Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1954
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew is getting his 3rd ring but hey we get to see a small market team lose to him as well lol
    Kawhi ain't coming back this post-season. He isn't built like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man these last two season have sucked balls. I miss spurs playoff basketball
    The west was so ty this season and the Spurs couldn’t make the top 8. They need a lot of work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi ain't coming back this post-season. He isn't built like that.
    I think they win even without him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move the 3 point line back. Today's game is out of control. It's ing unwatchable. you Curry for ruining today's game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move the 3 point line back. Today's game is out of control. It's ing unwatchable. you Curry for ruining today's game.
    I agree. They could also eliminate the corner 3. Let the 3 point line continue the arc to the sideline rather than allowing a corner 3 that is almost 2 feet shorter.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The Nets would have likely won it all if all healthy and if LMA kept playing for sure. No NBA le is ever guaranteed though even if you form a super team. The Nets could have won that game but they had a terrible OT and in the 4th quarter missed a ton of shots before the KD tying shot that was close to being a 3. I don't think Milwaukee did anything special to win this game 7 other than make more shots than the Nets did. I can see the Bucks losing the ECF to either 76ers or Hawks. This is it for Bucks they have a legit shot now to win it all. Got to beat the next team in front of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I predicted a Suns vs Philly final but find myself in a weird spot where I can’t cheer for that got Chris Paul but I also can’t cheer for that got Kawhi. I mean them winning the le with Kawhi on the bench would be awesome if they do beat the Suns but man I just hope Embiid wins this . Though I do like Giannis as well

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So I predicted a Suns vs Philly final but find myself in a weird spot where I can’t cheer for that got Chris Paul but I also can’t cheer for that got Kawhi. I mean them winning the le with Kawhi on the bench would be awesome if they do beat the Suns but man I just hope Embiid wins this . Though I do like Giannis as well
    I have no idea who will win it all tbh. Suns are playing the best team basketball right now and Clippers have started to play really well. I can see Suns or Clippers though likely beating either Bucks/76ers/Hawks in a 7 game series. It's going to be tough though as Bucks/76ers/Hawks will be motivated. Clippers may not have Kawhi comeback at all. They would easily lose the Finals if they had no Kawhi

Suns looking pretty good now though and Bucks look legit.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thoughts:

It feels like Bud has done enough to keep his job now, but we’ll see. Who would the Bucks replace him with? I guess Carlisle would be the best option.

As for us, moving on from both DDR and Pop seems too much to hope for.

If we somehow strike gold with the lottery ping pong balls, I’m less convinced Pop would walk away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't get all the critics acting like Giannis somehow isn't a great player. No, he's not the pure shooter that Durant is, but in what universe are Giannis's numbers for this series not great: 31.9 ppg, 12.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 57.9 FG%. Ben Simmons deserves the criticism because he just stopped shooting, but Giannis is still averaging nearly 32 ppg, despite his free throw & three point issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't get all the critics acting like Giannis somehow isn't a great player. No, he's not the pure shooter that Durant is, but in what universe are Giannis's numbers for this series not great: 31.9 ppg, 12.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 57.9 FG%. Ben Simmons deserves the criticism because he just stopped shooting, but Giannis is still averaging nearly 32 ppg, despite his free throw & three point issues.
    They want him to be Durant and score from the perimeter all the time. But literally nobody can guard him one on one and he demands a wall to be stopped. The knock from “experts” is you just need to build a wall of 3 people to stop him but that’s really stupid bc that SHOULDN’T stop him. He should be able to kick it out to his shooters for wide open 3s all game long when you do that which should free up his game offensively. Last season the reason why they lost to the Heat wa s bc of how awesome Bam played. Dude could actually cover Giannis. But nobody else in the league can.

Also Giannis got reffed his MVP year by Kawhi and the Raptors bc the NBA desperately wanted a longer series. He should’ve won game 3 and never have fouled out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want him to be Durant and score from the perimeter all the time. But literally nobody can guard him one on one and he demands a wall to be stopped. The knock from “experts” is you just need to build a wall of 3 people to stop him but that’s really stupid bc that SHOULDN’T stop him. He should be able to kick it out to his shooters for wide open 3s all game long when you do that which should free up his game offensively. Last season the reason why they lost to the Heat wa s bc of how awesome Bam played. Dude could actually cover Giannis. But nobody else in the league can.

Also Giannis got reffed his MVP year by Kawhi and the Raptors bc the NBA desperately wanted a longer series. He should’ve won game 3 and never have fouled out.
    Giannis game is ugly but he's reckon ball. When he wants to dominate the paint he has dominance that's just a level below what Shaq was during his prime years. You need either a team with great interior defensive big man like Bam that is athletic to contain him or you need a team filled with defensive bigs like the Raptors did with Gasol,Ibaka,Siakam, and big perimeter player in Kawhi to create the wall.

Sixers could take him out because they can form a wall with Simmons,Embiid,Dwight,Harris. It really will comedown to Middleton,Holiday,Lopez, all hitting shots when they are open. It will be interesting to see how the Sixers decide to defend him. If they go with single coverage then he's going to easily get 30 or more against them every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bam did play great last year, but Giannis got his revenge this year, sweeping the Heat in spectacular fashion. This idea that a 26 year old superstar is somehow overrated because he doesn't have a ring yet is crazy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, giannis and durant are soo ing good
    Agreed. This was a great matchup. I'm disappointed it had to come to an end. Historically this was great duel much like Duncan vs Shaq, Duncan vs Dirk. You don't get to see two guys who are all time greats in their primes face each other often granted Durant is at the tail end but he's still in his prime. I'm hoping Giannis vs Embiid will be exciting in the next round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. People just hate his game because like you said he's not a shooter. He definitely lacks a shooters touch. People need to accept he's a Shaq type of player and not a perimeter player like a Durant, or even Lebron. Once you accept his game is a game based on power and strength,agility, then you can appreciate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is Shaq in today's soft rules. I can't see him surviving as a 4 in the 90s or early 00's. Coming to think of it, imagine David Robinson in today's league. That's Giannis, but legit 7ft, stronger, automatic midrange, ft shooter, with Gobert defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genuinely super happy for coach Bud. Hope he wins it this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still a little perplexing why Durant had a last second shot in regulation, defended by 6'5" PJ Tucker, and a last second shot in OT against 6'3" Jrue Holiday. I'm glad both of those guys are tough defenders, and I get not putting Giannis on KD all game, but it seems like a defensive switch in those moments might've made sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i'm the Bucks i would still fire coach Bud even if he wins it all. I have issues with him on how the Bucks play on both ends but especially offensively where i don't see a variety of set plays, very ugly stuff, players not playing to their strengths. I would go Carlisle straight away, in fact i would secretly sign Carlisle right now for next season.
    As for who's looking more capable of winning it, if the Suns get CP3 while they still have a chance i fancy them to win the whole thing, they are the most structured and well rounded team. I thought the Jazz would do it but Conley betrayed them yet again with his injury prone ass and he was looking good before the injury but he was terrible when he rushed back to play, he cost them everything. I still don't like the way the Clippers play even with Kawhi, too many iso's and your turn, my turn with PG13.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People kept saying the Jazz were like the 2014 but it’s always been the Suns. The ball and player movement is just beautiful to watch. Monty knows the deal.

They have a good shot at the whole thing. Rooting for Monty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4:34 - 3rd
    ABC 1 2 3 4 T
    LAC 21 33 25 79
    PHX 21 36 21 78

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After losing momentum early in the 3rd, Clips have turned it around

3:44 - 3rd
    ABC 1 2 3 4 T
    LAC 21 33 30 84
    PHX 21 36 21 78

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns fought back

End of 3rd
    ABC 1 2 3 4 T
    LAC 21 33 39 93
    PHX 21 36 36 93

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparison of Durant vs Giannis on offense:

Giannis, for 7 game series
    93-162 FGs, 57.4%/ 8-31 3pt, 25.8%/ 223 total points

Durant, for 7 game series
    92-185 FGs, 49.7%/ 19-54 3pt, 35.2%/ 248 total points

For all the talk of how Durant was vastly superior offensively, the numbers don't bare that out for the series. He scored 25 more points than Giannis, or about 3.5 more pts per game, while also taking 25 more shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9:05 - 4th
    ABC 1 2 3 4 T
    LAC 21 33 39 2 95
    PHX 21 36 36 10 103

Thread Information