Spurs46

Thought you would like this but I'm not sure why

http://kj97.iheart.com/content/2017-...managed_social
    You get me. So much gold there. It probably needs its own thread

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This season was great. By far the best of the bulk.

A location scouting guy working for the show got killed in Mexico while looking for spots to film. Series might be in danger because of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    3 EPS in and Pacho is just so gay its killing the show. I guess Netflix felt the pressure to appeal to the lbgqt community

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    3 EPS in and Pacho is just so gay its killing the show. I guess Netflix felt the pressure to appeal to the lbgqt community
    Calm down Mo. He was gay in real life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    I read that he was just known to act real effeminate, that dance scene in episode 1 was pretty over the top, and the guy they got to play him does not look like the real pacho at all. Why stray so far in likeness with gay pacho when they tried to cast the likeness of every other character as best they could? Cause it wouldn't be pandering to the lgbqt community to cast an old ugly dude to mug out with other dudes in the show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was surprised that Season 6 was out. Never saw anything about it. It's probably because Netflix is my last choice when looking for something to watch.
    It's still very good but in the past, I liked seeing the scenes in Columbia or Mexico. Through 3 episodes, it's very U.S. centric (El Paso). But El Chapo is now a thing.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was surprised that Season 6 was out. Never saw anything about it. It's probably because Netflix is my last choice when looking for something to watch.
    It's still very good but in the past, I liked seeing the scenes in Columbia or Mexico. Through 3 episodes, it's very U.S. centric (El Paso). But El Chapo is now a thing.
    Talking about Narcos Mexico Season 3 I assume? The shootout in Tijuana to Enjoy the Silence was very well done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Talking about Narcos Mexico Season 3 I assume? The shootout in Tijuana to Enjoy the Silence was very well done.
    Yeah...that's it. It's strange because I don't recognize a lot of the songs played on the show. I don't know if they're new songs trying to sound like the 80's/90's or if they're just obscure songs.
    Anyway...that one was a good fit and how they incorporated it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah...that's it. It's strange because I don't recognize a lot of the songs played on the show. I don't know if they're new songs trying to sound like the 80's/90's or if they're just obscure songs.
    Anyway...that one was a good fit and how they incorporated it.
    I assumed it was a mix of US and Mexican pop songs since I have heard little of the latter.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Currently watching it but this series just doesn’t grab me like the main one did. The characters in Narcos Mexico are just dry and bland.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Currently watching it but this series just doesn’t grab me like the main one did. The characters in Narcos Mexico are just dry and bland.
    I definitely get that and agree. At least through three episodes. But it's still well done and better than most things on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    IMO Narcos: Mexico is far more authentic and compelling. They did a much better job casting it, down to the dialects of each plaza (probably admittedly easier for this series).
    Last edited by leemajors; 11-17-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IMO Narcos: Mexico is far more authentic and compelling. They did a much better job casting it, down to the dialects of each plaza (probably admittedly easier for this series).
    Alright. It does pick up after episode 3 so I'm enjoying it a lot more now.

I've already seeing the spanish series of El Chapo so most of what they're doing with him in Narcos I have already seem on El Chapo. The airport shootout was done basically shot for shot between the two series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This turned out to be very good imo. I was disappointed to find out this is the last season.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This turned out to be very good imo. I was disappointed to find out this is the last season.
    Yeah I actually enjoyed it but what the was that last episode? It didn't feel like a season ender let alone series ending. It was super rushed. A lot of the plotpoints were dropped and never paid off.

A solid 7 as a whole.

Thread Information