Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never disliked a Spur more than this man. I'll never understand how he had a cult following here prior to this season. Also won't ever understand how you can add him to a roster that already had Mills and Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never disliked a Spur more than this man. I'll never understand how he had a cult following here prior to this season. Also won't ever understand how you can add him to a roster that already had Mills and Forbes.
    Exactly how I feel. I wasn’t even a fan of him in 2014-2015 and hated that he was brought back in 2018 as much as I hated the Derozan trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing disgusting ass . Slow, unathletic mother er that can't stay in front of anybody. Get ing length and players that can defend. WTF is so hard about that, RC?

Holy this is disgusting. I'm ing appalled at how many of you idiots love this signing too.
    Who gives a if he can shoot? Forbes can shoot too. So can Davis.

What's the point of trading one player who's only skill is shooting and who can't defend worth a for another player that's more expensive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Everyone loves to point to that one big shot he made against Miami but people forget he hardly got any minutes during those playoffs after the DAL series because he was so damn unplayable. This is ing gross, man.
    RC just ruined my night with this. It's been like 15 mins and I'm still as disgusted with it as I was when I first saw the report.

Length, athleticism, not an atrocious defender...is that too much to ask for?
    Pretty much anybody that isn't an atrocious defender. I would no joke rather have 45 year old Vince Carter than this Italian traffic cone. If money dries up, maybe Hood can be had for the full MLE. Mbah a Moute.

Gay is fine. I like the signing last year and glad he came back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll admit I was ok with the signing because Belli had balls that others on the team that others just didn’t have. But I didn’t expect him to be such a major part of the rotation. Like Bryn, and Mills, it’s not their fault Pop plays them as many minutes as he does. They are who they are. Pop has just lost it when it comes to putting the best team on the floor. It’s all about pets right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a if he can shoot? Forbes can shoot too. So can Davis.

What's the point of trading one player who's only skill is shooting and who can't defend worth a for another player that's more expensive?
    I'm going to throw up if Rodney Hood doesn't get more than the MLE.
    Gerald Green: 1 yr/2 million

That's a great bench value signing. This is crap since it eats into the MLE.
    I mean why not just use the full MLE to make a run at someone notable? Bring back Forbes for a fraction of the price if you want a "shooter" that will get lit up on the other end. This accomplishes absolutely nothing.
    I'm not really getting how Belli is a clear upgrade over Forbes, much less a massive one.

I'm trying to find a silver lining for this signing and I got nothing. Still disgusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea i didnt necessarily hate the signing it was the price,timing and now over playing belli over our 18th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh. Still disgusted by this, tbh.
    But you will with big balls Bellinelli aka Ferrari aka Bellichamp!
    Glenn Robinson III
    Gerald Green
    Luc Mbah Moute
    Vince Carter

So far the first two have been signed for cheaper. I'm sure the last two will as well.

Or better yet use the full MLE to make a run at guys like Rodney Hood or Tyreke Evans instead of wasting part of it on this Italian traffic cone.
    There was no debate.

When it was time to buckle down and win the tough games Bellinelli barely saw any minutes:

Game 5 vs OKC - 14 minutes
    Game 6 at OKC - 6 minutes

Game 3 at MIA - 6 minutes
    Game 4 at MIA - 4 minutes
    Game 5 vs MIA - 8 minutes

Just lol at him being some type of proven, hardened champion that delivers when it matters. He's as much of a champion as Baynes and Ayers are.
    Why is it that practically every Spurfan hated Neal but loves Belli?

They're the same type of player, and it can be argued that Neal was a better shooter/scorer and that his '13 playoffs were more impressive than Belli's '14 playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Ferrari!!!!! wtf
    Shooting was straight garbage last season and Beli is a proven shooter.
    Walker was never gonna play big minutes.

Forbes is gone, Manu is likely retiring, and TP is probably gone too.

Spurs get some much needed shooting (whether Kawhi is back or not) on a not so terrible contract. I'm fine with this tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get some much needed shooting (whether Kawhi is back or not) on a not so terrible contract. I'm fine with this tbh.
    Forgot how funny that was, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sucks

His defense is still atrocious and they likely won't have the money for a Milutinov

And he can stunt the development of Walker and White

RC still screwing up the first hour of free agency
    He is a terrible defender, can't play SF, and ruins the young athletes at that position they had coming up

This is real bad
    Let's also add that for the FOUR years before this season he only shot 35.5% from three. Just overrated as a shooter. Marco's last 4 seasons were even very slightly worse than Gary Neal's final 4 seasons in the NBA.

He played 11 seasons before this one and only managed at least 40% twice.

With his bad defense, poor shot selection, and overrated shooting he's just bad news and should lose his spot to Walker as soon as he's healthy. We know of course that it won't happen. But I have no doubt Walker can just as easily shoot 32% from 3 but add better defense and an element of athleticism in transition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk armchair GMs > PATFO

by miles tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when there were grumblings that nephew wasn't happy with the signings the Spurs were doing? Can't blame him and unc for bailing. Probably add Pop's senility to that as well.

Although the real harbinger to all of this was signing that loser LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man Beli was a fine signing since he was supposed to play a complimentary role until the young guys were ready.

Unfortunately, the senile at the wheel decided to feature two shooters who cant shoot over Lonnie/White this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man Beli was a fine signing
    This guy is doubling down.

objective, FkLA, timtonymanu, do you guys agree that Belinelli was a fine signing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans been ahead of the FO for a few years now tbh. Really is a smart fan base overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans been ahead of the FO for a few years now tbh. Really is a smart fan base overall.
    I've said it once and I'll say it again spurstalk would've never traded for derozan and resigned Mills/Gasol/Belinelli/Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really is a smart fan base overall.
    It's quite nice of you to be over generous in your comments during the holiday season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when there were grumblings that nephew wasn't happy with the signings the Spurs were doing? Can't blame him and unc for bailing. Probably add Pop's senility to that as well.

Although the real harbinger to all of this was signing that loser LMA.
    Absolutely. Been saying that for quite a while now. That was the first crack in the once proud Spurs organization that is rapidly crumbling into a pile of rubble. Pop doubled down by trading for the other prima dona pseudo-star, Dumbmar. Now standing pat through the trade deadline would be the last straw for me. I will probably go on Spurs sabbatical until PATFO is gone.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it once and I'll say it again spurstalk would've never traded for derozan and resigned Mills/Gasol/Belinelli/Forbes.

There were a lot of people here who were upset when PATFO let Beli "get away" the first time. Every time he had a good game they were on the bandwagon. And they were happy when he got brought back. The difference is, even most of them have figured it out quicker than Pop.

I want the POS gone. I would say put Keldon on a full contract, but he's probably better off staying a full year in Austin. So waive Beli and sign a G-League player to a min contract. Whatever. I'm sick of watching the bas .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were a lot of people here who were upset when PATFO let Beli "get away" the first time. Every time he had a good game they were on the bandwagon. And they were happy when he got brought back. The difference is, even most of them have figured it out quicker than Pop.

I want the POS gone. I would say put Keldon on a full contract, but he's probably better off staying a full year in Austin. So waive Beli and sign a G-League player to a min contract. Whatever. I'm sick of watching the bas .
    Every time he checks in I get physically ill. last night was the first time I literally stoped watching a spurs game out of just pure disgust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gotta get rid of Pop, he's a far bigger problem than Beli

this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

objective, FkLA, timtonymanu, do you guys agree that Belinelli was a fine signing?
    Of course not, it was a terrible signing. If it had only been for the BAE it could have been tolerable because those tend to be throw-away deals barely better than a minimum. Then the MLE could have been spent on a useful player, like Milutinov.

At least Mugen can recognize that he shouldn't play anymore.

Since you were on a 5 year sabbatical, I never saw your opinions on the deal. You still defend the Mills deal iirc so I would guess you liked the Marco deal at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not, it was a terrible signing. If it had only been for the BAE it could have been tolerable because those tend to be throw-away deals barely better than a minimum. Then the MLE could have been spent on a useful player, like Milutinov.

At least Mugen can recognize that he shouldn't play anymore.

Since you were on a 5 year sabbatical, I never saw your opinions on the deal. You still defend the Mills deal iirc so I would guess you liked the Marco deal at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Any other coach would have benched Beli by now but he's still out there firing away thanks to your boy.

I never imagined that Nephew and Dennis would up the old man this bad that Beli would still be heavily featured in the offense so I'll definitely cop to that

Thread Information