My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this good or bad? He was badass in the Celtics from what I remember!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "...., Hollinger also admits there aren't many rumblings coming from the San Antonio camp, which is par for the course."

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Which probably means he hasn't heard about SA more than anything tbh

Also would seem to indicate either the Spurs are looking to move Poeltl or are not expecting to keep Dieng. Theis is a solid player, but he is not the guy that should be our "prominent" target

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great! We rarely show our hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this good or bad?
    Eh, the fit doesn't make sense. He's a 6-foot-8 center who doesn't really space the floor well enough to play power forward next to Poeltl. He shoots threes but his low volume and low accuracy cause teams to mostly ignore him.

The only way Theis makes sense is if you're trading Poeltl and then you need a similarly priced replacement. He's more valuable as a center. Strong defending the low block, reasonably mobile on the perimeter and he's better on offense when a center is forced to defend him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know about "bad ass." Boston fans regularly on him for being soft and too nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are shopping for a backup center. It was known before the draft that they were looking at bigs around the league. That’s probably why they checked on Theis. As a free agent center, and not too expensive to be signed as a backup, he’s a name on a list of possibilities. It looks like.

The inquiry this early was probably a “background check” for character. I would guess. A good teammate? Good citizen in the community? All of that. We know the Spurs check character.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    signing him would keep things exactly where they’re at now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "...., Hollinger also admits there aren't many rumblings coming from the San Antonio camp, which is par for the course."
    This is a move that would get everyone excited about next season and restore trust in the front office?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a move that would get everyone excited about next season and restore trust in the front office?

We both know this isnt all the spurs are going to pull off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&t for mills?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is possible. As he may want to help the Spurs, but Theiss seems odd, but then again, that makes it more likely than I want to consider.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a crappy signing but as long as Demar walks I'm fine with it since this team would end up being a high lottery team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are shopping for a backup center. It was known before the draft that they were looking at bigs around the league. That’s probably why they checked on Theis. As a free agent center, and not too expensive to be signed as a backup, he’s a name on a list of possibilities. It looks like.

The inquiry this early was probably a “background check” for character. I would guess. A good teammate? Good citizen in the community? All of that. We know the Spurs check character.
    Dieng? Eubanks? I mean, how much do we really need a reserve center? We need a starting power forward who can stretch the floor. But we don't really need a reserve center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng? Eubanks? I mean, how much do we really need a reserve center? We need a starting power forward who can stretch the floor. But we don't really need a reserve center.
    If we hang onto Dieng, I am good with our center personnel. We got three guys that know the system and bring differing aspects to the game to the table. You are right, we need a damn four. Sandwich and Bates-Diop is all there is now. Rudy is likely gone and the guy who is disappearing down the memory hole that was a four, Lyles, is gone too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we have are back up centers. We don’t need another one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per hoopshype, rockets are the favorite to land theis.

He is good back up big but I don't want to give back up C 9-10 millions per year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per hoopshype, rockets are the favorite to land theis.

He is good back up big but I don't want to give back up C 9-10 millions per year.

Not when we can give lauri 15

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we have are back up centers. We don’t need another one.
    Nothing the Spurs do makes any sense so this seems like a move they are likely to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he averaged more points for the Bulls and Celtics this year than Joshua Primo averaged for Alabama, FWIWWGAFWTF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poeltl can’t play 48 minutes every game.

Why am I having to tell you this?

Thread Information