Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans currently have the White House, the courts, and the senate. Of the 3 branches of government at the federal level, Republicans control 2.5 of them. At the state and local level they control most state legislatures and most gubernational seats.

Anyone declaring the death of the Republican Party is detached from reality.

Those are the people who think the Repub party is exclusive to mental a en equivalent to derp, kori and ducks and haven't had interactions with other Repubs.

Basically, the flip side of the coin on how the derps and duckses view Libs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Biden's VP pick will be critical because I see Biden only doing 1 term. Harris is the logical pick to help pull in black voters and the mid-west swing states

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans currently have the White House, the courts, and the senate. Of the 3 branches of government at the federal level, Republicans control 2.5 of them. At the state and local level they control most state legislatures and most gubernational seats.

Anyone declaring the death of the Republican Party is detached from reality.
    Delta ---time.

Not saying it will be entirely powerless or vanish, but it will not control as much after November, other than a lot of real estate.

Remember a lot of that control is predicated on its successful gerrymandering. If that vanishes, they will be dramatically reduced in power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are the people who think the Repub party is exclusive to mental a en equivalent to derp, kori and ducks and haven't had interactions with other Repubs.

Basically, the flip side of the coin on how the derps and duckses view Libs.
    Not exclusive but goddam there a large number of dumb pieces of in the Republican party and a lot of it starts with them trying to appease the re ed Evangelical base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Biden's VP pick will be critical because I see Biden only doing 1 term. Harris is the logical pick to help pull in black voters and the mid-west swing states
    I think susan rice would be the right choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is gonna get crushed.

He was supposed to get crushed in 2016 and look what happened. It's all about turnout on the Dem's side because you know his die hards are gonna be out to vote. The thing Biden does have for him that Hillary had was at least he isn't widely hated like she was.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Delta ---time.

Not saying it will be entirely powerless or vanish, but it will not control as much after November, other than a lot of real estate.

Remember a lot of that control is predicated on its successful gerrymandering. If that vanishes, they will be dramatically reduced in power.
    I believed the exact same thing heading into the 2004 election. 16 years later...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Delta ---time.

Their control of the senate, presidency, governor seats and federal courts have all to do with gerrymandering. State borders aren’t gerrymandering.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arizona, Colorado, Maine puts Democrats at 49-51 in the senate. Or am I wrong?

Not accounting for Tillis, Ernst, Purdue etc which are currently trending D.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Not sure if this is in response to me but no that’s not wrong, they’re at 49 if they win those seats and lose Alabama.

My only point is that declarations that the Republican Party is dead are ridiculous when as it currently stands they control a lot more government than Dems do.

On a tangent - id be surprised if they don’t win at least Iowa or NC. Joni Ernst’s recent CNN interview was painful to watch and Tillis is doing awful in the polls.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their control of the senate, presidency, governor seats and federal courts have all to do with gerrymandering. State borders aren’t gerrymandering.
    It's their control of state governments where they got to where they are. They played the long game and focused on local elections, while the Dems were busy caring about gay marriage. Dems could win the next decade and we'd still be ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this is in response to me but no that’s not wrong, they’re at 49 if they win those seats and lose Alabama.

My only point is that declarations that the Republican Party is dead are ridiculous when as it currently stands they control a lot more government than Dems do.

On a tangent - id be surprised if they don’t win at least Iowa or NC. Joni Ernst’s recent CNN interview was painful to watch and Tillis is doing awful in the polls.
    Yeah I agree with the doom and gloom party is over talk. A better word would be "weakened."

In hindsight, Hillary did a lot of damage. Not only on the presidency level but also senate. She put the senate in the line of fire and cost some seats even though the candidates themselves were atrocious. We got lucky with Tester holding on to his seat.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree with the doom and gloom party is over talk. A better word would be "weakened."

In hindsight, Hillary did a lot of damage. Not only on the presidency level but also senate. She put the senate in the line of fire and cost some seats even though the candidates themselves were atrocious. We got lucky with Tester holding on to his seat.
    I think the courts are where she hurt the Dems. I actually think the silver lining to her losing is that it staved off a 2018 midterm bloodbath. If she won 2018 would have been another midterm election with ty turnout the same way 2010 and 2014 were, and look at how many senate seats the Dems lose in 2018 with bad turnout (West Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, Montana, Ohio, Maine)

The Republicans probably have a super majority in the senate right now if Hillary were president imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's their control of state governments where they got to where they are. They played the long game and focused on local elections, while the Dems were busy caring about gay marriage. Dems could win the next decade and we'd still be ed.
    SCOTUS rules on a tiny percentage of cases. The Repugs figured they could screw the country by polluting the Federal judiciary. 200 judges waved through in Trash's term, after McConnell spent 8 years blocking nearly all of Obama's nominations. 100% bad faith by the oligarchy that spent $10Ms getting their judges nominated with rubber-stamp approval by McConnell.

USA is ed for decades, long after Trash, Leonard Leo, McConnell are out of power or dead.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In hindsight, this guy was wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mixed bag.

I was dead on on 2 and iffy on the rest while hedging on the Georgia race which can still go D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he left himself a 9% out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA math

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude hasn't been on twitter since 10/25.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neil furguson says o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neil furguson says o
    Virus: 1
    Boomer: 0

Let us proceeeeed.