Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That I don't really care anymore about all of this, the shortened season, the bubble, whoever wins the crappy asterisk championship this year, whatever, etc. Basketball is fun to play, but I don't care about pro basketball anymore. At all. At least not since #21 and #2 are gone. I just don't give a damn.

My focus is entirely on the NFL, which is fortunate to benefit from the timing of its season now that we are on the down-hill of the COVID crisis.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ok

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok then off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You stopped caring enough to announce it to an entire forum that universally loathes you and insults and s on you at every turn due to your rancid posts.

You're really winning the game of life, Andy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That I don't really care anymore about all of this, the shortened season, the bubble, whoever wins the crappy asterisk championship this year, whatever, etc. Basketball is fun to play, but I don't care about pro basketball anymore. At all. At least not since #21 and #2 are gone. I just don't give a damn.

My focus is entirely on the NFL, which is fortunate to benefit from the timing of its season now that we are on the down-hill of the COVID crisis.
    Me too. And I guess it should not be like that as we have young, phenom Luka. Still, just not that interested in this diluted season. Rarely watch more than 2 minutes before finding something else to do.

You guys have the #11 pick, apparently. Maybe Pop can find another star player for you.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too. And I guess it should not be like that as we have young, phenom Luka. Still, just not that interested in this diluted season. Rarely watch more than 2 minutes before finding something else to do.

You guys have the #11 pick, apparently. Maybe Pop can find another star player for you.
    I don't give a damn about Poop anymore since he abandoned basketball for madness. Once the greatest basketball coach ever, now he is simply Saruman the White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not out of the woods yet. Keep wearing your mask and minimizing contact, or the could get worse. And given how stupid much of the population is, it probably will.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Neo...when you watch the games at home do you kneel in your living room during the national anthem?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We're not out of the woods yet. Keep wearing your mask and minimizing contact, or the could get worse. And given how stupid much of the population is, it probably will.
    Seriously, we are the only country in the world fighting each other over masks....something proven to work. Asinine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, we are the only country in the world fighting each other over masks....something proven to work. Asinine.
    We are the stupidest country in the Western World.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Neo...when you watch the games at home do you kneel in your living room during the national anthem?
    no I simply enjoy watching basketball because I enjoy watching basketball

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There is a reason the average NBA fan is a teenager. The older one becomes, the more difficult it is to fan boy. NBA is also the most individualistic domestic sport so you are tuning in to watch 1 or 2 main guys workout in a tank top. The dancing and showboating moves the product up the scale.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a reason the average NBA fan is a teenager. The older one becomes, the more difficult it is to fan boy. NBA is also the most individualistic domestic sport so you are tuning in to watch 1 or 2 main guys workout in a tank top. The dancing and showboating moves the product up the scale.
    I actually agree with you on this. I’m in my 30’s and there hasn’t been NBA player I could root for since Duncan retired. I still root for the spurs but I got no emotional attachment to any of these players. 99 percent of these guys are spoiled divas that get to be kids forever which is very off putting as a fan especially once you become a mature adult. I still love to watch the game when there is 2 great teams going at it but outside of that I don’t find the league exciting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are the stupidest country in the World.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I actually agree with you on this. I’m in my 30’s and there hasn’t been NBA player I could root for since Duncan retired. I still root for the spurs but I got no emotional attachment to any of these players. 99 percent of these guys are spoiled divas that get to be kids forever which is very off putting as a fan especially once you become a mature adult. I still love to watch the game when there is 2 great teams going at it but outside of that I don’t find the league exciting.
    Let's not act like this isn't how every wave of basketball players have been for the past 40-50 years. We just have a different attachment to players we watched when experiencing basketball for the first time. But they've been childish divas for a long time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Let's not act like this isn't how every wave of basketball players have been for the past 40-50 years. We just have a different attachment to players we watched when experiencing basketball for the first time. But they've been childish divas for a long time.
    The Bulls were literally a traveling circus ��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said they weren't like that in the past. I responded and agreed with Frostking's premise which was as you get older it's impossible to become a fanboy of any of these players.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I never said they weren't like that in the past. I responded and agreed with Frostking's premise which was as you get older it's impossible to become a fanboy of any of these players.
    i apologize, it wasn't intended to be directed at you in particular

just in general many people make the claim that modern players are divas, primadonnas, unlikable, spoiled, en led, etc... when in fact the same stuff has been going on for a long time, its just easier to see due to increased media exposure, social media platforms, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the least amount of basketball I’ve watched this year as well. I don’t really miss it. It could be bc the big 3 retired. But it’s deeper than that. There’s no real urgency in the regular season anymore. Stars are just skipping out for no reason. There are too many teams, more than usual. But I think the main thing is there’s no real rivals anymore. No real nasty. No real hatred between teams. I just don’t feel that passion anymore like other teams are willing to kill to win.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is the least amount of basketball I’ve watched this year as well. I don’t really miss it. It could be bc the big 3 retired. But it’s deeper than that. There’s no real urgency in the regular season anymore. Stars are just skipping out for no reason. There are too many teams, more than usual. But I think the main thing is there’s no real rivals anymore. No real nasty. No real hatred between teams. I just don’t feel that passion anymore like other teams are willing to kill to win.

This post absolutely nailed it.

The 'load management' thing needs to be halted now. I wish the NBA would cut the number of games to about 50 -- eliminate all back to back games, etc. Cuts out all the excuses for sitting star players.

Not sure of the remedy for lack of rivalries, though. This is the Lebron era of super friends and running from the grind as Dame says.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say the constant over marketing of winning rings has made the game boring. I have to admit I'm guilty in the sense of just waiting for the the Conference Finals and NBA finals to settle who is the best player in the league whether it's #2,Giannis,Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This post absolutely nailed it.

The 'load management' thing needs to be halted now. I wish the NBA would cut the number of games to about 50 -- eliminate all back to back games, etc. Cuts out all the excuses for sitting star players.

Not sure of the remedy for lack of rivalries, though. This is the Lebron era of super friends and running from the grind as Dame says.
    Lebron invent super teaming lol

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be so nice if OP stopped posting, circa mid-2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be so nice if OP stopped posting, circa mid-2017

Thread Information