Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Originally from Belgrade, Serbia. When was 15 my family moved the North of Peru, I stayed more than 25 years in Latin America, mostly in Peru. Then emigrated to Montreal, Canada some 10 years ago.
    It was just Mexico but Messi seemed pretty inspiring today. As much as any other player in football right now.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It was just Mexico but Messi seemed pretty inspiring today. As much as any other player in football right now.
    Mexico was never elite, but is far from bad since long time imo. They need better compe ion than the US and Canada, to get better. Or maybe pump more money in the league to bring better talent and coaching to the MX league.

Argentina used to always dominate Chile, then some finals Copa América happened. Few things are set in stone.

It’s good to see Messi playing great when Argentina must win, maybe this will be the time the team will win another World Cup. There’s a good combination of experience and youth.

Living in Belgrade or Peru is very cool, bth.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Cześć

Group leader checking in.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Originally from Belgrade, Serbia. When was 15 my family moved the North of Peru, I stayed more than 25 years in Latin America, mostly in Peru. Then emigrated to Montreal, Canada some 10 years ago.
    Montreal?
    Well, me too

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Crusaders unite

Polska came into the Middle East.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-28-2022 at 03:50 AM.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argentina used to always dominate Chile, then some finals Copa América happened. Few things are set in stone.
    What happened is that:
    1) Chile had the best generation of players in their history (Arturo Vidal, Alexis Sanchez, Gary Medel, Claudio Bravo, Mena, Marcelo Diaz, Pinilla, Isla, Matías Fernandez, Jara, etc).
    2) Even then, they managed to TIE two games (they didn't beat Argentina in both finals) because of missed chances (Higuain LPMQTP / SOB) and won ON PENALTIES, not on the court.
    3) Argentina still regularly beats Chile after that.
    So basically Chile's success was more of a product of a great generation of players coming together (the one who got 3rd place in U20 2007 in Canada), like it happened for Denmark in 1986, Belgium in 2018, or the Argentina Basketball NT in 2000s and 2010s

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Montreal?
    Well, me too
    When emigrated, was first living in the South Shore till some 3-4 years ago, but was kinda violent there. From there on moved to Montreal, near downtown. Better experience definitely.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    When emigrated, was first living in the South Shore till some 3-4 years ago, but was kinda violent there. From there on moved to Montreal, near downtown. Better experience definitely.
    I live in Old Montreal - used to live downtown (although old mtl is close to downtown)

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Mexico was never elite, but is far from bad since long time imo. They need better compe ion than the US and Canada, to get better. Or maybe pump more money in the league to bring better talent and coaching to the MX league.

It’s good to see Messi playing great when Argentina must win, maybe this will be the time the team will win another World Cup. There’s a good combination of experience and youth.

Living in Belgrade or Peru is very cool, bth.
    It's shocking that Mexico have yet to score a goal this tourney and perhaps it is time to bring more youth in.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Saudi Arabia is a non-factor. Historically, Argentina has been Mexico's daddy and Poland is gonna park the bus and hope Lewandowski pull a goal out of his ass.

Argentina's gonna comfortably finish 1st.
    Honestly, i'm seriously considering putting some money on midget and company to win it all. No, this is not a jynx attempt. I wouldn't waste my money just to jynx midget at the world cup

Argentina's group is a cakewalk and their side of the bracket is also nothing special.

Netherlands are a good team but not contender level imo. The English are chokers and already had their fluke deep run in Euro 2020.

France has been steadily declining since World Cup 2018. Struggling immensely against lesser compe ion these days.

The stars seem aligned for Argentina tbh imho.
    Called everything to a tee. ME.

Was only wrong about Saudi Arabia, but that was Argentina underestimating a weaker opponent more than anything, in an opening game situation.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 12-16-2022 at 11:40 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    fap going the "non issue" route, of course
    Non ing issue.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Best thread jinx ever tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The nerve on FAP, patting himself on the back, when he had Portugal winning it all and showed absolutely no faith in his countrymen

Woke Argentina up. Solidified Alvarez over Lauturo and Solidified Enzo Fernandez.

almost feels scripted. I think if Argentina won, they would have lost in the the quarters with Lauturo up front.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Best thread jinx ever tbh
    Saudi Arabia defeats the WC winners.

A bit early…

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    SA players are the real MVPs

Motivated Argentina for the rest of the tournament
    Messi carried by SA tbh

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    SA players are the real MVPs

Motivated Argentina for the rest of the tournament
    Messi carried by SA tbh
    Still waiting for you to change your profile pic my friend

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Still waiting for you to change your profile pic my friend

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You're pure class

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Now we only need timvp to update that AFA skin.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Now we only need timvp to update that AFA skin.
    3rd star with an asterisk next to it cuz Mickey Mouse trophy

Thread Information