Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're missing the point. Whether the picks are far into the future is irrelevant (aren't OKC's or ours for that matter?), as they're not planning on building a contender through the draft. If the Lakers so choose they could trade a pretty significant package of 2 unprotected picks + 2 unprotected swaps + 4 second rounders RIGHT NOW. They don't have to wait one second, and YES, that's a pretty valuable package, better than the one that Dejounte got us. And in 5 months you can add one more pick to that (NO's pick, which they cannot trade directly but can draft a player and trade his rights after draft day). They're just extra cautious in light of how the recent blockbusters they made (AD & Westbrook) ended up. But I fully expect them to use those in case a true star is available, like say KD (don't think that'll be enough, but if things go sour for the Nets, who knows).
    I don't disagree with anything you've said, but lets focus on what I wrote.
    The Pelicans have a swap with the the lakers which they will exercise. That's one first the lakers wont have.
    In 2024 or 2025 the pelicans have another of the lakers picks. That's another pick the lakers wont have. That's 2 of the next 3 picks. Oh yeah and in 3 years Lebron will be over 40 years old. End of story. That's all my point was.

Everything else, you're right and I don't disagree with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with anything you've said, but lets focus on what I wrote.
    The Pelicans have a swap with the the lakers which they will exercise. That's one first the lakers wont have.
    In 2024 or 2025 the pelicans have another of the lakers picks. That's another pick the lakers wont have. That's 2 of the next 3 picks. Oh yeah and in 3 years Lebron will be over 40 years old. End of story. That's all my point was.

Everything else, you're right and I don't disagree with it.
    The will have a pick though, the Pelican's pick. So they will still have a first rounder incoming this offseason (unless they trade said player). They're only missing 1 FRP over the next 3 years, not 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't figure out how to embed tweets anymore... but apparently someone has offered 3 FRPs for OG Anunoby

https://twitter.com/RaptorsRumorsTO/status/1617880414831652867?s=20&t=hspwpRONjcMD_gQHYkZW5Q

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't figure out how to embed tweets anymore... but apparently someone has offered 3 FRPs for OG Anunoby

https://twitter.com/RaptorsRumorsTO/status/1617880414831652867?s=20&t=hspwpRONjcMD_gQHYkZW5Q

Saw that, but I think its probably toronto trying to drive up interest in OG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bet it's one of NY, OKC, or NOLA. They all have a number of picks and might be thinking OG puts them over the top (NOLA) or will help make a serious playoff run (OKC, NY)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 FRPs (depending on the protection) is a very fair deal for OG for both sides. Similar value to Dejounte makes sense.

He holds an intriguing skillset and could probably take a leap on a team that wanted to utilize him differently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 FRPs (depending on the protection) is a very fair deal for OG for both sides. Similar value to Dejounte makes sense.

He holds an intriguing skillset and could probably take a leap on a team that wanted to utilize him differently.
    3 FRPs sounds high personally. But then again, we want 2 for Poetl...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 FRPs sounds high personally. But then again, we want 2 for Poetl...
    He is a 25y/o, rock solid, 2way wing who has the ability to expand his offensive game with more touches. It takes 3 FRPs to find a guy like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a 25y/o, rock solid, 2way wing who has the ability to expand his offensive game with more touches. It takes 3 FRPs to find a guy like this.
    He's whatever people are willing to pay to obtain him. If no one trades 3 FRPs for him, then he's not worth it. If someone does the trade, then he's worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy… But OG is overhyped af imo. Maybe I’m bias but who would you rather have OG or Keldon? Reason I ask nobody would even come close to offering the same deal of 3 first rounders for Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The devil is in the details... say you have multiple protected first rounders from different teams, like NY. Then if you take into account the time it takes for those picks to convey, the fact that they're capped and you don't know how low those picks would be, that even if they're good picks (say mid first round) there are no guarantees that they'd pan out, and even if they pan out it may take a while, then 3 1sts it doesn't sound unreasonable at all.

On the other hand, if we're talking far out, unprotected picks of the same team, which happens to have a history of bad decisions and short term goals, then I wouldn't be so comfortable because you can't predict that far into the future. This sounds kind of excessive considering OG has yet to make the leap, not only has he not made the AS team, he's the third or fourth best player on a team that's lottery bound (after Siakam, VanVleet & Scottie Barnes IMO).

So IMO it's all contingent on the fine print. 3 first is ok, but I wouldn't do 3 far out, unprotected first for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy… But OG is overhyped af imo. Maybe I’m bias but who would you rather have OG or Keldon? Reason I ask nobody would even come close to offering the same deal of 3 first rounders for Keldon.
    I would want Anunoby, but then Keldon just isn't that good. Anunoby is definitely overrated, but a good, dynamic wing could push any of these mediocre contending teams over the top. If he's getting 3 first rounders, though... The market is weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG hands down. Not even a question. Depends on protections but Keldon would only fetch 2 FRPs because he is starting a fair/friendly contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very little difference on offense... OG gets it on D.....

Not a huge overall difference though ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very little difference on offense... OG gets it on D.....

Not a huge overall difference though ..
    Difference on O is Keldon has been handed the keys. Swap both and OG would look pretty damn good I bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Raps want 3 unprotecteds so that isn’t going to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have doubts he can be as offensively gifted as Dejounte, but he’s still solid and is a great defender so is what it is. Costs a lot for good players like him, Dejounte etc…

You’d think though people would have some pauses on trading 3+ picks for players given we have seen ATL make zero leap after obtaining DJ and Minny make zero leap after paying up for Rudy….

Ya, CLE worked out solid with Mitc but that is a guy we knew for sure was an offensive engine. Is OG? That is the difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have doubts he can be as offensively gifted as Dejounte, but he’s still solid and is a great defender so is what it is. Costs a lot for good players like him, Dejounte etc…

You’d think though people would have some pauses on trading 3+ picks for players given we have seen ATL make zero leap after obtaining DJ and Minny make zero leap after paying up for Rudy….

Ya, CLE worked out solid with Mitc but that is a guy we knew for sure was an offensive engine. Is OG? That is the difference
    Totally agree. I wouldn’t pay that unless I was on the cusp of something and needed a solid two way wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, OG has one year left in his contract (actually 2, but the last one is PO and he won't opt in), and he's looking for a bigger role and paycheck. I'd think twice before rejecting a really good offer if I were Toronto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG would be awesome here, but he’s not within our time cycle right now.

If we already had our Pg of the future, like a Scoot, then I say go for it, but right now there are too many other needs.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old news, but I would have liked OG in that Kawhi trade somehow. Though Yak has been solid. But OG is a position every team needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difference on O is Keldon has been handed the keys. Swap both and OG would look pretty damn good I bet.
    It's possible bit I don't believe OG has the mentality to do anything much if he has the keys....he doesn't seem as aggressive as KJ to me....but until he gets a shot it's just a theory...so..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As an example, To embed just delete everything else except the number string (which I’ve bolded as an example) after pasting into the twitter reply button.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-celtics-more
    The struggling Portland Trail Blazers are intensely engrossed in improving the roster with the trade deadline approaching, and they are said to be listening to all overtures, league sources tell Bleacher Report.
    The organization remains committed to being opportunistic and creative in trying to surround franchise star Damian Lillard with a roster capable of competing with the best.
    There are no plans to tank this season, sources say.
    I didn't put much stock into the Poeltl to the Blazers rumor, but even though there's no direct confirmation on it, they seem to be proactive in making (unspecified) deals, so who knows...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The will have a pick though, the Pelican's pick. So they will still have a first rounder incoming this offseason (unless they trade said player). They're only missing 1 FRP over the next 3 years, not 2.
    I always credit people when they are correct and in this case you are correct, however the pelicans will have the better of their picks and the lakers picks because of the swaps. its not that they don't have picks, its that the lakers will likely get the worse of the picks. Details are important and i appreciate that you and Ariel actually know you stuff rather than just spewing out opinionated nonsense. Thanks.
    know your stuff,

Thread Information