Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Another special & grand part in a motion picture:::"Rocky IV." The end of the exhibition between Greed & Drago. Now this is pure Stallone. Creed has been pulverized as you'll remember. Just massacred. He barely makes it thru the round and is aided back to his corner by Rocky who is acting as his second and Tony Burton, his manager. Stallone wants to stop it, but, Creed will have none of it. He's intractable. "You don't stop this fight. No matter what. No...matter...what." is his final words as he eases back into the turnbuckle and awaits his final bell. Now it's here that Stallone links 1 to 4. It's not Rocky he connects with in his final seconds of life. Nor is it Tony Burton, his manager, his father figure. No. It's his wife, the same actress who played the role throughout the series. The same woman who admonished Creed for preferring hate mail to playing with his children and who sat in his dressing room at her wit's end as he goes thru pre game fight preparation (II), the staccato voice of Burton egging him on with ringing endorsements of his skill & popularity. She's been seated ringside and now she has risen. He searches her out, she's not crying, but, her eyes are glistening. He nods to her, then straightens and awaits his fate.

This is Stallone.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Dive from Clausen's pier is also a sad story imho. Haven't watched the movie but I've listened to the story quite a few times. Do i feel bored listening to it? no, there's a voice that I'll never get bored of listening to, and you know to whom that voice belongs

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the scene where he's talking at Jenny's grave site about their kid.............................man, that always chokes me up. But, in the grand scheme of things, Jenny. That selfish, no good

I think Jacob's Ladder is pretty sad, overall. The scene where Culkin takes him up is pretty powerful.I need to see that movie again. "Watch your toes, Jake!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Dive from Clausen's pier is also a sad story imho. Haven't watched the movie but I've listened to the story quite a few times. Do i feel bored listening to it? no, there's a voice that I'll never get bored of listening to, and you know to whom that voice belongs
    Roguey!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding citation! It's a touching motion picture, but, have heard it's a little different than the book. I've not read the book, but, have seen the movie a half dozen times. It's a sad beginning and the it's done well and we see the two young kids beginning their love affair with great fade in's & out's of their special times. The actress is gorgeous and wholesome at the same time. Very quickly we're shown that time has passed and she is restless. He is stuck in his HS days still with the same friends. The accident happens and she leaves town. It's here where I don't like it. She is "unfaithful" and distressingly so. But, time goes on and she returns. There is a a scene toward the end where she climbs into bed with this fellow, who is partially paralyzed and it's quite emotional here.

The absolute ending is a little smug of her and off-putting for me. But, Roguey, that beginning is terrific. I should read the book.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I think Jacob's Ladder is pretty sad, overall. The scene where Culkin takes him up is pretty powerful.I need to see that movie again.
    Another good one!

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    But, in the grand scheme of things, Jenny. That selfish, no good
    we can agree on something. hated that selfish .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Yep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My Sisters Keeper, no .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Toy Story 3, The Green Mile

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Million Dollar Baby

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    My Girl.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    ps i love you.

That one got me I must admit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Road

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Big Fish

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    ps i love you.

That one got me I must admit.
    Im guessing The Notebook got you too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    How so, Proxy? Seriously. Please.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How so, Proxy? Seriously. Please.
    scenes about losing parents get to me

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i shed a thugs tear in 'set it off' when cleo got shot at the end of the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    City Lights

"Yes, I can see now!"

It was so sad, yet happy.

Name
    Parrish
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sports movies are about all that ever gets to me. Never balling, but I get watery eyes. The scene that comes to mind is in the movie Friday Night Lights where Tim Mcgraw puts his championship ring on his kids finger after the game. Everytime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Lone survivor

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    War movies mainly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gallipoli, mother er.
    Are you American?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've seen this movie before but it popped up on the cable over the weekend "Lars and the Real Girl." It tells the story of this young man who buys and falls in love with one of those Love Dolls. Not the inflatable, but, the expensive kinds. (((Before I lost my ability to achieve a boner that was what I was going to purchase with my cut of the money we received after Girl's mother died. Unfortunately my tumescence has not survived her over 10 years later.... in' woman will bury us all.)))

Anyway, this guy brings the Doll home and goes about making a life for the two of them in their small town. I know it sounds completely ludicrous, but, it works, and it is incredibly sad. "Bianca" is confined to a wheel chair and she is extremely beautiful. The town grows to love her and she is elected to the school board, I know, I know. SPOILER ALERT...at the end of the movie "Bianca" becomes extremely ill and is taken to the hospital where she dies.

Ryan Gosling plays the young man and he does a terrific job. He is suffering from a mental delusion that has to do with his childhood.

It's a fine film and should be viewed. One thing though,,,it's not a naughty movie where he tries to her. It's not about that so be forewarned.

Thread Information