Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    bamba or bust.........bamba is the interior presence spurs have missed since duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kennard shooting 40% on 90 attempts.

Snell 3D guy

Langston to make money work

Pistons would have a pretty good big 3 w Blake Drummond and Demar.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how some people here think Mo Bamba is good. He's been and you know Pop won't play him cause he is young.

Id still take him if it means we are getting Defrozen traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Going full trade machine mode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it Holts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon and Fournier for DeRozan and Belinelli works mathematically. Just throwing it out there.
    That's the trade I had in mind though I wonder if the Spurs would ask for a pick too.

Gordon, Fournier, and a 2020 lottery protected 1st for DeRozan and Belinelli. As flawed as DDR is, he's still clearly the best player in the deal. Fournier is also going to make $17 million next season.

He's not a bad player but I don't think he's worth $17 million, giving up a first might be worth it to get off of that money and get a "star" player that would probably stick around-DDR would certainly raise their team's floor but not their ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Going full trade machine mode
    Spurs would have to give up a pick but Galo fits better that DDR at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Spurs could get depends entirely on whether DDR is willing to commit to Orlando long term , provided that they’re interested in him in the first place. Similar to the Tobias Harris trade from last season - Philly paid a lot but they knew they were keeping him and paid him accordingly. There’s no way Orlando would be trading Gordon for an expiring DDR unless they’re totally desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder would never do this, but a Three way with Magic might work.

Thunder get: Gordon, Augustin + Spurs First round pick
    Spurs get: Gallo + Magic 2nd round pick
    Magic get: DDR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if Isaac is included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Spurs could get depends entirely on whether DDR is willing to commit to Orlando long term , provided that they’re interested in him in the first place. Similar to the Tobias Harris trade from last season - Philly paid a lot but they knew they were keeping him and paid him accordingly. There’s no way Orlando would be trading Gordon for an expiring DDR unless they’re totally desperate.
    I don't think he's actually going to opt out. Most of the teams with cap space are bad anyways. Orlando may be willing to commit long term and he may be willing to stay and take the money and years being offered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the trade I had in mind though I wonder if the Spurs would ask for a pick too.

Gordon, Fournier, and a 2020 lottery protected 1st for DeRozan and Belinelli. As flawed as DDR is, he's still clearly the best player in the deal. Fournier is also going to make $17 million next season.

He's not a bad player but I don't think he's worth $17 million, giving up a first might be worth it to get off of that money and get a "star" player that would probably stick around-DDR would certainly raise their team's floor but not their ceiling.
    Funny, reading some other sites sounds like magic fans would be ok with a Gordon/Fournier for DDR/salary ballast swap, but they’d expect the spurs to be the ones giving up the assets.

Each fan base simultaneously undervalues and overvalued what they are giving up (not just us, lol). Aaron Gordon sucks and is killing the growth of Isaac!! A Gordon for AD seems like a fair swap...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DeRozan now = surrender by the FO. With this roster, subtracting a 20ppg scorer is suicide and we become worse than the warriors.

The entire roster sucks ass in the modern NBA, it’s not all DeRozans fault like people want to believe.
    I'm not sure people are blaming Derozan. He's just probably the only player the Spurs have that could get them a decent/good player in return. I don't know if Aldridge would get the Spurs a return like Derozan would. He might, but right now I don't see too many teams interested in Aldridge.

Orlando is looking for help in the scoring department. Derozan solves that problem for them. Orlando is also very bad at getting to the foul line. Again Derozan solves that problem for them. It sucks he and LaMarcus aren't working out the way we all hoped. I'd prefer Aldridge go, but doubt the Spurs could get anything of value for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, reading some other sites sounds like magic fans would be ok with a Gordon/Fournier for DDR/salary ballast swap, but they’d expect the spurs to be the ones giving up the assets.

Each fan base simultaneously undervalues and overvalued what they are giving up (not just us, lol). Aaron Gordon sucks and is killing the growth of Isaac!! A Gordon for AD seems like a fair swap...

Yeah that's pretty crazy tbh. DeRozan is pretty flawed but he's definitely streets ahead of Gordon and Fournier in terms of talent. PATFO wouldn't be crazy to ask for a protected 1st in a return for DeRozan. Maybe something like lottery protected for 2020 and converts to 2 2nd rounders if it doesn't convey.

Orlando would consolidate the money they'd pay for AG and Fournier in DeRozan, be able to pair him with Vucevic and still have some young talent that could pop (Bamba, Isaac, Fultz, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snell 3D guy

I could see this happening, I don't quite see the incentive for the Magic to take on DDR
    However, I really expect nothing happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snell 3D guy

Trade wouldn't work; Spurs already have 15 players, they'd have 17.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't work cuz LMA dont wanna be a center in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozen+Forbes+Belli for Gordon+Fournier+Okeke Orlando gets playmaker scorer they want and shooting it wants while also getting off of long term contracts and spurs get athleticism and defensive potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bamba or bust.........bamba is the interior presence spurs have missed since duncan
    +1

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ddr + loonie(forbes) for gordon(fournier), bamba and 1st pick

and i came up with an idea of building a two towers roster like during the duncan-robinson era. Lma, belli and lyles for whiteside, collins and a pick.
    murray/forbes(white)/gordon(fournier)/collins/bamba
    Last edited by spurspl; 11-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fournier took 450 threes last year compared to DeRozan's 45.
    He hit 153 compared to DeRozan's 7.

His career 3pt% is 37%. Starting him with White and Murray hides his defense and opens the floor for them and Aldridge. He's younger and cheaper than DeRozan. No brainer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams? I guess tweeted out that the Magic aren't looking to trade Gordon, several teams are interested though.

Thread Information