Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post All-star Break

San Antonio-15-1 (.937)

Indiana-11-7 (.611)

Miami 10-7 (4-7 in last 11 games) (.588) (.363)

Oklahoma City-8-6 (.571)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post All-star Break

San Antonio-15-1 (.937)

Indiana-11-7 (.611)

Miami 10-7 (4-7 in last 11 games) (.588) (.363)

Oklahoma City-8-6 (.571)
    damn that's impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would have to lose six more games than the Clippers over the remaining 14 games in order to be passed by them. A top 2 seed is all but a certainty. Taking clinched tiebreakers into account, magic numbers over potential WC playoff teams:

OKC 13
    LAC 9
    HOU 9
    POR 7
    GSW 5
    DAL 2
    MEM 2
    PHX 2
    With 13 games remaining:

OKC 12
    LAC 8
    HOU 8
    POR 5
    GSW 2
    DAL 1
    MEM 1
    PHX 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With 13 games remaining:

OKC 12
    LAC 8
    HOU 8
    POR 5
    GSW 2
    DAL 1
    MEM 1
    PHX 1
    Would be delighted if you restore your magic numbers thread with Spurs players' jerseys! Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs winning the post All Star Break championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be delighted if you restore your magic numbers thread with Spurs players' jerseys! Thanks.
    Thanks, but this thread will suffice for this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just about where the other top teams are vs .500+ teams

24-14

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/type/expanded/group/1

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just about where the other top teams are vs .500+ teams

24-14

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/type/expanded/group/1
    I took a peak at Hollinger's Playoff odds, just for fun, and the disparity between the two conferences is atrocious. Phoenix is in 9th right now. They're the 3 seed if they're in the East. Even Minnesota in 10th would be an Eastern 7 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure i want to face mem now that they edged ind but i know we would beat both dal and mem so it's a wash.

westbrook's MRI says he is fine, so thunder aren't going to miss him any. really hoping they toss one more game for a little buffer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure i want to face mem now that they edged ind but i know we would beat both dal and mem so it's a wash.

westbrook's MRI says he is fine, so thunder aren't going to miss him any. really hoping they toss one more game for a little buffer.
    Memphis is nothing. They're our es. We're 17-2 since the 2011 debacle, including the playoff sweep last year. They had SO MANY things go perfectly right, I doubt they could have won that series 5 times if we played it 100 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to have to go 4-0 during this next stretch to keep HCA throughout IMO. A loss this week and I think the Thunder overtake them.

That Raptor game was really big for OKC but hopefully they drop a winnable game and help SA out tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis just reminds me of Gary Neal, in some good ways and some bad ways. Wouldn't mind playing them but would like to play someone else other than Hou or OKC given the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, here's where gets interesting. Right now we have a 2-game lead over OKC. Here are our last 13 games:

PHI
    DEN
    @DEN
    NOP (b2b)
    @IND
    GS
    OKC
    (b2b)

MEM
    @MIN
    @DAL
    PHO (b2b)
    @HOU

LAL

Here's OKC's last 13 games:

DEN
    @DAL (b2b)
    SAC
    UTA
    SAS
    @HOU (b2b)
    @PHO
    sac
    @LAC (b2b)
    NOP
    @IND
    @NOP (b2b)
    DET

So both teams have pretty tough schedules ahead, but I'd say ours is a bit tougher. That bolded 8-game stretch is brutal. If we can win 5 of those 8 games, and then handle our business against the lesser teams outside of that stretch, I think we'll be in good shape. I think we beat Indiana. They've fallen off a lot, and they embarrassed us last time at home. I think our guys will come out ready to go and we will win.

OKC has to play road games against Dallas, Houston, and the Clippers...all on the 2nd night of back-to-backs.

What will really be huge will be the OKC/SA game obviously. Unfortunately, we'll be on the road and on the 2nd night of a back-to-back...so I'm not too confident about us winning that one. If we do though, it'll be HUGE for us.

It's going to come down to the wire. If we win 9 of those 13 games, OKC will have to win 11 of their 13, which will be pretty tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is nothing. They're our es. We're 17-2 since the 2011 debacle, including the playoff sweep last year. They had SO MANY things go perfectly right, I doubt they could have won that series 5 times if we played it 100 times.
    I think you mean 7-2. Since Gasol came back they have the best defensive rating in the league and were 26-10 at one point heading into last week. Dallas would be the better 1st round opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you mean 7-2. Since Gasol came back they have the best defensive rating in the league and were 26-10 at one point heading into last week. Dallas would be the better 1st round opponent.
    My bad 13-2. They're in our division, so 4 games each in 11-12, 12-13, a 4 game playoff last year, plus 3 games so far this year. We've lost 2 games total, out of 15 since that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Portland to fall all the way to ninth for the sheer hilarity of it, but I'd also hate to see Phoenix rise to eight. They're another poor matchup for the Spurs, even though SA is a far superior team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, here's where gets interesting. Right now we have a 2-game lead over OKC. Here are our last 13 games:

PHI
    DEN
    @DEN
    NOP (b2b)
    @IND
    GS
    OKC
    (b2b)

MEM
    @MIN
    @DAL
    PHO (b2b)
    @HOU

LAL

Here's OKC's last 13 games:

DEN
    @DAL (b2b)
    SAC
    UTA
    SAS
    @HOU (b2b)
    @PHO
    sac
    @LAC (b2b)
    NOP
    @IND
    @NOP (b2b)
    DET

So both teams have pretty tough schedules ahead, but I'd say ours is a bit tougher. That bolded 8-game stretch is brutal. If we can win 5 of those 8 games, and then handle our business against the lesser teams outside of that stretch, I think we'll be in good shape. I think we beat Indiana. They've fallen off a lot, and they embarrassed us last time at home. I think our guys will come out ready to go and we will win.

OKC has to play road games against Dallas, Houston, and the Clippers...all on the 2nd night of back-to-backs.

What will really be huge will be the OKC/SA game obviously. Unfortunately, we'll be on the road and on the 2nd night of a back-to-back...so I'm not too confident about us winning that one. If we do though, it'll be HUGE for us.

It's going to come down to the wire. If we win 9 of those 13 games, OKC will have to win 11 of their 13, which will be pretty tough.
    One thing to keep in mind is Westbrook resting on B2Bs. He has generally rested on the 1st game and played the 2nd games. That would mean he sits against the Spurs and plays Houston. That could significantly boost our chances of winning the #1 seed.

Having Green not be tied to Westbrook but instead play Jackson and focus our efforts on stopping Durant is big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragic will not be fun for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing to keep in mind is Westbrook resting on B2Bs. He has generally rested on the 1st game and played the 2nd games. That would mean he sits against the Spurs and plays Houston. That could significantly boost our chances of winning the #1 seed.

Having Green not be tied to Westbrook but instead play Jackson and focus our efforts on stopping Durant is big.
    so is the no.1 seed that essential, to the point that Pop is actively pushing for it? D. Green sounded like they are more focused on health and rhythm, which is music to my ears, but I wonder if Pop is worried about getting HCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Portland to fall all the way to ninth for the sheer hilarity of it, but I'd also hate to see Phoenix rise to eight. They're another poor matchup for the Spurs, even though SA is a far superior team.
    Portland won't choke enough to fall that far. However, I think Dallas might fall out and let Phoenix in unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns chances are pretty slim at the moment (Memphis also has a tough schedule but had the tie breaker vs. Phoenix) Their April schedule is murders row. 9 remaining games in 15 days. 6 of those are on the road 4 against playoff teams. including road games at Dallas, San Antonio and Memphis.

I do like Portland's odds to beat Houston in a tough 1st round match-up. Thats a 6 game series easy possibly a 7 gamer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They'll reverse it for the Spurs. That game is far more important than the second against Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally think HCA is pretty important for us. Obviously I'd prefer a healthy/rested squad over anything, but HCA is big. OKC/LAC/Houston/Portland are all way better at home compared to on the road. Look at their home vs. away records and you'll see a huge difference in their performance.

I mean , look back to the Finals. If we have HCA over Miami, that game 7 is much more winnable.

Also, if we have the #1 seed, that means we'll play the winner of either Houston/Portland or Houston/GS. I think LAC can knock out OKC personally if those teams meet in the 2nd.

Memphis/Dallas --> Golden State/Portland --> LAC --> Finals...that's our ideal path IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and Popovich are the greatest players/coach core in the history of all U.S. pro sports.

Duncan is 37, Ginobili is 36, and Parker is 31, an "old" (minus Parker) core and in their 12th season together are sitting at the top the league still. Even Bird, McHale, and Parrish in their 12th year together only won a measly 51 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is the no.1 seed that essential, to the point that Pop is actively pushing for it? D. Green sounded like they are more focused on health and rhythm, which is music to my ears, but I wonder if Pop is worried about getting HCA.
    The Spurs are 0-6 dating back the WCF in OKC. If we were to get back to the Finals the Spurs (almost certainly) home court against Miami and possibly Indiana.

The odds of the Spurs beating OKC without home court is 40/60, at best. I'm not as worried about home court against Indiana. They could just as easily drop the next two games (@ Chicago and Miami).

The Spurs can easily rest its big 3 in the next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker sit at home against Phili giving him 3 days off before Denver game. Then playing @ Denver 2 nights later. They come back home to play the Pelicans who are 12-23 on the road.

Denver is especially short handed. Hickson is out for the season along with McGee. There is a massive drop off in their 4-5 rotation with only Faried and Mosgov posting P.E.Rs above 12.

3 seasons ago Pop actually allowed the big 3 to play the last game of the season because there was a chance that they would finish with the best record in the league.

He has been known to say one thing and do another. I believe he wants home court through out. He won't up any of the big 3's minute.

Thread Information