Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God it would be fantastic if Pau tore an ACL and Tim came back. Even last year his D was elite in some elite in some metrics. Plus Dedmon could play more
    Last edited by Quadzilla99; 12-28-2016 at 05:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope springs eternal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    may be this is the time to shake the roster with a trade? Vucevic, Payton, Monroe, Dragic are available so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    may be this is the time to shake the roster with a trade? Vucevic, Payton, Monroe, Dragic are available so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something BIG is gonna go down....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like Nico wanted out and the Spurs had to make sure that Murray was able to do the job before agreeing to let him go. Dude was never committed to grinding out a place in the NBA, given that he only signed a one-year deal with SA in the first place. I liked a lot of the things he brought to the team. And I don't like that Murray will be active for every game rather than being in Austin. Just the progress he made from the summer to now is tremendous. I think he can become as good as Simmons in like another year if he gets concentrated development.

I don't know if there will be another move. Ideally, you'd expect them to pick up a guy who's playing well in the d-league to like with JaMychal or Malcolm Thomas just to see what they have. To that end, I gotta say that I'd love to see what Briante Weber could do long-term. Dude has Beverly potential. Here are some others: http://dleague.nba.com/prospect-watch/ The issue is that the Spurs don't play another B2B for like a month (1/23 and 1/24) and only one additional set before the ASB (2/12 and 2/13). There really isn't a lot of need to have a 15th guy to throw into the fire between now and the trade deadline.

Incidentally, I wonder of the new CBA's roster is going to look. Teams will have 17 spots with the idea of there being "two-way contracts". The idea is that the salaries will either be paid on the d-league scale or min scale depending on whether the player is called up or is sent down. That makes sense. The question for me is how many players can teams have "up" at the same time? It seems like if you can have all 17 up, then teams will just do that in order to have a compe ive advantage in signing players. Like, who wants to sign up for a team that's going to pay them less by stashing them? Of course, for draft picks, it's one thing. But for guys like Nico or Briante, it's a different matter altogether. So will teams only be able to have 15 guys up at once? If so, then they would be either three or four "two-way" slots rather than the two we are being told to expect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think those comparing Murray to the next Simmons are off the mark. Sure they are both athletic, but their games and skill sets are very different.

Simmons isn't the type of creator Murray is. Simmons excels in the open the court off the ball on both ends. While Murray excels in the open and half court with the ball.

Murray is more natural as a lead guard or point guard and is much quicker with the ball and has been noticablely having a tighter handle than he did in the Summer League ( which is a very good sign). At the same time, he has a much quicker release on his shot. Whereas Simmons has a slow and low release that he can't get off half the time.

I'm very excited about Murray, being only 20 years old, he has elite size, length, quickness, speed and from the looks of it, he has an elite work ethic -- which is the most important thing. For a point guard, having all those strengths makes a damn exciting foundation that is very rare to find. The weaknesses, shooting & IQ, are very common for just about every 20 yr old who played in this league (they were common for Tony and Kobe) -- which will get better with time and maybe not a lot of time as his shooting stroke looks much better than it did just a year ago in WU.

I think he'll be a more effective player than Simmons in just a year, just because he's a natural point guard and has strengths that give him such a huge edge at the position on both ends because of his size, speed and length. The only strength Simmons has at his position is athletic ability -- his size/length doesn't give him an edge like it does Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish him the best and I liked his professionalism but not NBA material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see how this develops. Pop likes to have a few tricks up his sleeve come playoff time.
    Might be that Murray is the 3rd string PG and they will use the last spot for another position.
    D-Will would be interesting, but, not exactly likely
    Something might be brewing

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God it would be fantastic if Pau tore an ACL and Tim came back. Even last year his D was elite in some elite in some metrics. Plus Dedmon could play more
    That's messed up. Don't ever wish a torn ACL on any Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't be fantastic to wish on anyone. Far simpler to move him to the bench

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Stupid comment. Pau hasn't played very well so far but it's only December. I doubt Tim comes back this season, I won't rule it out but after 20 years or so of playing NBA level basketball, a break must be nice for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau's averaging 17/11/4 with two blocks per 36. Frankly, the dude's been sort of great. Issue is that he and LMA have issues that they can only mask when they are both 100-percent engaged, and that doesn't happen nearly enough. I understand the idea that Dedmon could make a better starter (though there are issues with that that people constantly overlook), but Pau is great to have when LMA is so shaky. Gasol has the upside of being able to be a legit second option in a playoff series. Makes no sense to want to wish that away with an injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau's averaging 17/11/4 with two blocks per 36. Frankly, the dude's been sort of great. Issue is that he and LMA have issues that they can only mask when they are both 100-percent engaged, and that doesn't happen nearly enough. I understand the idea that Dedmon could make a better starter (though there are issues with that that people constantly overlook), but Pau is great to have when LMA is so shaky. Gasol has the upside of being able to be a legit second option in a playoff series. Makes no sense to want to wish that away with an injury.

This.

i saw a stat a few games back that Pau lead the team in touches (that game).'Given that he's no spring chicken and is new to the team Pau is doing well. Dedmom definitely brings some things to the table but people seem to ignore his limited offensive skills and his foul prone play. I am not knocking him, glad he's a Spur. But I do think there is a grass is greener effect.

As for wishing an injury only any player I wouldn't do that....

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Very nice, I don't get how any Spurs fan can wish a torn ACL on a crucial player on the roster. Fans just expect to much out of Pau, he isn't Timmy. He is contributing to this team in his own way, like him or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the 14th guy on the roster, chill the out.
    It's a joke, YOU chill the out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau's averaging 17/11/4 with two blocks per 36.
    another proof it's a bull stat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop's stubbornness is really hurting the team.

I would keep the starting 5 as it is, but let one of Leonard or LMA ALWAYS be on the court. This bull of having a complete second unit out there really kills me as a European, as we don't have this. You could still manage minutes but let a FP caliber in the court all the time.
    Check Lee in after 3 mins for LMA then LMA, Dedmon and Anderson for Gasol, Lee, Leonard at 9. It's just not rocket science, a heavy scorer would always be on the court, Lee could somewhat mask Gasol's inability for rebounds, while Dedmon would take defensive tasks from LMA. It always hurts me to see the Dedmon-Lee combos, as neither of them can hit outside the paint. In my way, some paint scorer would be paired with someone who can shoot outside.

Balance would be much better and LMA would get a load of more touches without Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another proof it's a bull stat
    What is? Those are four different stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop's stubbornness is really hurting the team.

I would keep the starting 5 as it is, but let one of Leonard or LMA ALWAYS be on the court. This bull of having a complete second unit out there really kills me as a European, as we don't have this. You could still manage minutes but let a FP caliber in the court all the time.
    Check Lee in after 3 mins for LMA then LMA, Dedmon and Anderson for Gasol, Lee, Leonard at 9. It's just not rocket science, a heavy scorer would always be on the court, Lee could somewhat mask Gasol's inability for rebounds, while Dedmon would take defensive tasks from LMA. It always hurts me to see the Dedmon-Lee combos, as neither of them can hit outside the paint. In my way, some paint scorer would be paired with someone who can shoot outside.

Balance would be much better and LMA would get a load of more touches without Leonard.
    Pop's been staggering Green and Leonard more recently, so he is learning. I do think he should stagger LMA and Kawhi better and especially Pau. But he also has to figure out who can play and get the top rotation players experience with each other. His problem is that he doesn't really run different offense depending on who's out on the floor. Would be really nice to see secondary players get more plays run for them rather than just having Leonard and Manu do everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is? Those are four different stats.
    unreliable stat to assess the vet(I mean per 36)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unreliable only for players who play very little. Quite reliable for Pau. He's been good offensively even if you think he's taking shots away from LMA. His defense, though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think those comparing Murray to the next Simmons are off the mark. Sure they are both athletic, but their games and skill sets are very different.

Simmons isn't the type of creator Murray is. Simmons excels in the open the court off the ball on both ends. While Murray excels in the open and half court with the ball.

Murray is more natural as a lead guard or point guard and is much quicker with the ball and has been noticablely having a tighter handle than he did in the Summer League ( which is a very good sign). At the same time, he has a much quicker release on his shot. Whereas Simmons has a slow and low release that he can't get off half the time.

I'm very excited about Murray, being only 20 years old, he has elite size, length, quickness, speed and from the looks of it, he has an elite work ethic -- which is the most important thing. For a point guard, having all those strengths makes a damn exciting foundation that is very rare to find. The weaknesses, shooting & IQ, are very common for just about every 20 yr old who played in this league (they were common for Tony and Kobe) -- which will get better with time and maybe not a lot of time as his shooting stroke looks much better than it did just a year ago in WU.

I think he'll be a more effective player than Simmons in just a year, just because he's a natural point guard and has strengths that give him such a huge edge at the position on both ends because of his size, speed and length. The only strength Simmons has at his position is athletic ability -- his size/length doesn't give him an edge like it does Murray.
    I agree. I am very excited about him. I watched Simmons in the dleague two seasons ago, when he was still in early development and he was not capable then of the things Dijon does, he'd turn the ball over just as much or more and wouldn't have as many assists. He was a wing not a PG at any point, even though he would have the ball a lot once Cotton was called up. Dijon has a whole lot more potential and he's so young. Spurs ought to be excited about him.

I think one concern with him was whether he could play the team game, and execute what Pop wanted which is not going to be about him right now, or whether he would be branching on his own or TO the ball (basically playing like a kid in a schoolyard). Him playing a solid game was a step in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably the best stat to assess Spurs rotation players. No one plays enough to truly measure them against other players. It's not like looking at Pau's 12/8/3 with a block in 26 minutes doesn't also make him look good. Dude compares favorably to Tim.

Thread Information