Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree.

We can still get a solid piece with the 11th or 12th pick, but the team needs to start investing in their younger players (with bigger roles + more minutes) & moving on from the 'Mediocre 3" is imperative.
    I agree, I don’t think you can keep any of them as they will not accept a reduced role and Pop won’t give it to them.

Looking forward to the draft, FA and Summer League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i pray spurs arent standing around with all that $$ and nobody to spend it on. Then they start looking at defraud again
    That’s my biggest fear. It’s like they’ve forgotten what a winner is like. I’d rather lose with young players who play D and try hard all day then watch another second of Derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, I don’t think you can keep any of them as they will not accept a reduced role and Pop won’t give it to them.

Looking forward to the draft, FA and Summer League.
    Riight, the Spurs have never put the same SL for consecutive seasons. There's bound to be a new starter next year. We'll see who.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Live and die, boys!!
    Y'all didn't really expect any of the players to say "that guy sucks" did you?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are big words for two guys who saw us losing today and didn't show any aggression.

Devin better hit the weights and take his dribble game from a C- to a B this summer.

And Keldon better really nut up over the summer the way he passes up shots currently.

Right now this is very much just talk.
    Murray has the opposite problem from the other youngsters in that he's never seen a shot he doesn't like lol. Took the worst attribute from Demar/Rudy's game. Regardless, all the youngsters needs to lock themselves in the gym and shoot nothing but threes.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe he can learn better shot selection this summer...or pick up a three point shot while he's at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't tell if he's crying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At the end of this clip, he's talking about the Spurs in past tense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

That's the sound of a broken man. Getting benched the entire 2nd half will do that to a young player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , we need Samanic to be out there working with them and actually cracking the rotation. He should glimpses of being a rotation guy, but Pop was always gonna go with Rudy Gay over him.

Hopefully, that changes next season. *Praying dog GIF*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He missed the playoffs the past two seasons. He hasn't been an all-star in three seasons since leaving the East. It's time to give up on the notion that he's a star player. He's an upjumped Lou Williams
    Which is my point. Have a look at Curry, top 3 best player. Won 6 more games than the Spurs. My point is because DDR cannot lead a team to the playoffs doesn't mean he is bad. He is still very very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may be just words but I really liked all the things the players said in postgame. I've made my opinions known about how we should've handled the last couple weeks of the season but I'm hopeful about these young guys. Should be a very interesting offseason even though I'm not as high on this free agent class as some of you seem to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay had 20 points on 8 for 21. On what planet does old ass Rudy take 21 shots.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is my point. Have a look at Curry, top 3 best player. Won 6 more games than the Spurs. My point is because DDR cannot lead a team to the playoffs doesn't mean he is bad. He is still very very good.
    Curry led his team to an 8th seed which is playoffs. Demar, these past two seasons, has led the Spurs to 11th last season and 10th this season. That's non-playoffs in a normal year(play-ins are bull ). I'm not sure why you want to give somebody props for leading a team to a treadmill finish two years in a row. He's not good enough to build a pretender, let alone a contender. What's the point of having him? If you want to miss the playoffs, the youngsters are perfectly capable of doing that on their own. If anything, his inability to lead the team to the playoffs has proven how much of a failure the Kawhi trade was. They wanted to "compete" instead of blowing it up. Instead, they've done neither and are worse off for it. Three wasted years of Demar isos leading to mediocre picks and flawed prospects as a result.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry led his team to an 8th seed which is playoffs. Demar, these past two seasons, has led the Spurs to 11th last season and 10th this season. That's non-playoffs in a normal year(play-ins are bull ). I'm not sure why you want to give somebody props for leading a team to a treadmill finish two years in a row. He's not good enough to build a pretender, let alone a contender. What's the point of having him? If you want to miss the playoffs, the youngsters are perfectly capable of doing that on their own. If anything, his inability to lead the team to the playoffs has proven how much of a failure the Kawhi trade was. They wanted to "compete" instead of blowing it up. Instead, they've done neither and are worse off for it. Three wasted years of Demar isos leading to mediocre picks and flawed prospects as a result.
    Agreed. If Demar was a legit star he would managed to get the Spurs in the playoffs the last two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't read anything I said.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's definitely crying and that's frustrating because he wasn't pushing himself hard at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those saying well least we didn't hurt our draft pick yall realize winning this game wouldn't have affected that right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That hurts but it’s the kind of thing that I hope builds mental toughness, and compe ive desire. The playoffs aren’t for the faint hearted and is full of heartbreaks even if you get to it bc there’s only one champion at the end. Demar isn’t the kind to teach mental toughness.

Guys have to feel like they left it all on the court and draw confidence from that, then come back better. That’s the only way to handle it, I think. He looks like he’s crying yeah. He needs a vacation, I bet the end of the season (so many losses in a row) and this ending is mentally draining and exhausting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already cursed with loss for posting too soon
    Called it...real reason we lost...thank op everyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That hurts but it’s the kind of thing that I hope builds mental toughness, and compe ive desire. The playoffs aren’t for the faint hearted and is full of heartbreaks even if you get to it bc there’s only one champion at the end. Demar isn’t the kind to teach mental toughness.

Guys have to feel like they left it all on the court and draw confidence from that, then come back better. That’s the only way to handle it, I think. He looks like he’s crying yeah. He needs a vacation, I bet the end of the season (so many losses in a row) and this ending is mentally draining and exhausting.
    This will make making the playoffs in the future with this young core that much more meaningful. Especially if we can do it with this young group.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more rant and then I'm done. Pop wanted the young Spurs to experience a playoff game feel. Walker got 17 minutes and VAssell got 10. Jones, Weatherspoon, and Diop got zero. DDR got 38 minutes, Rudy Gay got 27 minutes, and Patty Mills got 30 minutes. So we made the play-in so that Vassell could get 10 minutes of playoff basketball experience?

Thread Information