Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skip Bayless comes across as a carnival barker at times but he's very credible on two things, the Spurs and Kawhi Leonard.

He's had a source within the Spurs for years and his scoops about the Spurs were/are almost always correct.

When Kawhi left, Skip excoriated him mercilessly, even refusing to say his name.

Then Skip suddenly jumped into Kawhi's corner, like a WWF transformation. Skip says he ran into Uncle Dennis at a fight in Vegas and Dennis called him out for constantly trashing Kawhi, then they talked, and then became fast friends.

Skip's been in Kawhi's corner corner ever since. If Skip says it about Kawhi, I believe it:

I have been told by a very good source that the first issue became Kawhi was unhappy with the Clippers medical staff, because he felt that they, early on, misdiagnosed and underplayed the extent of this knee injury.

I was also told, as I told you from day one when this happened, he’s gone. He’s going to need some type of surgery. I’m not sure exactly what the extent of it is. But he’s going to need surgery. So, he’s out for the rest of the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's fine, next question ! " and he hasn't played since. Put that together with what happened previously and you have to work damn hard to not believe this is heading down that same path. This is the guy who didn't return a call from the Admiral. How many times did we see, dnp - old and how much did Pop and the staff rest the trio, especially Timmy. They took an L in the first round of the playoffs rather than risk Timmy's health and career. And an adult playing hide and seek ? Is that cat for real ? Clearly, he's got some serious issues and they didn't go away.

Why would he say, "It's fine, next question " ? The only thing I can figure is that this is what the medical staff told him ; they told him that he was fine. He didn't really feel that way, but thought that it might improve. However, it doesn't feel quite right. So, he doesn't trust the medical staff again and won't play. On the other hand, there's no mri or anything else showing something serious or something that he could worsen by playing which is what the Clip's medical staff is telling him. He won't play unless he feels near perfect. And this was always going to be a bad ending to the season for him. Normally, you assume the best players for teams will be healthy and the best teams are going to win. You acknowledge that there could be an exception or two, but only 1 or 2 teams who are legitimate contenders will lose a star. But the NBA made some really bad decisions in order to try to generate extra revenue. They cut the break to 2 months. They packed the schedule and picked a really bad year to do that. The best players have to play major minutes down the stretch and they have to carry the team. Joel Embiid, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Doncic, and the rest. Now injuries are the main reason a team wins or loses. And we're stuck with Chris Paul and Devin Booker for the Suns against the Bucks with Antetokounmpo and Middleton. If the Lakers were healthy, they might not have been the favorites, but they had a reasonable chance of competing for the le. The Nets might have been the favorites with the three stars and Joe Harris playing well together. They were a lot more efficient than I ever believed (Kyrie had 50-40-90 season and Harden wasn't in the low 40s). Philly had the number one seed and Embiid was playing great. Simmons can't hit outside of the paint, but they have shooters and a great defense. Then, the Clippers with a healthy PG13 and Kawhi who was playing out of his mind would have had a realistic chance at winning as well. Doncic nearly carried the mavs despite his injury. Those were the best teams, the teams, all things being equal, which had the best chances of winning. And they all went out. Chris Paul despite his playoff history is the best point guard in this era after Nash's exit and Booker is a very good player. Still, is this the best team in the West ? Not at all. The Lakers and Clippers were both better. Brooklyn had to be the le favorites if they were healthy perhaps followed by Philadelphia . So, we've arguably got the third best team in each conference likely to meet in the Finals.

And a season that for outside reasons had lots of injuries would inevitably catch up with Kawhi. This problem is likely to only exacerbate with Kawhi . Each time he has an injury, he is going to become su ious of the medical staff if everything doesn't seem to go according to his expectations and / or he doesn't feel quite right. It could become a cycle and a mental issue with him if it isn't already. And, truthfully, that's a shame because he really has worked extremely hard on his game to become one of the very, very best players in the entire league. He was having an incredible post-season.

I don't wish him ill despite how he screwed over the Spurs. However, it looks like he has enough issues all on his own and those are going to plague an otherwise brilliant career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying if this is true but What a ! lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like Kawhi is being advised that he should be able to play, but won’t budge. Balmer must be banging his head right now

It looked like something was going on sorta fishy or out of place. Kawhi has like this little smug look on his face like he really doesn't give a crap almost like a hahaha how you like losing without me sorta look
    Last edited by florige; 06-28-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years later and we still don't know the full story of why he left.

someone hasn’t been paying attention

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone hasn’t been paying attention
    You know the full story on Kawhi? Why not enlighten us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you stop using that word? What the 's wrong with you?
    I normally ignore you but you're right. That's not me. I apologize for using that word, which I've only ever used on Leonard. But no excuse. I won't use it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally ignore you but you're right. That's not me. I apologize for using that word, which I've only ever used on Leonard. But no excuse. I won't use it again.

me too spur padre. Im just going to call him a pussy from now on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is a idiot
    He thinks he knows more then team doctors who are paid well to protect the team
    Why would the clippers risk further injury to him
    Just like Leonard thought spurs would risk further injury to him
    He is a idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the Spurs, the Clippers just have to wait for Kawhi's camp to tell them how serious the injury is.

No one knows Kawhi's body like his uncle does. Simple fact.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the full story on Kawhi? Why not enlighten us?
    it’s been out there for a couple years now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the Spurs, the Clippers just have to wait for Kawhi's camp to tell them how serious the injury is.

No one knows Kawhi's body like his uncle does. Simple fact.
    And the ladies at the local strip bar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are rumors, gossip, and opinions. I don't feel like I've ever seen the irrefutable truth laid out plainly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever. Worst things are said in real life and on here. It's not like you wish death on him or anything. Don't know why people act like the PC police on an internet forum of all places.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever. Worst things are said in real life and on here. It's not like you wish death on him or anything. Don't know why people act like the PC police on an internet forum of all places.
    Go back and your mother some more, then consider the viability of suicide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and your mother some more, then consider the viability of suicide.

I remember I think it was that one Nazi gui ude poster that would always wish death on the refs and their families.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember I think it was that one Nazi gui ude poster that would always wish death on the refs and their families.
    He still regularly posts in the club or political forum as Millenial Messiah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know . TimVP won't even tell what he knows in full yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know . TimVP won't even tell what he knows in full yet.
    yea the cryptic bs without actually saying anything is old and stale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is a idiot
    He thinks he knows more then team doctors who are paid well to protect the team
    Why would the clippers risk further injury to him
    Just like Leonard thought spurs would risk further injury to him
    He is a idiot
    I don't know what's going on with this situation and neither do I care because I'm not a clippers fan, but the Lakers' medical staff told AD he was good to go...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what's going on with this situation and neither do I care because I'm not a clippers fan, but the Lakers' medical staff told AD he was good to go...
    How Many Die from Medical Mistakes in U.S. Hospitals?An updated estimate says it could be at least 210,000 patients a year, more than twice the number in a frequently quoted Ins ute of Medicine report
    By Marshall Allen, ProPublica on September 20, 2013

Notice the date 2013! But covid but covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you stop using that word? What the 's wrong with you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the feeling if this is true, this is Kawhi's dumbass posse in his ear and Kawhi not knowing how to think for himself. With that said, Skip Bayless is an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have a link to an article or post somewhere that you consider definitive and trustworthy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have a link to an article or post somewhere that you consider definitive and trustworthy?

Of course he does. Just wait here and im sure post it asap

Thread Information