Page 651 of 745 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,275 of 18607
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate the owners can't opt out of the current CBA until 2022. Because now we have established precedent that it's ok for players with multiple years left on their contracts to hold out for a trade to a larger market. How does this look to small market owners who s out guaranteed money and players can still refuse to show up to their teams? If this happens to the Spurs after winning 61 games and making the WCF how would this not happen to other small market franchises? If this kind of bull is allowed the owners are going to push hard for an NFL style CBA with one way contracts and a hard cap, and there will likely be no 2022-23 season.
    That would almost be a win for Spurs fans in this Kawhi saga. If we thought LeBron & KD have ruined the NBA, this would pretty much assure most that this league was brought down by this cancerous mute & his uncle. No one in their right mind would wanna deal with this group at all anymore, thus ensuring they lose out on all kinds of money & endorsements & all that stuff.. even players (current & former) would lose their marbles over this

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not hurt. His group said he's 100%. If they cannot find an acceptable trade offer, he can report to training camp and play out the season.
    Meh I'd make him go through training camp and then send his ass off to New York for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing is that Uncle & the group are desperate.

Hasn't even been a month since the trade request and they've already played most of their hand, imagine what these gots will do when it's nearing training camp.

I honestly expect Cris Carter to show up in "Roots" cosplay next week as some kind of protest about how the Spurs are treating Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he really wanted to get traded he would cooperate with the Spurs to find a suitable trade partner and he would leak some Instagram videos of himself putting in work and looking ready to play.

Still think he doesn't get traded...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boogie got hurt last year and lost a 100mil, maybe guys shouldn't play at all during a contract year whether they're healthy or not

How ing stupid do you have to be think these situations are similar
    Don't laugh, this is what's looming. Just sit and watch more and more players coasting their way to their next big payday.

This has REALLY became only a business for everyone. No accountability or commitment anymore, players and FOs basically being enemies and "groups" everywhere brainwashing and feasting on their golden egg chicken.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this is playing out exactly like I told everyone it would months ago. That he would try to force a trade to LA and LA only and the Spurs would never get in trade. Spurs might as well suspend the mother er and let him waste a second year of his prime, because they are not getting any kind of decent asset in trade. No way Toronto doesn't run like from this trade now. Burn that mother er to the ground.
    Jerry West has already publicly shown more willingness to deal with us than Magic. He offered us Tobias, a lottery pick, and "additional players" even after Kawhi destroyed his trade value to everywhere but LA. Apparently Ingram and Kuzma are off the table right now with the Lakers. If Tobias agrees to an extension, Kawhi for Harris, Harrell S&T and two future firsts. I'd rather have that than Deng/Hart/Zubac/Wagner.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry West has already publicly shown more willingness to deal with us than Magic. He offered us Tobias, a lottery pick, and "additional players" even after Kawhi destroyed his trade value to everywhere but LA. Apparently Ingram and Kuzma are off the table right now with the Lakers. If Tobias agrees to an extension, Kawhi for Harris, Harrell S&T and two future firsts. I'd rather have that than Deng/Hart/Zubac/Wagner.
    I'd rather have nothing and make the got sit out the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hasn't even been a month since the trade request and they've already played most of their hand, imagine what these gots will do when it's nearing training camp.

I honestly expect Cris Carter to show up in "Roots" cosplay next week as some kind of protest about how the Spurs are treating Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris? Yeah, I'd let Kawhi sit instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate the owners can't opt out of the current CBA until 2022. Because now we have established precedent that it's ok for players with multiple years left on their contracts to hold out for a trade to a larger market. How does this look to small market owners who s out guaranteed money and players can still refuse to show up to their teams? If this happens to the Spurs after winning 61 games and making the WCF how would this not happen to other small market franchises? If this kind of bull is allowed the owners are going to push hard for an NFL style CBA with one way contracts and a hard cap, and there will likely be no 2022-23 season.
    the goods ..

Spurs won't be fighting this out of self-interest; the entire future of small market teams is what's at sake here.

At some point Adam Sliver has to wake the up and stop indulging in vogue cultural/social sensibilities . These star players and their entourages have gotten too empowered in this league that's is a defacto prisoners-running-the-asylum situation. It took a daring amateur agent and his autistic nephew to show us the reach of their power. Owners now know that the multi-million contracts they hand out to players mean jack if compared to the 8th medical opinion the disgruntled star receives which tell him to stop playing until he gets moved..

PATFO need to make an example of that got and his group. They just can't let this disgraceful act go away..
    Last edited by spursistan; 07-13-2018 at 10:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It sure doesn't play out as they expected. Pop fooling and toying with these amateurs

I'll facilitate a trade and do everything to make you happy, son.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ice, my dude. It's friday, take a breath and enjoy the weekend. He'll get his tbh.
    Yeah, OK man. I will take your advice and chill.

As for Cris Carter, I don't know, I just get the feeling that he's more than a mouthpiece. I think he's an influencer that's been pushing Kawhi to leave the whole time he's had contact with him. I could be wrong, but I think he's been part of the group pushing for Kawhi to leave well before it got anywhere near this point.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-13-2018 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he really wanted to get traded he would cooperate with the Spurs to find a suitable trade partner and he would leak some Instagram videos of himself putting in work and looking ready to play.

They don't want him to be traded, unless to a team they intend him to re-sign with. They're guaranteed to lose $40 mil if traded somewhere else and seeing how upset they were about that $20 mil Nike offer, twice that much must hurt.

Also seeing what has happened to Cousins should be really dreadful for the group.

Spurs should wait it out and tell him to report to training camp, as they appear to be doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people bringing up IT as some sort of cautionary tale (not surprising it's dumb Laker fans), when Kawhi went to 10 doctors before he found one that said he should sit out.....
    Spot on man, spot on. Funny that Laker fans bring this up. How freaking ridiculous can it get? You can't just ing sit out whenever you feel like it. If you want to do that, give all the money back and don't play basketball again. You might not get injured that way. This guy and his clown crew needs to be made an example of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't me wrong, the way NBA superstars have to be pampered like 5 year olds is disgusting and it definitely has to do with the CBA. But I'd rather have that than the NFL where retired players can't get the health coverage they need. MLB is a nice in-between.

And really? You'd rather have nothing than Harris/Harrell/two future firsts? I'd send him to the Clippers. He wants LA? Sure, we can give him LA . . . the less marketable franchise in LA, that is. We're still sticking it to him while getting something back. Trust me, he won't get a whole lot more endorsements on the Clippers than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'Dont trade me to the Raptors!"
    Wow. What a piece of tbh. Pop should just take a bat to his in knees tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Spurs keep him, and Pop goes off on Leanord during a game or practice, what are the odds Leanord goes Sprewell on Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All it took was a trade for TP to be in proper shape, tbh. Dude looks like he spent 2 weeks in the Gobi desert with half a gourd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs keep him, and Pop goes off on Leanord during a game or practice, what are the odds Leanord goes Sprewell on Pop?
    Lmao he'd probably crush Pop's windpipe with those hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A press release? For what? To say you only want to be traded to the Lakers?
    Last edited by RD2191; 07-13-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Fuck Kawhi tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'Dont trade me to the Raptors!"
    This is how you stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the goods ..

Spurs won't be fighting this out of self-interest; the entire future of small market teams is what's at sake here.

At some point Adam Sliver has to wake the up and stop indulging in vogue cultural/social sensibilities . These star players and their entourages have gotten too empowered in this league that's is a defacto prisoners-running-the-asylum situation. It took a daring amateur agent and his autistic nephew to show us the reach of their power. Owners now know that the multi-million contracts they hand out to players mean jack if compared to the 8th medical opinion the disgruntled star receives which tell him to stop playing until he gets moved..

PATFO need to make an example of that got and his group. They just can't let this disgraceful act go away..
    It would be fascinating to know what small-market owners are saying behind closed doors, and whether they are speaking to Silver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Clippers did want him bad enough, they don't need to trade us straight up, they could use a 3rd team for assets to the Spurs. I don't know what that would look like, but I'm sure West has already considered what it would take. They would probably have to take some bad contracts and the 3rd team sending stuff to the Spurs.

Thread Information