Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I get that, and don't dispute it at all. My point is just that the resulting difference in game graphics isn't all that noticeable. But I guess it takes time to develop truly next gen games?
    It does. Just like every generation, there's tools that need to be built too to take advantage of this stuff also. Need to create higher-res models, retool engines to fully utilize the SSD/streaming content, etc.

Some of the details might be subtle (ie: high quality reflections or lightning), but like I said, if you have a 4k set, you should be able to tell the difference.

And loading speeds is night and day. Just the overall experience is much nicer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really can't talk too much about what's coming though, sorry. UE5 is not (officially) out yet either, most of the UE games out there are using 4.25/4.26 which doesn't include Lumen or Nanite in it, and the raytracing support isn't ideal.

I've played that demo on my kit though, and it's even nicer than it looks there due to the YouTube compression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does. Just like every generation, there's tools that need to be built too to take advantage of this stuff also. Need to create higher-res models, retool engines to fully utilize the SSD/streaming content, etc.

Some of the details might be subtle (ie: high quality reflections or lightning), but like I said, if you have a 4k set, you should be able to tell the difference.

And loading speeds is night and day. Just the overall experience is much nicer.
    better sustained frame rates too. i never played dark souls on ps3 but supposedly there was massive frame/lag issues in one area (blighttown) that was completely fixed in the remastered version i played.

i dont really remember any big performance issues in God of War PS4 for example (i didnt even had PS4 Pro), but jumping to a sustained 60 FPS sounds awesome

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better sustained frame rates too. i never played dark souls on ps3 but supposedly there was massive frame/lag issues in one area (blighttown) that was completely fixed in the remastered version i played.

i dont really remember any big performance issues in God of War PS4 for example (i didnt even had PS4 Pro), but jumping to a sustained 60 FPS sounds awesome
    God of War is absolute rock solid 30 fps on base PS4. ing nuts for how weak the hardware is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here apalisoc_9

Might be a Day 1 purchase given how little will be on PS5 at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Bet ElNono already platinumed that amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's as good and fun as it looks, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here apalisoc_9

Might be a Day 1 purchase given how little will be on PS5 at the time.

Mght convince me to get a ps5.

They’re saying this is the first next gen experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's as good and fun as it looks, tbh
    Not surprised.

Now if i can pnly find a PS5. Heard the stock issues will persist till the end of 2021. If i cant easily buy it off the shelf..might have to play ratchrt next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised.

Now if i can pnly find a PS5. Heard the stock issues will persist till the end of 2021. If i cant easily buy it off the shelf..might have to play ratchrt next year
    AMD said there will be shortages through the first half of 2021, never said anything about 2H 2021 AFAIK.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PlayStation direct had some in stock today. ing missed the queue by like 4 hours.

I have it bookmarked now though for the next time. Walmart has been quiet as too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We pumpin' em as fast as we can, tbh... PS5 launch already sold better than PS4 launch, making it the most successful in PS history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We pumpin' em as fast as we can, tbh... PS5 launch already sold better than PS4 launch, making it the most successful in PS history.
    Bend over, I'll show you pumpin' as fast as we can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PlayStation direct had some in stock today. ing missed the queue by like 4 hours.

I have it bookmarked now though for the next time. Walmart has been quiet as too.
    Walmart will be quiet another week or two most likely. I think they just wait until they can stockpile a few consoles and then release them all within an hour window one day. Best Buy is who I would be looking to, they seem overdue for a drop and the last BB drops was on a Friday I think. Haven't had one in like 3 weeks now. Make sure to keep those two pages I recommended before loaded with alarms sounds on and have all your CC and shipping info preordered, you're logged in, etc before attempting.

This should be the direct link for the Digital Edition on Walmart, though I wouldn't expect another restock for a couple of weeks.

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=493824815

Best Buy has supposedly built up stock for a release this week too. Here is a tracker you can set alarms with:

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogami...soles/sonyps5/

Best Buy you might have a reasonable shot with since their add to cart button makes everyone wait some random time (everyone the same though) and then you click the button to place the order. So it can't be spammed as easily by bots as Target and Walmart are. Much better chance you're at least competing with other humans when trying to order off Best Buy.

Also here is one more tracker. Sometimes a drop will show up on the first tracker I link, sometimes only on this one, but most of the time on both trackers.

https://www.zoolert.com/videogames/c.../playstation5/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Playstation Direct seems to have them in stock a lot longer than other places when they do

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Playstation Direct seems to have them in stock a lot longer than other places when they do
    Yeah it’s because of the queue I was talking about. The way it works is you are put in a line and then are made to wait up to an hour then are randomly selected. You also have to have a PSN ID and be logged in. So it’s not a free for all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tec...k-for-thursday

That link explains it better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it’s because of the queue I was talking about. The way it works is you are put in a line and then are made to wait up to an hour then are randomly selected. You also have to have a PSN ID and be logged in. So it’s not a free for all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tec...k-for-thursday

That link explains it better.
    I refuse to give any CC info to Sony with how often they get hacked and how if someone hacks your PSN account and charges to a stored CC you get your account banned if you dispute the charges with your CC company. No thanks there. It's why I buy digital games only with PSN cards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to give any CC info to Sony with how often they get hacked and how if someone hacks your PSN account and charges to a stored CC you get your account banned if you dispute the charges with your CC company. No thanks there. It's why I buy digital games only with PSN cards.
    Sounds like extreme paranoia.

Are you the type that calls in angrily demanding your money back? I have had some issues with them in the past and it has always been resolved. Back when I was a poorsung I used to buy with my mother’s card. Her card was the primary card on their site and my psn plus had run out and automatically reupped. After getting chewed out by my mom I called them to undo the up and they complied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like extreme paranoia.

Are you the type that calls in angrily demanding your money back? I have had some issues with them in the past and it has always been resolved. Back when I was a poorsung I used to buy with my mother’s card. Her card was the primary card on their site and my psn plus had run out and automatically reupped. After getting chewed out by my mom I called them to undo the up and they complied.
    Not really. Sony gets hacked a lot and I have read a few horror stories about people getting their accounts hacked and then having hundreds of dollars of bought on them and then they get banned if they try to dispute the charges. I could picture Sony being stupid enough to have passwords in plaintext in 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Sony gets hacked a lot and I have read a few horror stories about people getting their accounts hacked and then having hundreds of dollars of bought on them and then they get banned if they try to dispute the charges. I could picture Sony being stupid enough to have passwords in plaintext in 2021.
    Just make a new PSN account for the purchase. If your account gets hacked, revert the charge on the CC, and if Sony wants to ban the account, you don't have to care.

You don't have to use the same PSN account to purchase and use the console.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t they know something was up when people start spree shopping and have the IP be from a different place or user? Seems easy enough to clear up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never had problems with my CC on the service, but if you want some protection, you can always do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just make a new PSN account for the purchase. If your account gets hacked, revert the charge on the CC, and if Sony wants to ban the account, you don't have to care.

You don't have to use the same PSN account to purchase and use the console.
    You don't think Sony is going to prioritize long time accounts they know belong to gamers though as opposed to people who just signed up for PSN and are thus much more likely to be scalpers? Isn't scalping really hurting Sony right now? Like system sales have been through the roof, but game sales not so much despite PS5 having probably the best launch lineup any Playstation has ever had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if these systems come with any PSN credit? When I got my PS4 they gave me a $10 PSN code free as soon as I signed in to it. Probably not since Sony has to be losing quite a bit of money selling the PS5 at $500.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony really did an excellent job making the PS5 UI look extra clean and lean.

Also minor preference but I like how the trophy notification is on the right again. The sounds it makes is also less...poppy and more soothing if that makes sense.

Thread Information