Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fail to see how the people who are against PATFO's decision to draft Luka use the fact that he's in the G-League as proof that they're right. Isn't the decision to bring Luka up to the NBA PATFO's to make? Why do you not trust them to draft him, but trust them to know what's right for his development? They're either stupid or they're not.

It's pretty obvious that the Spurs have a unique methodology when it comes to developing talent among the other NBA teams. Given the level of success that they've had drafting NBA-quality players outside of the lottery (George Hill, Kawhi, Kyle Anderson, Murray, White and Walker), maybe we should learn to be more patient, even if it's highly annoying to watch.

As for Luka himself, the kid has made some strides in recent games. His finishing and stamina have clearly improved. Hopefully, that's due to him getting better and more accustomed to the American game, rather than just being a function of Keldon, Chimezie and Drew spending more time in San Antonio. If it's because he's truly getting much better, then that would be pretty indicative of a strong work ethic. Combine a good work ethic with his tools, and he very well may be that gem we're hoping for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok are sure Mmemphis is going to hold on to that 8th seed because they can easily lose the first 5 games after the All Star break. Furthermore what is this Brandon Clarke this dude is closer to 30 then is to becoming a star. I'm rooting for Luka to be great because y'all overhype Clarke so much when truth be told he's not even better than Eric Paschall.
    This is beyond stupid, no offense. Yeah, Clarke isn’t perfect but trying to dishonestly knock him to prop up others when he is by all accounts having an INCREDIBLE rookie season is strange.

He’s overcome any critique he had and proven them wrong so far. Yeah, he was always supposed to be NBA ready compared to others, but he’s making a legitimate impact.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is beyond stupid, no offense. Yeah, Clarke isn’t perfect but trying to dishonestly knock him to prop up others when he is by all accounts having an INCREDIBLE rookie season is strange.

He’s overcome any critique he had and proven them wrong so far. Yeah, he was always supposed to be NBA ready compared to others, but he’s making a legitimate impact.
    You have this weird hard on for Clarke where you defend any critique of him but yet you critique players all the time. Yes I believe Eric Paschall will be better than him and I also believe the same about Keldon Johnson and Kevin Porter Jr. You like to point out DeMar's flaws but god forbid someone points out the truth about Brandon Clarke and you have a fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke is the second coming of Jordan in DPG's eyes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dude is a fanboy it's ok to appreciate a players talent but to defend him the way he does is quite strange. All this dude does is bash DeRozan but he says "Oh he's a good dude just the wrong fit" but when you criticize Clarke he comes in here with is cape saying "stop tearing him down"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have this weird hard on for Clarke where you defend any critique of him but yet you critique players all the time. Yes I believe Eric Paschall will be better than him and I also believe the same about Keldon Johnson and Kevin Porter Jr. You like to point out DeMar's flaws but god forbid someone points out the truth about Brandon Clarke and you have a fit.
    You can critique players all you want; as do I. But be realistic about it. Clarke’s metics are great for a rookie (albeit what should be a more nba ready rookie). That doesn’t mean he’s perfect; but yeah, critiquing rookies that grade out as very favorable is a weird thing.

Nitpicking some players where they have questionable impact and a losing record makes more sense * shrug *

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I wanted Clarke and argued in his favor (and so far, he’s been better than advertised, especially his shooting splits), but I was also fine with Luka. Not hard to look up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dude is a fanboy it's ok to appreciate a players talent but to defend him the way he does is quite strange. All this dude does is bash DeRozan but he says "Oh he's a good dude just the wrong fit" but when you criticize Clarke he comes in here with is cape saying "stop tearing him down"
    Bruh, DeRozan is paid nearly 30M and he’s the leader of a team with a losing record. I’ve said he’s played well for him. I’ve said he’s not to “blame” and that it’s more that his style of play and what it takes to be successful isn’t working with this Spurs build and realistically wont (on the heels of having to pay him more money).

There is a thing called context.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, DeRozan is paid nearly 30M and he’s the leader of a team with a losing record. I’ve said he’s played well for him. I’ve said he’s not to “blame” and that it’s more that his style of play and what it takes to be successful isn’t working with this Spurs build and realistically wont (on the heels of having to pay him more money).

There is a thing called context.
    Yeah you won't address the fact that there were players taken after Clarke who are going to be better than he will be. next year Paschall will be playing meaningful minutes on a contending team. Keldon Johnson if given the Opportunity could do what Clarke is doing now he's nothing special and in 5 years when he's 30 this will all be laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you won't address the fact that there were players taken after Clarke who are going to be better than he will be. next year Paschall will be playing meaningful minutes on a contending team. Keldon Johnson if given the Opportunity could do what Clarke is doing now he's nothing special and in 5 years when he's 30 this will all be laughable.
    What? You keep making stuff up. I”m not victory lapping Clarke and sh*tting on others. But with what we’ve seen now? Yeah, safe to say Clarke would have been a fine pick and his impact is better than some detractors thought it would be.

So your issue with me is that I am fine with not picking him but was right about him having solid tools to help win now with still decent upside because I believed there were reasons his shot would improve?

Ok, you win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were in win now mode with an aging Aldridge and DeRozan so what's the point of drafting projects instead of low ceiling ready to play players. In fact the Spurs should of been the ones trading picks to Toronto in order to get a better deal instead of taking on picks they would turn into projects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really does get me, that someone who advocates bottoming out, wants a "win now player"

One of the debates to come is can the Spurs build around Murray... If so, a low ceiling role player is great. But if not, the team needs max talent and the odds are good Luka will be fine at 24. Now it sucks having to burn cost controlled contact years in the g league... But just wait until one and done is over to complain about young players slowly developing. It's going to get worse,

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like the second coming of Brogden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were in win now mode with an aging Aldridge and DeRozan so what's the point of drafting projects instead of low ceiling ready to play players. In fact the Spurs should of been the ones trading picks to Toronto in order to get a better deal instead of taking on picks they would turn into projects.
    Shhh. The Spurs were never in win-now mode. They were in barely make the playoffs mode. And that's where they are right now. They knew this team was never good enough to win. Luka was a pick for the future because they are trying to be decent now with an eye to the future.

And for the record, Demarr is the best player on this team by a mile. He's a good player. Only like 5-6 guys in this league can take a team like the Spurs and make them a playoff team. No shame on him that he can't do it by himself. He's actually been better than advertised, especially once LMA decided to shoot threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ If the Spurs aren't trying to win, then they failed to tell all the try hards on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhh. The Spurs were never in win-now mode. They were in barely make the playoffs mode. And that's where they are right now. They knew this team was never good enough to win. Luka was a pick for the future because they are trying to be decent now with an eye to the future.

And for the record, Demarr is the best player on this team by a mile. He's a good player. Only like 5-6 guys in this league can take a team like the Spurs and make them a playoff team. No shame on him that he can't do it by himself. He's actually been better than advertised, especially once LMA decided to shoot threes.
    Then why bring in a vet like Carroll for that price? Re-sign Rudy at that price? Keep Beli/Mills and others at their prices? They are definitely trying to win (even if they know a le isn’t in the cards)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paschall and KJ are not and will not be better than Clarke. That was easy to see pre-draft and is easy to see now. You are way too high KJ. He’ll be lucky to make the spurs roster...and the spurs are not going to be a good team anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why bring in a vet like Carroll for that price? Re-sign Rudy at that price? Keep Beli/Mills and others at their prices? They are definitely trying to win (even if they know a le isn’t in the cards)
    They are 100% trying to win now. They just suck at it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand all the fuss over luka...he is a big with a pretty good shooting form already and isn't afraid to put the ball on the floor and plays with some flair...you take a chance on that guy 10 out of 10 times because if he pans out he can significantly change the dynamic of your team...

As far as Clarke...who cares what he is doing in memphis...he would never be doing that here...he would be in the g league...cause you know, that is what the spurs do with rookies...

Comparing the spurs and memphis is silly because they are two completely different basketball situations...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paschall and KJ are not and will not be better than Clarke. That was easy to see pre-draft and is easy to see now. You are way too high KJ. He’ll be lucky to make the spurs roster...and the spurs are not going to be a good team anytime soon.
    Some here still think Ryan Richards and Adam Hanga will make the team. In those guy's eyes, the FO has never whiffed a pick. Not one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh yeah Keldon Johnson was better last as a freshman than Brandon Clarke was. If you think Keldon Johnson won't make the Spurs roster then that proves my point about your basketball knowledge. Like I said Keldon Johnson and Eric Paschall will all be better pro's than Clarke but hey you have a man crush on the guy I get it I think it's strange but hey it's your life.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some here still think Ryan Richards and Adam Hanga will make the team. In those guy's eyes, the FO has never whiffed a pick. Not one.
    I don't even know who those dudes are but to make seem like Keldon Johnson who some had going in the lottery can't make an NBA team is idiotic. I understand most of y'all want to have Brandon Clarke's kids but to me it's an unhealthy infatuation that y'all have with that dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Luka is in the G-League and not over in Europe still like so many of earlier Euro draft picks...….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in some posters eyes, PATFO never does anything right? I wonder which is it? Also, I'm curious who still thinks Richards and Hanga would this team?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be compe ive enough to make the 7 or 8 seed. No one thought they were legit le contenders. Rudy was a no brainer on the money and probably a little bit little bit loyalty for choosing to come to the Spurs when he was a FA. Some of those contracts predate Kawhi trade. But also I’m sure they tried to trade Beli to no avail.

Thread Information