Smfh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So glad spurs are about winning and going for that record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sad part is, they could’ve made the playoffs this year if Pop would’ve just sat down Bryn sorry excuse for an NBA player Forbes .

But the stubborn old man just won’t. Hate to see a legend go out like this, but he deserves every bit of this garbage season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sad part is, they could’ve made the playoffs this year if Pop would’ve just sat down Bryn sorry excuse for an NBA player Forbes .

But the stubborn old man just won’t. Hate to see a legend go out like this, but he deserves every bit of this garbage season.
    Part of me thinks he knows he's tanking the team's chances and is doing so because of some rift with the brass. No way he's this stupid to keep playing these lineups with all the stats the league has and reviews nowadays.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks he knows he's tanking the team's chances and is doing so because of some rift with the brass. No way he's this stupid to keep playing these lineups with all the stats the league has and reviews nowadays.
    I share your sentiment but the reason for why I think are different. Its about keepimg the business ticking. Pop making it look like they trying to win and get the record playoffs but it's tanking by stealth. The spurs next season willi be better, for fans who turned up, they had a go this season . They need bums on seats . Only the coach and President could get away with it. We all seen the players and rotations. BRYN starting to this day. DJ a makeshift PG still starting. LYLES a true backup forwrd still starting. No major trade or adjusments. Was Pop ever serious about the playoffs this season. So far , everything points to Pops plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Pop's legacy supposedly reaching most coaching staffs and FOs in the league, I'm surprised no one plays ball with us in the trade market. Bud's been the only one to make nice-nice with the Spurs in terms of trades the last few years.

It seems like the league collectively is not feeling any pity towards our recent plight in spite of all the supposed Pop minions out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I share your sentiment but the reason for why I think are different. Its about keepimg the business ticking. Pop making it look like they trying to win and get the record playoffs but it's tanking by stealth. The spurs next season willi be better, for fans who turned up, they had a go this season . They need bums on seats . Only the coach and President could get away with it. We all seen the players and rotations. BRYN starting to this day. DJ a makeshift PG still starting. LYLES a true backup forwrd still starting. No major trade or adjusments. Was Pop ever serious about the playoffs this season. So far , everything points to Pops plan.
    yeah right. And they called Marcus Morris and told him to sign with the Knicks on purpose. Damn you sniffers are really really really dumb

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah right. And they called Marcus Morris and told him to sign with the Knicks on purpose. Damn you sniffers are really really really dumb
    Sniffer haha

So let's look at it since then. They lost Morris and Davis. Have been losingng in the months of October, November and December. Again no major adjusments to talk about and you think he playing to win. Hahaha no worries sucker keep lapping it up.You don't think FO thinking has changed since then? Keep getting played and believing in pop. Dumb

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were a season pass holder or planning on going to games .this is exactly what spurs want you to think.. . Pop got you covered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffer haha

So let's look at it since then. They lost Morris and Davis. Have been losingng in the months of October, November and December. Again no major adjusments to talk about and you think he playing to win. Hahaha no worries sucker keep lapping it up.You don't think FO thinking has changed since then? Keep getting played and believing in pop. Dumb
    what your dumbass is hurt now that I exposed you? They lost and changed starting line ups plenty of time. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you all should make more threads to cry about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Pop's legacy supposedly reaching most coaching staffs and FOs in the league, I'm surprised no one plays ball with us in the trade market. Bud's been the only one to make nice-nice with the Spurs in terms of trades the last few years.

It seems like the league collectively is not feeling any pity towards our recent plight in spite of all the supposed Pop minions out there.
    The league isn't built on pity. Do you think other owners and GMs were happy about being dominated by the Spurs for so many years?

There are probably 26 other teams that would gladly change their last 20 years for ours minus the Lakers, Heat, and maybe Warriors.

Nobody owes us any favors.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what your dumbass is hurt now that I exposed you? They lost and changed starting line ups plenty of time. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    Not at all. Just trying to open your eyes lapdog. Giving me your opinion doesn't expose .

BRYN coming of the bench once isn't plenty. It's just once.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn some people have clearly run out of there bi polar medicine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep getting played and believing in pop
    Pop is the worst head coach in the NBA. He has lost multiple playoff series by not adjusting his line ups. It is enough evidence to understand that he's not good at evaluating talent.
    Additional proof: trading Bertans for nothing, signing Carroll, but not playing him, trading Danny Green to start Bryn Forbes, trading Kawhi Leonard for DeRozan

Again no major adjusments to talk about and you think he playing to win.
    Starting line up at the beginning of the season: Murray/Forbes/DeRozan/Lyles Aldridge
    after a few losses: White/Forbes/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge
    after more losses: White/Forbes/DeRozan/Aldridge/Poeltl
    after even more losses: Murray/Forbes/DeRozan/Lyles/Aldridge

and for one game against the Bucks Walker started in place of Forbes.

Besides that they changed their entire offense and had Aldridge starting to shoot 3s on high volume.

But your blind ass: "No adjustments"

You bum

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the worst head coach in the NBA. He has lost multiple playoff series by not adjusting his line ups. It is enough evidence to understand that he's not good at evaluating talent.
    Additional proof: trading Bertans for nothing, signing Carroll, but not playing him, trading Danny Green to start Bryn Forbes, trading Kawhi Leonard for DeRozan

Starting line up at the beginning of the season: Murray/Forbes/DeRozan/Lyles Aldridge
    after a few losses: White/Forbes/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge
    after more losses: White/Forbes/DeRozan/Aldridge/Poeltl
    after even more losses: Murray/Forbes/DeRozan/Lyles/Aldridge

and for one game against the Bucks Walker started in place of Forbes.

Besides that they changed their entire offense and had Aldridge starting to shoot 3s on high volume.

But your blind ass: "No adjustments"

You bum
    You cant be serious. Thats all window dressing. In fact im starting to rhink you a closit sniffer...hahaha

None of those are major adjusments . He back to same house lineup and they still losing even after pops offensive adjustment where his stars are playing better. Bryn permanently to rhe bench would of been biggest but it lasted 1 game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant be serious. Thats all window dressing. In fact im starting to rhink you a closit sniffer...hahaha

None of those are major adjusments . He back to same house lineup and they still losing even after pops offensive adjustment where his stars are playing better. Bryn permanently to rhe bench would of been biggest but it lasted 1 game.
    and you think all of this is a strategy to just keep losing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a while I thought pop didn't want to risk wearing down / relying too much on white / Murray and that's why Forbes played so much...

At this point I think the most likely scenario is that pop has a serious problem in his relationship with the players and forbes, belinelli etc are part of the pop loyal crew. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that pop wouldn't be able to handle going from the big 3 to lma, ddr and gay. I can't imagine anyone is happy with how this season is going.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and you think all of this is a strategy to just keep losing?
    Tanking. Lowest position if rhey dont make the playoffs. Pop the president looks better , even if pop the coach fails. Point is pop has different reasons for doing things becuase Thats his job. Not just from a coaching standpoint.

If they make playoffs and they gotta ty record that's gamble that pays off . Through draft posi.. considrring it's going to be a 1st round exit

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just part. I think Pop has enmity against these s like IV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league isn't built on pity. Do you think other owners and GMs were happy about being dominated by the Spurs for so many years?

There are probably 26 other teams that would gladly change their last 20 years for ours minus the Lakers, Heat, and maybe Warriors.

Nobody owes us any favors.
    It’s odd though that so many teams can get deals done, while the Spurs repeatedly appear to draw the short straw. It strikes me as the complete opposite of anything resembling a favor. It feels like a concerted effort to keep the Spurs excluded from trade talks...or the FO just isn’t trying to do anything.

The Lakers and Warriors can still be active in the trade market somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking. Lowest position if rhey dont make the playoffs. Pop the president looks better , even if pop the coach fails. Point is pop has different reasons for doing things becuase Thats his job. Not just from a coaching standpoint.

If they make playoffs and they gotta ty record that's gamble that pays off . Through draft posi.. considrring it's going to be a 1st round exit
    in typical spurs fashion they pick the wrong season to tank. this draft is terrible . should've done it last year. should've moved demar before he walks for nothing. should've moved aldridge before his production continues to drop. team has no direction and is a few more losing seasons away from moving to vegas. this was never an issue before poop. dude's about to lose our team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any team or GM could improve their team by trading with the Spurs, then they would. It's just that the Spurs historically don't make trades. We really dont have that much tradeable assets, and the assets we do have we tend to way over value them. Pop and RC are not the risk takers other teams are, and historically have been very conservative on trades.

Thread Information