Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its been more than a day since duncan announced his retirement and it just feels empty, like i feel nothing, not sad etc...

I dont think its gonna hit me until opening night of the regular season, anyone else feel the same?
    Nope I cried last night after watching highlights. Might cry again after typing this..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually perfect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is devastated no question about it. I always felt like after Tim's father passed pop stepped in and completely became the father figure for him. They just have a very special bond. Like very few bonds a player coach ever share.
    Yeah, it's going to be tough to let go of that guy for us even. Can you imagine being his coach for 20 years and close? Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else noticed the difference between Kobe's retirement articles/speeches from coaches players and broadcasters etc? There is so much sadness and talk about not just the great basketballer he is but of the great man he is, what he has done for people and the community, how much he was loved and how much he will be missed. There is so much genuine sadness there.

Kobe's year long farewell tour had people only focus on his basketball skills and I hardly heard anyone mention his off court stuff, relationships and that he was such a nice guy and team mate and touched peoples lives. I guess that's the difference when one is an egotistical, narcissist and the other is a genuine kind, caring and likeable person. Anyway, just saying the tone of Tim's retirement is so much different and rightfully so. So much more emotion's for the big fella and the tributes more touching. There will never be another one quite like Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1a. Kareem
    1b. Tim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Guys, I can't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that I thought about deeply today that is out of all the top 10 great players of all time Tim was probably the only guy who wasn't a Diva. Jordan,Magic,Jabbar,Lebron they all tended to have Diva like issues despite being GOATs. Tim on the other hand never brought any negative baggage with him. I think this is the thing in my eyes that hurts the most in the sense the Spurs could end up in the future lucking out getting another generational player but what's the odds that he won't have some negative baggage to deal with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, I teared up a couple of times reading these tweets, watching the videos of Pop and highlights of Timmy's career but it's not like the guy died. Why does it all feel so final? It probably sucks more because we know how private he is and we'll rarely ever see him again. I think if we knew he was turning into a coach or something who's more on camera, it would be easier. But I guess it's even more emotional as a Spurs fan because he was the franchise and he was very well liked and unassuming unlike other stars of his stature. TD was truly one of a kind.

these things always sound like eulogies.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one day, when we're older we'll look back and realize we had the greatest person to play the game. He sacrificed everything for us to win at a high level. He made due on his promises of "Till the wheels fall off," and to Miami, "We'll beat them this time." I grew up with him as my hero and now I will never see another game of his. It is over fellas. It was a good run. One of the greatest in NBA history and we were alive to witness it. We'll be able to tell our kids and grandkids that we were fans of the great Tim Duncan and we'll be there to defend him when some snot nose gum shoe kid gets heralded as the greatest power forward. Now I know why people defend Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, Oscar, West and other greats of yesteryear. Goodbye Duncan. Thanks for the memories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, I teared up a couple of times reading these tweets, watching the videos of Pop and highlights of Timmy's career but it's not like the guy died. Why does it all feel so final? It probably sucks more because we know how private he is and we'll rarely ever see him again. I think if we knew he was turning into a coach or something who's more on camera, it would be easier. But I guess it's even more emotional as a Spurs fan because he was the franchise and he was very well liked and unassuming unlike other stars of his stature. TD was truly one of a kind.

Just read this to my wife - we keep talking about how this feels like a damn eulogy.

Make sure to listen to his interview tomorrow with his best friend - I don't think we'll get much more than that.

one day, when we're older we'll look back and realize we had the greatest person to play the game. He sacrificed everything for us to win at a high level. He made due on his promises of "Till the wheels fall off," and to Miami, "We'll beat them this time." I grew up with him as my hero and now I will never see another game of his. It is over fellas. It was a good run. One of the greatest in NBA history and we were alive to witness it. We'll be able to tell our kids and grandkids that we were fans of the great Tim Duncan and we'll be there to defend him when some snot nose gum shoe kid gets heralded as the greatest power forward. Now I know why people defend Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, Oscar, West and other greats of yesteryear. Goodbye Duncan. Thanks for the memories.

Great post man, thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I definitely feel where you are coming from. I could accept it once the spurs announced the retirement but then the pain set in once I saw all the tweets by players and like you said it started to feel like a funeral.Pop made it feel worse when he spoke like he was delivering a eulogy. I guess it hurts so bad because we will probably not see Tim ever again at least not in a longtime. I think he will be a recluse much like Russell and Jabbar was after they retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowherd sticking to his schtick.

Cowturd is a ing clown. Shows how little you need to truly know to actually work in sports radio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowturd is a ing clown. Shows how little you need to truly know to actually work in sports radio.
    I don't take guys like Cowherd or Stephen A seriously ever because they are sycophants. One thing I have noticed about all the media guys who hated Duncan is they all tend to be sycophants. Sycophants tend to hate people who refuse to allow them access to their lives. Duncan was never going to give them access hence the hatred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why even post something like that. You thank any spurs fan wants to here that bs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't come to peace with him finish with only 5 les, I'm devestating!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is hope in terms of role models. Leonard is truly the only rare star the resembles timmy in terms of humility. In the entire league, I think Leonard is the only one. Every one else is in the curry chewing mouthpiece league.
    KAT seems to be that kind of guy too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine twenty or thirty years from now when two or three generations of NBA fans never saw prime Kobe or Timmy. At that point, Tim's achievements will be truly appreciated. These Kobe supporters are victims of the moment but numbers don't lie. Tim did more winning than anyone since Bill Russell. MJ has one more ring but the same amount of finals appearances. History is going to love Tim and not Kobe. To Spurs fans getting offended by people like Colin Cow , that sentiment will be lost to time.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't take guys like Cowherd or Stephen A seriously ever because they are sycophants. One thing I have noticed about all the media guys who hated Duncan is they all tend to be sycophants. Sycophants tend to hate people who refuse to allow them access to their lives. Duncan was never going to give them access hence the hatred.
    When someone goes out of their way to say things like that, they usually know their position is weak. Kobefans are so desperate to convince people that Bryant = Jordan, they tear down everyone else. They've been doing it to Lebron for a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Video. By far the best I've seen. Brilliantly edited, great choice of Music, great look as well.

Great find, timtonymanu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's cutting onions tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's cutting onions tbh.
    Ninjas

Thread Information