Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't about bragging, it was about fair is fair (which goes for SAGirl if she infact was first) no matter the source.

This outcome was always far more likely than him putting it all together (which probably meant fringe starter). I didn't love the pick, but for a 19th pick and a team in need of high upside and with multiple 1sts that year, it was far more understandable than Jean-Charles and Milutinov.

Let's face facts though: Take the exact same personality, but have him be Black American and from the inner city and they wouldn't have touched him with a ten foot pole.

This was most likely mutual, but I actually like doing this immediately following that pathetic display last night than dragging this out another week. Can't let the rest of the team see a fringe-non NBA player live to see another day after that.

I'd give Bates-Diop the edge, but it's not a given Aminu is the final cut.
    KBD being two-way eligible means cutting him and then signing up to that last spot might be a viable way to wrap up the off-season. I think Bates-Diop deserves the spot more, but AFA's contract is just so valuable to hold into the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Pop loves the overachiever like Bryn. But some athletes are just naturally gifted. And with the rxception of last night’s game, Luka seemed to have improved from draft day. The kid is big, and have very good skills. How much minutes has he logged in? Enough to dismiss he doesn’t have it? It has to be the at ude. But Bird, MJ, Barkley.. jerks. And like during draft discussions, Spurs don’t draft players with questionable characters. But how many DRob, Timmy, Manu out there?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^sorry, what’s fair? I’m not asking for any credit. In fact, y’all need to stop giving me any credit. Jesus Christ lol. Give it to SaGirl or whoever. Who cares who was first. I guess some people care. Good Lord…
    Don't think I'll go there anymore just wanted to throw a h/t in regards to the timing of it... sorry for all the ppl who fell slighted LUL

We can make a Jerkies award for everyone in that case, just so we can all circle jerk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be awkward when he signs somewhere else, makes the regular rotation, and comes back and drops 25 and 10 at AT&T his first trip back.
    I bet you 150.00 he does not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His at ude last night in the locker room must have been particularly bad to not keep him through the public scrimmage. With the recent camp cuts, injuries to Tre Jones and Jock, plus semi permanent disability for Zollins, they're going to be thin just playing against each other

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I've never openly talked about this on the sub, but I knew Luka was toast when I met him at the Champions Against Hunger dinner right before Covid hit. He came by my table to pour wine with two of the Spurs video guys and complained to me that he wasn't getting any minutes. Valid complaint from his perspective, but not something he should have told a fan (me). I knew then and there that his at ude wasn't where it needed to be and sadly it only became more obvious that he just didn't have the mental for ude to make it work on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This narrative that Pop treats everyone the same is stupid and not true. How many times did he treat Danny like a whipping boy and dramatically pull him for a defensive mistake? Same with Lonnie. Same with Luka. Yet Brent is consistently one of the worst defenders in the league and all he can do is gush about how "yeah he's overmatched physically, but noone tries harder than my Brent".

It was only a matter of time before it rubbed someone the wrong way. And yeah, obviously Luka isn't the strongest mentally so not surprised it was him. Will probably happen more often now that the team isn't a le contender every year like the glory days. I've said for years, that the favoritism/lack of equal treatment would bother the out of me if I was in someone like Luka's or Lonnie's shoes.
    a lot of truth here tbh. patty/forbes/marco would be forgiven for defensive lapses all the time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be awkward when he signs somewhere else, makes the regular rotation, and comes back and drops 25 and 10 at AT&T his first trip back.
    The way things are going with this Spurs front office, this seems inevitable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to say the least. It was obvious to 9/10 people that he was drafted way too high. Hopefully one of these players can pull it together and break through as a true leader for this team. From what I quickly gathered draft wise:
    - Leonard in 2011
    - Dragic who was immediately traded in 2008 and was an “all star” once
    - Tony Parker… in 2001. Yikes haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew this guy was a bust as soon as becky butt slapped him during practice and he acted like a lil girl about it.

Pop and DJ looked at each other like "wtf"...

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Best I can do, sorry for no audio: https://streamable.com/e5gb8l
    everyone bashig him for this play yet none of u said anything about the multiple times a game that gay/derozan literally stood still & made 0 attempt to close out on a 3 point shooter...........their effort was more pathetic in a regular season game than anything in this clip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, can we appreciate that the OP has better sports journalism than 100% of the San Antonio media? Calling out a cut hours before the news broke.
    All credit to Dejounte here but anyone who saw the game last night (or has been paying attention over the last two years) could've seen this coming.

At a certain point, people gotta stop blaming Pop and talking about "potential".

We've seen plenty of players come and go, but they were all given chances. Out of our current crew: Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Vassell, even Eubanks all got the rookie treatment in some aspect, but they all ultimately found their way into the rotation one way or another. Primo and Jones seem well on their way.

Luka, on the other hand, never really proved anything. He had like one decent season in the GLeague, but otherwise the at ude problems that were part of his pre-draft concerns seemed to still follow him.

Obviously his trajectory got a little thrown off by COVID cir stances but that didn't seem to bother others like Johnson, Vassell, or Jones. There must have been some serious red flags behind the scenes that would lead the Spurs to cut his third year short and not even offer a fourth year on a rookie contract.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I knew this guy was a bust as soon as becky butt slapped him during practice and he acted like a lil girl about it.

Pop and DJ looked at each other like "wtf"...
    clip?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^sorry, what’s fair? I’m not asking for any credit. In fact, y’all need to stop giving me any credit. Jesus Christ lol. Give it to SaGirl or whoever. Who cares who was first. I guess some people care. Good Lord…
    That I said this nearly two months ago and that she supposedly said it before even that.

It's not about credit, it's about being chronolgically correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That I said this nearly two months ago and that she supposedly said it before even that.

It's not about credit, it's about being chronolgically correct.
    okay man, you’re correct. Don’t know what else to say here, I’m sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a major overseas reconnaissance failure by the Spurs.

I was on record hoping that the Spurs would pick Keldon at 19. The Spurs got so damn lucky to get him at 29.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a certain point, people gotta stop blaming Pop and talking about "potential".
    tbh... I have done my fair share of critique on Pop, but it seems some assertions are just lazy. Just blame Pop.

I'll definitely blame Pop if he s up. For example, pulling TD against Miami was a major ing error. Anyone of us would have rather lost with TD in.. There's plenty of others etc, but even then, no one's track record is spotless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t be surprised he gets swooped up right away. Mavs have several European players and could be a better situation. I think he gets along with the other Luka.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okay man, you’re correct. Don’t know what else to say here, I’m sorry.
    Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong.

More than likely, no one intentionally did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alfredrick the Great got dumped after one season. LOL missing out on Karl Malone by one pick and getting him instead.
    At least Luka wasnt THAT bad....

I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is next if he doesn't perform consistently he will be traded

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I seen him give up on that steal, I knew he was toast, that was pathetic.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh... I have done my fair share of critique on Pop, but it seems some assertions are just lazy. Just blame Pop.

I'll definitely blame Pop if he s up. For example, pulling TD against Miami was a major ing error. Anyone of us would have rather lost with TD in.. There's plenty of others etc, but even then, no one's track record is spotless.
    Duncan couldn't guard the three point line and Miami was forced to shoot threes. You gonna put Duncan at the rim and just give Miami a wide open three?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is next if he doesn't perform consistently he will be traded
    By that rational White should watch his steps as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never openly talked about this on the sub, but I knew Luka was toast when I met him at the Champions Against Hunger dinner right before Covid hit. He came by my table to pour wine with two of the Spurs video guys and complained to me that he wasn't getting any minutes. Valid complaint from his perspective, but not something he should have told a fan (me). I knew then and there that his at ude wasn't where it needed to be and sadly it only became more obvious that he just didn't have the mental for ude to make it work on this team.
    You must have a tiny penis to constantly try to pat yourself on the back like you do.
    Even about things you haven't done yet has to post with giant font.

Thread Information