in 3 years, first unwittingly ended up on the most complete team in the league, then blackmailed his way into doing so elsewhere, has received oodles of opponent injury luck too and now all of a sudden he's beyond reproach?

It's funny, hipster media/fans supposedly despise mid rangers except when it's him shoulder checking some helpless opponent and shooting uncontested ones. Then suddenly they've amazing.

Mr. Tunnel Vision is as tainted as Curry and Durant. They've all cheated themselves and the game and forfeited the right to ever be considered among the true all time greats, who didn't need contrived/pristine cir stances to thrive.
    His good luck and his good fortune really does remind me of of the good luck and fortunate the Warriors had from 2014-2019.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Thread Information