Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said we need to trade Green in the off-season while his stock is sky high after game 5....and some of you sensitive Spurs fans got upset. Now I see people saying Green needs to go because he attended the Heats celebrating party. Look the kid hit a streak...nothing more...nothing less...he is still a guy that got cut from two teams and played in the DLeague and was the weakest starter all season long...and folds like a cheap lawn chair when the pressure is on....2-19 combined for game 6 and 7. Way to go there, Green. Manu has to go...no vet minimum...no lingering emotional ties. Done! Splitter has to go also. 28 years old and he's softer than Pau Gasol....and thats saying something. Free up space and get a guy like Al Jefferson....even Paul Pierce for a year or two...OJ Mayo...so many options out there to upgrade for reasonable money. Get Timmy his 5th...he deserves that after the way the team let him down. Give the guy a lineup of Parker/Mayo or Pierce/Leonard/Duncan/Jefferson...and lets see what happens. No turnover machine on the bench.

You guys want to get emotionally attached to the players and when they fail miserablly...you still want to keep them around instead of upgrading......Never feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars playing a sport. ...never feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said we need to trade Green in the off-season while his stock is sky high after game 5....and some of you sensitive Spurs fans got upset. Now I see people saying Green needs to go because he attended the Heats celebrating party. Look the kid hit a streak...nothing more...nothing less...he is still a guy that got cut from two teams and played in the DLeague and was the weakest starter all season long...and folds like a cheap lawn chair when the pressure is on....2-19 combined for game 6 and 7. Way to go there, Green. Manu has to go...no vet minimum...no lingering emotional ties. Done! Splitter has to go also. 28 years old and he's softer than Pau Gasol....and thats saying something. Free up space and get a guy like Al Jefferson....even Paul Pierce for a year or two...OJ Mayo...so many options out there to upgrade for reasonable money. Get Timmy his 5th...he deserves that after the way the team let him down. Give the guy a lineup of Parker/Mayo or Pierce/Leonard/Duncan/Jefferson...and lets see what happens. No turnover machine on the bench.

You guys want to get emotionally attached to the players and when they fail miserablly...you still want to keep them around instead of upgrading......Never feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars playing a sport. ...never feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars.
    Ya let's get rid of everyone that just helped us get to the Finals and sign another over the hill chucker, a big with no defense, and a prima donna chucking two guard. Sounds like the way to go to me!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya let's get rid of everyone that just helped us get to the Finals and sign another over the hill chucker, a big with no defense, and a prima donna chucking two guard. Sounds like the way to go to me!

Whole team...by my accounts we would still have Popovich, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, and Barnes. The rest are pretty much expendable. But hey...lets keep Manu because what he has done in the past...who cares that he cost a championship...lets give him a new contract and watch him turn the ball over even more next year. Hurrah for that. Lets keep Splitter instead of getting a guy like Jefferson..who is way better and the same age. Lets go with the dumbass emotional crap there to...I mean...analytic thought...Splitter is the way to go. And Green...oh man...he is golden...its not like SG's grow on tree's and are around every corner. Its just only the easiest position to replace in the NBA...thats all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have green cheap. He's young. He's a beast on D. He's only going to get better. It's a good biz decision to keep him. Neal we could get rid of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whole team...by my accounts we would still have Popovich, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, and Barnes. The rest are pretty much expendable. But hey...lets keep Manu because what he has done in the past...who cares that he cost a championship...lets give him a new contract and watch him turn the ball over even more next year. Hurrah for that. Lets keep Splitter instead of getting a guy like Jefferson..who is way better and the same age. Lets go with the dumbass emotional crap there to...I mean...analytic thought...Splitter is the way to go. And Green...oh man...he is golden...its not like SG's grow on tree's and are around every corner. Its just only the easiest position to replace in the NBA...thats all.
    Who is this barnes that you speak of?

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe this is a serious suggestion.

Green is a young player with a good at ude on a cheap contract who plays motivated defense and JUST SET THE ING NBA RECORD FOR 3 POINT FGs IN THE NBA FINALS.

Let me repeat that:

Green is a young player with a good at ude on a cheap contract who plays motivated defense and JUST SET THE ING NBA RECORD FOR 3 POINT FGs IN THE NBA FINALS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Green after game 5 was the move to make, talk about stock being high!

The only players I care to have back are Duncan, Parker, and Leonard. Diaw and Green are in the next tier, passable but expendable. Those happen to be the only players who weren't a disaster on the court against the Heat. We need to make as many changes as possible to upgrade the team beyond those core 3-5 guys.

The players I can absolutely take or (preferably) leave include Splitter, Manu, Bonner and Neal. I really want Splitter and Bonner gone. Neal and Manu are tolerable on the cheap. If Manu can adapt his game to be a bit less reckless (i.e. stupid) I still think he can help the team. That's a big if but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for another year.

At the bottom of the bench Joseph and Baynes are the only ones worth keeping. Baynes we would need if we let Splitter walk while signing a smaller big like David West. We would still need a bruiser to deal with teams like Lakers or Memphis.

Pounding the Rock!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is a building block, my man. Young players rarely climb the mountain the first time around. He is in the best organization in the league, don't count him out.

Manu and Splitter were both turrible, but they were key cogs to get us through the regular season. They're necessary.

The FO is going to have to do what it always does, find players off the scrap heap to fit a specific need. Hopefully there will be some in-team improvement with the young guys. Also... don't sleep on T-mac. The guy gets in shape, might be able to help out a little.

Thread Information