Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is in Austin for at least one season. Probably two.
    Probably his whole time with the Spurs tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we made a good draft pick since 2017 tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a project? I was hoping he’s a replacement for any of Murray, White or Lonnie, if any would be packaged later for a Collins or Simmons. At this time, I’m really underwhelmed.
    Yup same here. Duarte, moody, sengun and kispert all available and we pick primo? Very lame. He’ll be in g league all next season. Not surprising with this FO but still ridiculous. I’m happy with pick 41, wieskamp will end up being a better pick than primo

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, basically Gregg used a 12th overall pick on the next Brent Formes. SMH.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he didn't even meet Pop at his workout. So I'm guessing this pick is all R.C.
    So was #9 j/s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup same here. Duarte, moody, sengun and kispert all available and we pick primo? Very lame. He’ll be in g league all next season. Not surprising with this FO but still ridiculous. I’m happy with pick 41, wieskamp will end up being a better pick than primo
    And how do you know that??? Any data to support that B/S take??

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon

tre is better than his draft position but not saying that much bc he was drafted so late

i personally believe in vassell but jury is out

clock is ticking on cutting off luka jr's foreskin and setting him free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of y’all are extra af, spurs are one of the best organizations at drafting in the league. I can understand being upset that they didn’t try to trade back and grab Primo but this kid has a huge ceiling imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here’s some video of Primo during his combine workouts. I’m warming up to this pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he didn't even meet Pop at his workout. So I'm guessing this pick is all R.C.
    Does RC still scout and make the calls when it comes to the draft?

I'm not surprised about Pop not meeting Primo, he's probably not going to coach him. I can imagine them consulting with him about whether there's someone he likes and would find useful for next season and he told them no, draft for the future.

Sure seems a lot of teams weren't as high on this draft (post pick 4 or 5) as the draft experts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's part of the problem. we won't see him for 3 years and even then, he'll come in and spark us to a win in his first appearance only to not play for the next 40 games after that. 's boring as .
    Yeah. Tankathon had primo being picked at 38. That actually makes sense and sounds about right imo. Definitely don’t pick him 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon was a fantastic pick on trade value alone. It probably could've moved him for a lotto pick had they tried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how do you know that??? Any data to support that B/S take??
    The same way I knew we weren’t going to make the playoffs when others were so confident that they bet me $100 that we would. I didn’t forget. Was just waiting to see if you’d ever say anything about it.

still ultra positive guy. I’ll give you that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here’s some video of Primo during his combine workouts. I’m warming up to this pick.
    hmm I reposted bc your link didn’t show properly.

here’s the media grades.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we talk a bit more about DJM’s reaction? That seemed way out of character to me and not at all how I would expect a guy who wants to be the leader of the team to welcome a new team mate, even if he hated the pick.

All I can think is he knows he is on the way out or is about to turn into a vocal malcontent.

Can somebody please convince me otherwise?

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm I reposted bc your link didn’t show properly.

here’s the media grades.

Anything better than an F- is generous AF...

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft picks overall fill a need. Outside shooting

Primo looks promising. Decent 3pt percentage. A intuitive cutter. Needs to work on several things. Like the pick just not at the position picked. Big head scratcher there.

Wieskamp is a good pick at 41. Doesn't have the greatest of handles but good at shooting on the move. High release.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mid-range ffs…Spurs taking it as a compliment. Primo clearly clowning them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we talk a bit more about DJM’s reaction? That seemed way out of character to me and not at all how I would expect a guy who wants to be the leader of the team to welcome a new team mate, even if he hated the pick.All I can think is he knows he is on the way out or is about to turn into a vocal malcontent.Can somebody please convince me otherwise?
    what was his reaction? Didn’t get to watch the draft
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 07-30-2021 at 12:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we talk a bit more about DJM’s reaction? That seemed way out of character to me and not at all how I would expect a guy who wants to be the leader of the team to welcome a new team mate, even if he hated the pick.All I can think is he knows he is on the way out or is about to turn into a vocal malcontent.Can somebody please convince me otherwise?
    Hes always been an outspoken socila media diva,tbh. Dont blame him the pick was a big wtf to basically everyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wieskamp pick gives this more context. The Spurs probably had both really high on their boards. They probably knew Primo doesn’t make it to the 2nd round and rolled the dice that Wieskamp would be there. If they couldn’t find an offer to trade down with, the only choice left is to take Primo at 12, even if it means getting dumped on by the media/fans. I look forward to seeing summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the dust has settled a bit, I think the most pressing reaction I take off this draft is that the current composition of the team is wholly unsustainable. This is actually pretty interesting - any other team, and I'd say it's plainly obvious that they drafted with the certainty that they'd make trades and roster moves to accommodate the new draftees. Of course, the Spurs haven't shown this mentality in the past... But that doesn't necessarily dictate their future moves (or lack of).

So there's the big question - is this summer the "tipping point"? The roster definitely screams for a trade or two. We'll see what happens. Right now, I think any judgement on this draft pick, in its relation to the team as currently constructed, is a bit preposterous. And as for the pick itself -- I'd never even heard of this kid before the draft, so I have nothing to say on him

One thing's for sure, tho - my precious Lonnie's place on the Spurs grows shakier by the day. If this year was a make-or-breaker for him before... It's a kill-or-die one now. Hope he can rise to the challenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This FO has been embarrassing as . Not only with the actual on court product but mainly because they look completely directionless and out of sync.

We have a GM who has no power and RC stepping all over him, a coach that has aged and has too much influence with no one to step in and be a voice of reason for what is best for the franchise and a stunning lack of adaptive ap ude towards the modern game.

It’s been freaking awful especially from a direction standpoint. Completely one foot in, one foot out with predictable bad results.

Saving grace is they avoided anything resembling a major land mine and now the decision that should have been made 2 years ago is forced upon them; move on from the vets, embrace more of a rebuild with the youth getting more prominent roles and give yourself cap flexibility at the minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This FO has been embarrassing as . Not only with the actual on court product but mainly because they look completely directionless and out of sync.

We have a GM who has no power and RC stepping all over him, a coach that has aged and has too much influence with no one to step in and be a voice of reason for what is best for the franchise and a stunning lack of adaptive ap ude towards the modern game.

It’s been freaking awful especially from a direction standpoint. Completely one foot in, one foot out with predictable bad results.

Saving grace is they avoided anything resembling a major land mine and now the decision that should have been made 2 years ago is forced upon them; move on from the vets, embrace more of a rebuild with the youth getting more prominent roles and give yourself cap flexibility at the minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wieskamp pick gives this more context. The Spurs probably had both really high on their boards. They probably knew Primo doesn’t make it to the 2nd round and rolled the dice that Wieskamp would be there. If they couldn’t find an offer to trade down with, the only choice left is to take Primo at 12, even if it means getting dumped on by the media/fans. I look forward to seeing summer league.
    Maybe they wanted bouknight who went one pick before them. When they couldnt trade down they went with the player they thought had the most upside.who knows maybe they wanted primo all along!? They passed on moody,sengun,kispert and duarter ffs

Thread Information